Windows Boot Manager not loading [Please Help]

Skippy1209

I was attempting to overclock my cpu for better performance, but I failed at it and in an attempt to return the cpu to it’s original status, I went back not nils and since I was on an asus motherboard I click default, thinking that it would fix everything. Load optimized defaults was the selections and continued with it. When I went to load windows I’m given an option WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER. I select the manager and nothing happens, the screen is just black . I’ve tried changing up some of the settings idk what I’m missing but I’m windows is on the drive.of there is something I missed please tell me.

Specs

• System: AMD fx-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core | AMD 970 chipset | 2 x 4GB DDR3 | 1TB HDD | 24x dvdrw dual-layer Drive | Windows 10 home 64-bit
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon rx 470 4GB video card | HDMI | DisplayPort
  • Connectivity: 3 x USB 3.0 | 7 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel
  • m5A97 R2.0 motherboard

Welcome to the LTT forums! Ok, don't panic (too much) but this means that Windows is likely corrupted, just be mentally prepared for the fact that if you didn't back up your files they may be lost. Ok, let's first start with plan A) selecting the HDD itself from the Legacy boot options it will likely have the name on the label of the HDD, select it and it should try to boot into Windows. Please report back to me if it fails, and I will give you plan B).

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Look into the UEFI settings.  You many need to create a new reference to the windows boot manger there just to make sure.

8 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! Ok, don't panic (too much) but this means that Windows is likely corrupted, just be mentally prepared for the fact that if you didn't back up your files they may be lost. Ok, let's first start with plan A) selecting the HDD itself from the Legacy boot options it will likely have the name on the label of the HDD, select it and it should try to boot into Windows. Please report back to me if it fails, and I will give you plan B).

Where can I find this legacy boot option

5 minutes ago, savstars said:

Look into the UEFI settings.  You many need to create a new reference to the windows boot manger there just to make sure.

Is UEFI found in the CSm configurations ?

Most BIOSes have it enabled from defualt and you just select the hard drive, others you need to search under boot options and enable it.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Most BIOSes have it enabled from defualt and you just select the hard drive, others you need to search under boot options and enable it.

I’m given three choices

windows boot manager

WD WD10

HT-DL

When I go to SATA confg I see that WD WD10 is my drive with 1000 GB

1 minute ago, Skippy1209 said:

I’m given three choices

windows boot manager

WD WD10

HT-DL

Select WD WD10 on startup

I’m 

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Select WD WD10 on startup

I’m given therebbot and select proper boot device sreen

1 minute ago, Skippy1209 said:

I’m 

I’m given therebbot and select proper boot device sreen

image.jpg

I downloaded manual for your mainboard and it's what I recommend:

In BIOS:

1. Enter Advanced MODE (F7).

2. Go to Advanced tab and enter SATA Configuration, set it to AHCI. Save and exit. And enter BIOS again.

3. Select your HDD as first boot device in Boot section under Boot Option Priorites.

I don't see CSM in your BIOS, but maybe in manual there is something wrong (or just your motherboard is too old). I don't see UEFI configuration too, except in RAID mode. Strange BIOS (or bad manual).

Losing anything is very unlikely - you may check this by preparing bootable Ubuntu on USB (on another computer). Do not format your drive, do not repair Windows installation - most important are your files.

4 hours ago, homeap5 said:

I downloaded manual for your mainboard and it's what I recommend:

In BIOS:

1. Enter Advanced MODE (F7).

2. Go to Advanced tab and enter SATA Configuration, set it to AHCI. Save and exit. And enter BIOS again.

3. Select your HDD as first boot device in Boot section under Boot Option Priorites.

I don't see CSM in your BIOS, but maybe in manual there is something wrong (or just your motherboard is too old). I don't see UEFI configuration too, except in RAID mode. Strange BIOS (or bad manual).

Losing anything is very unlikely - you may check this by preparing bootable Ubuntu on USB (on another computer). Do not format your drive, do not repair Windows installation - most important are your files.

Alright thanks and yes csm is in my advanced settings and uefi I tried that but no sweet 

23 minutes ago, Skippy1209 said:

Alright thanks and yes csm is in my advanced settings and uefi I tried that but no sweet 

So turn on UEFI mode only, save, enter bios again, turn off CSM, save, enter bios again, set hdd as first boot and disable secure boot. Save and boot.

If not help, boot in this mode usb with win10 and fix boot (do not reinstall).

26 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

So turn on UEFI mode only, save, enter bios again, turn off CSM, save, enter bios again, set hdd as first boot and disable secure boot. Save and boot.

If not help, boot in this mode usb with win10 and fix boot (do not reinstall).

It’s doesnt give me the option to disable secure boot

53 minutes ago, Skippy1209 said:

Alreaalready in correct boot order

Ok

59 minutes ago, Skippy1209 said:

It’s doesnt give me the option to disable secure boot

It must be somewhere.

11 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It must be somewhere.

I got it but no luck I’ll repair the boot

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

Is your BIOS in legacy or UEFI mode? 

UEFI 

3 minutes ago, Skippy1209 said:

UEFI 

Unplug cord and plug in again? Check the cable? 

6 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Unplug cord and plug in again? Check the cable? 

I did

46 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It must be somewhere.

Hey now that that I have the disc what do I do to repair?