want to wipe my HDD and re install windows 10

intertan

like the title says I have a laptop that came with windows 10. I would like to completely wipe the HDD clean and install windows 10 like new. Preferably with out all the crap HP puts on the laptop

One thing to note is that some of that bloatware is still needed or proprietary to the drivers. You can manually remove them or change out a few programs but some are needed. Not many just some.

Do you have too much time? Just uninstall what you don't need, add/remove programs. It's not forbidden. New installation will be the same "fresh", you just lost youf time.

23 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Do you have too much time? Just uninstall what you don't need, add/remove programs. It's not forbidden. New installation will be the same "fresh", you just lost youf time.

Honestly it doesn't take that much to reinstall Windows. Depending on HDD/SSD write speed it takes 1-3h+updates.

E: And you don't need to babysit it whole time. Go out if you are bored.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Honestly it doesn't take that much to reinstall Windows. Depending on HDD/SSD write speed it takes 1-3h+updates.

E: And you don't need to babysit it whole time. Go out if you are bored.

I don't tell you that you must go out every time you giving someone advices that I disagree. Personal comments are not so nice and fact that you have much more posts than me, is not excuse.

In this case uninstalling few crappy tools that comes with laptop is much easier imo and that is my opinion. This is not old laptop that needs to be clean after x years, it's (as I understand) new laptop that comes with installed original windows. And, like in most cases, comes with extra tools that may be useful for someone or not. Every tool can be uninstall and after 10 minutes and maybe 2 restarts you'll get clean Windows without addons. Much faster than "1-3h+upates".