Does anyone use a macro Key pad?

Macros?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use for your macros

• Usb macro key pad
    • Keyboard macros (auto hotkey, or logitech corsair... software)
    • other
    • I use a potato!

I am curios to know if anyone uses macro keypads, if the work well, and the downfalls of them.

And most importantly, why they like using them.

81Rk131WE6L._SY450_.jpg

I don't use them. But, I don't really do a whole lot of work on a computer that would require one. I think that the whole "oh, you need macros for gaming" thing is a huge stretch. Even in MMOs, you can just use the rest of the keyboard.

Really, the only person I've ever even heard of that uses a macro pad is Taran, but he does a lot of video editing where his workflow greatly benefits from having quick access to all sorts of functions.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I don't use one either. My last key board had macro keys, and after playing with them when I first got it, never used them. 

4 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I don't use one either. My last key board had macro keys, and after playing with them when I first got it, never used them. 

And aside from that, I feel like keyboard layers are a lot more useful, just because you don't have to move your hand all over the place to access the special functionality.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Though this potato doesn't seem to be working. Can't figure out why. I should ask Taran.

Image result for suspect nothing

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Don't really see the need, don't even end up binding my mouse's side buttons most of the time.

Hi, Todd Howard here. Have you considered buying Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch?

12 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Though this potato doesn't seem to be working. Can't figure out why. I should ask Taran.

Image result for suspect nothing

Oooo, Cuy

The recording functionality is nice, I just really wish it was better in corsair's software. I want more complicated things. just being able to do keys, and mouse movements isn't enough for me, I need like programming access. If, else. while()... stream decks are not any better either, the moving the hand is the worst! 

with that said, I am good with java so I can make a macro execute my code, but, still the reaching of the hand... You all have givin me some new Ideas :). At this point i would rather go with a potato than what is available, at least I could mash and eat it!