Is a 290 worth it?

Bluthusten

Hey guys,

im now waiting for my ordered ASUS r9 280x DCU II Top since releasedate. (284,95€)

My retailer doen´t even have a delivery date for this card i´m willing to cancel this order.

I talked to the support for a "replacement". They offered me the Gigabyte r9 290 OC Windforce3 with Battlefield 4 for 394€ and they send me a 10€ dicount code for my trouble.

So my question is should i take this offer an buy the 290 for 384€ (delivery 10.01.2014) or wait even longer for the 280x (still no delivery date)

Im a bit of a silence freak, so will the gigabyte be quiet like the ASUS direct CU II?

Bitfenix Shinobi | ASUS M5A99x Evo | FX 6300 (4.150 GHz) | Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) CL9 DDR3 1600 |

Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB | Seagate Barrcuda 1TB | Corsair AX760

Go for 290

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I love the price lag <3

Prices for AMD cards still haven't gone up here.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

In your case I'd go for the 290 in a heart beat. You're getting a card that can easily compete with a 780 or a titan.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Thanks for all the answers!

but jet another question.... will it fit in my case? it seems to be very long but i can´t find details about it.

Bitfenix Shinobi | ASUS M5A99x Evo | FX 6300 (4.150 GHz) | Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) CL9 DDR3 1600 |

Thanks for all the answers!

but jet another question.... will it fit in my case? it seems to be very long but i can´t find details about it.

It will fit in a Shinobi

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

It will fit in a Shinobi

OK, thank u. I Guess i will go for it then.  :)

TEW NINE DEEEEEEEE

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Go for 290

Windforce 3X cooler and BF4 says all. Go for it!

TEW NINE DEEEEEEEE

is the 290OC the same with a 290x? I have the same question

is the 290OC the same with a 290x? I have the same question

If i recall correctly it's not just a different clock speed. There are some parts of the card deactivated on the 290. You can't flash 290s to 290Xs anymore though.

who cares...

If i recall correctly it's not just a different clock speed. There are some parts of the card deactivated on the 290. You can't flash 290s to 290Xs anymore though.

also this is a 290x

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Grafikkarten/AMD-Grafikkarten/RADEON-R9-290-Serie/VTX3D-Radeon-R9-290-X-Edition-4096-MB-DDR5-DP-HDMI-DVI::24879.html

Nope. I'd say it's a trick by VTX. They want you to believe it's a 290X by calling a 290 a X-Edition. This is in deed a R9 290-non-X

Edit: look at the price, it's a 290

who cares...

Nope. I'd say it's a trick by VTX. They want you to believe it's a 290X by calling a 290 a X-Edition. This is in deed a R9 290-non-X

Edit: look at the price, it's a 290

for extreme gaming like Crysis 3 4k 60fps which gpu do you recommend ( exept the 780ti)?

for extreme gaming like Crysis 3 4k 60fps which gpu do you recommend ( exept the 780ti)?

Lots of VRAM is important for 4K. 4K is 4 times the pixels as 1080 so you gonna want lots of VRAM. I have no idea about 4K performance though. I hope we will find out how it is, when Linus manages to benchmark 4K. I personally would say two of either of them will do the trick. Depends on your budget.

Edit: But it doubt that two of them will be abled to display Crysis 3 60 FPS 4K.

Edit 2: 800 post party!

who cares...

I love the price lag <3

buy some cards, and ship them to the us.

profit

-2k posts. wohoo

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Lots of VRAM is important for 4K. 4K is 4 times the pixels as 1080 so you gonna want lots of VRAM. I have no idea about 4K performance though. I hope we will find out how it is, when Linus manages to benchmark 4K. I personally would say two of either of them will do the trick. Depends on your budget.

Edit: But it doubt that two of them will be abled to display Crysis 3 60 FPS 4K.

Edit 2: 800 post party!

i have money for the 290? that is my budget

i have money for the 290? that is my budget

Do you already have a 4K monitor? If not, why worry? If yes, you gotta start somewhere by buying one after another. :D I personally think the 290X is overpriced. But if i was you I'd look at some performance charts for overclocked and stock clocked cards, and then decide if it's worth saving up for a 290X, or if you should buy a 290.

who cares...

Do you already have a 4K monitor? If not, why worry? If yes, you gotta start somewhere by buying one after another. :D I personally think the 290X is overpriced. But if i was you I'd look at some performance charts for overclocked and stock clocked cards, and then decide if it's worth saving up for a 290X, or if you should buy a 290.

I dont have a 4k monitor but i am planning to get one, should I?

Go for 290

I love the price lag <3

Do it do it do it. :)

SO i dont know what to buy? Extreme gaming. i will not buy a gtx 780ti!

is the msi lighting  the same as the 780ti and also should i get a 290 or a 290x??

or other card which perform as good as a 780ti

If you go down that route, make sure your e-tailer isn't price gauging and also go for Sapphire. There was a post somewhere around here that shows just how shit the WF cooler was on that GPU.

If you go down that route, make sure your e-tailer isn't price gauging and also go for Sapphire. There was a post somewhere around here that shows just how shit the WF cooler was on that GPU.

also which card should i get the sapphire tri-x 290 is also in the list? Also can you tell me any card which perform as well as a 780ti?