Any1 else have a alexa assistant?

IHirs

I just got a alexa dot today, and it appears to be inexusably trash at answering questions. Any1 else have this experience, or did i just get unlucky? Also how good are all the other personal assistance, and which one is the best?

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What are you asking it?

I personally like the google home.

For instance i asked it "what is the gdp per capita of south sudan" and it tells me that south sudan is a landlocked country.

Believe it or not Alexa is currently one of the best AIs available, along with Google Voice. It just is difficult to encode for English, try asking the same question in Spanish, or some other latin based language and you will see what I mean.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Yes, I have a echo dot and compared to the full echo the dot is shit. The Google home is just as good as the echo. I have all three. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 hours ago, IHirs said:

For instance i asked it "what is the gdp per capita of south sudan" and it tells me that south sudan is a landlocked country.

I have a 1st Gen full tower Echo. No issues with questions or commands here. Only thing that sometimes annoys me is when im watching youtube it sometimes perks up thinking w/e is playing is asking a question or wanting to play music lol. Tho that's just cos my PC volume is loud :D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

The Dot is a 6 year old compared to the college student that is the Echo. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Alexa is Alexa... all those devices poll the same internet service. If you don't get the answer you were looking for, try rephrasing the question. Just personal experience, Google's assistant seems to do a better job deciphering what you're wanting.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

3 hours ago, IHirs said:

I just asked my Echo Dot that question and it answered fine. Speak clearly my guy :P

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

The Dot is a 6 year old compared to the college student that is the Echo. 

2 hours ago, Noctus said:

I have a 1st Gen full tower Echo. No issues with questions or commands here. Only thing that sometimes annoys me is when im watching youtube it sometimes perks up thinking w/e is playing is asking a question or wanting to play music lol. Tho that's just cos my PC volume is loud :D

5 hours ago, aki adaki said:

Yes, I have a echo dot and compared to the full echo the dot is shit. The Google home is just as good as the echo. I have all three. 

I thought the only difference between the echo and the echo dot is the quality of the hardware (i.e. speaker and mic) am i wrong?

7 hours ago, IHirs said:

I thought the only difference between the echo and the echo dot is the quality of the hardware (i.e. speaker and mic) am i wrong?

Basically yes, tho there have been reports of people saying the dot is worse. I personally own the Echo Plus and love it for its music capability as well. If your wanting it for purely "smart home" functionality then buy multiple Dots for around your home so you can seamlessly issue commands/query's between rooms. But if your wanting a smart hub with excellent speaker functionality built in? Echo Plus.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530