Having trouble deciding on PSU

Ryzone
Go to solution Solved by LienusLateTips,
13 minutes ago, Ryzone said:

Would you choose P2 over RMx?

58 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

It's about the same performance but has higher efficiency.

A TM650x is only 70 and better than the rmx or supernova check it on amazon

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Did you mean the Corsair TX650M?

11 minutes ago, Ryzone said:

Did you mean the Corsair TX650M?

Yes sorry

Ah I'd rather have something thats fully modular

1 minute ago, Ryzone said:

Ah I'd rather have something thats fully modular

The only parts that are not modualr are the 24 pin mobo and the cpu power so its up to you

The Focus Plus Gold 750W ist available for $65 if you use the rebate. Not that you need anywhere near 750W for a ~400W system, but the price is very reasonable

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The Focus Plus Gold 750W ist available for $65 if you use the rebate. Not that you need anywhere near 750W for a ~400W system, but the price is very reasonable

Yes I was looking at Seasonic and Bequiet PSU's too. Its hard to decide. I'm also trying to find something that is silent too with eco mode and a good fan that isn't going to be loud.

53 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I always see you recommending the TXM / over the RMX without any good basis on why.

The RMX is a step up being slightly more efficient as opposed to TXM along with being quiet, fully modular and isn't that much cheaper than an RMX. Also the RMX line comes with a 10 year warrantly for usually about $10-15 dollars more than a TXM PSU.

Both are fine PSUs, but it depends what its used for, TXM for budget mid range builds and RMX for mid to high end as well as OC builds.

1 minute ago, Benkin said:

I always see you recommending the TXM / over the RMX without any good basis on why.

The RMX is a setup being slightly more efficient as opposed to TXM along with being quiet, fully modular and isn't that much cheaper than an RMX. Also the RMX line comes with a 10 year warrantly for usually about $10-15 dollars more than a TXM PSU.

Both are fine PSUs, but it depends what its used for, TXM for budget mid range builds and RMX for mid to high end as well as OC builds.

Thankyou for your input. I have nothing against that TMX series. Not that its a bad PSU but I would rather spend the extra money for something more premium and have peace of mind.

3 minutes ago, Ryzone said:

Thankyou for your input. I have nothing against that TMX series. Not that its a bad PSU but I would rather spend the extra money for something more premium and have peace of mind.

Then the RMX is your best bet.

4 minutes ago, Benkin said:

Then the RMX is your best bet.

Do you know if there are any difference's between the RMx and RMx (2018) version?

Nothing really, just a higher price tag on the 2018 model and voltage regulation being a bit better on the 2017 model.

26 minutes ago, Ryzone said:

Just get the P2. It's about the same performance but has higher efficiency.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

46 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Just get the P2. It's about the same performance but has higher efficiency.

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

TXm is not better than an RMx, it's decidedly worse. 

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

13 minutes ago, Ryzone said:

58 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

It's about the same performance but has higher efficiency.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

The TXM is not better than the RMx lmao. The RMx is literally the next PSU up the product stack at Corsair.

2 hours ago, Ryzone said:

Hey everyone, I'm a bit paranoid on which power supply to choose. I'm hoping you can help me out. Here is the build, everything has been bought except the PSU. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGVqbX

PSU's I've been looking at

EVGA Supernova 750 P2

Corsair RM750x (2018)

If you guys have better suggestions, please let me know.

Your system would run fine on a 550W unit even if you overclocked. Get something like a 550W RMx or P2.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The TXM is not better than the RMx lmao. The RMx is literally the next PSU up the product stack at Corsair.

Your system would run fine on a 550W unit even if you overclocked. Get something like a 550W RMx or P2.

I choose to go with the bigger PSU to have the option to SLI in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Ryzone said:

I choose to go with the bigger PSU to have the option to SLI in the future. 

Don't bother with SLI unless you really like wasting money.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Don't bother with SLI unless you really like wasting money.

I respect your opinion. It seems like its only a $10 dollar difference from the 650w to the 750w, so I'll just stick with the higher one.