Unrecoverable freeze issue.

Howitz

Alright, i've been plagued by this for years.

Today, i was on my computer, with nothing open, on the desktop. I plugged my mouse in to charge it (it's a wireless mouse with usb to micro charge cable) and 1 second later, my whole pc froze. 

Basically i would see my desktop on the display, but i can't interact nor use keyboard commands like ctrl+alt+del. Everything is unresponsive. When i turn my monitor off and back on, i lose image, it turns all black. Nothing else can be done other than holding down power button.

It cannot be the gpu, i had an rx480 that i rma with xfx in case in was the culprit (i was sure it was) but now it happened again with another rx580 that they sent me to replace it. 

It's also worth noting that during the rma process (2-3 weeks) i was using no graphics card (intel hd530) and it never froze... so thats seems to be gpu related yet not caused by it...

I rma the rx480 because i couldnt see what else could cause the freezes, it would also happen in games where it froze and made a loud buzzing noise in my headphones...

I'll try changing my cmos battery soon because that's cheap... i also have another motherboard laying around if it comes to this...  i dont wanna dismantle my pc...

what if you use a different mouse? or it just randomly freezes?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

24 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

what if you use a different mouse? or it just randomly freezes?

Yeah i'll try that too... even if it's rather unlikely.. it's just my observation from that one time today it froze... 1 sec after plugging my mouse in while on desktop... other times it would freeze in different situations...