No Audio From Louis Rissmann's Videos...

SirTankBall

Please watch my video first.

im starting to think google and apple r shadow muting almost every apple repair video for me.

1. Right click on the speaker in taskbar:

image.png.ccad981f22dec9a6e7f42611a3e37583.png

2. Click on open mixer:

image.png.d959d76ec92ae9dbf3bfdf63bb148d79.png

3. Make sure it's not muted:

image.png.95967ca54ed94d90c98685d7426c64e4.png

Also make sure you running on stereo mode in Realtek.

Check if this video has sound:

Is it just his videos specifically, or all of YouTube?  Or all of Chrome?  Or all of Windows?  We need to start with that, and then go from there.  If it is just his videos specifically, I don't think I'll be able to offer an answer though.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Is it just his videos specifically, or all of YouTube?  Or all of Chrome?  Or all of Windows?  We need to start with that, and then go from there.  If it is just his videos specifically, I don't think I'll be able to offer an answer though.

its just his videos and his videos only. if u watched the video u would have known that... also i reinstalled chrome and that didnt work... also it only seems to happen on videos that talk about appl stuff. even then its hit and miss to. some with have sound and other wont. but was i download the videos the "dont" have sound, they will have sound of i play them on my PC and not chrome... again watch the video before commenting! 

reinstalling chrome didnt fix it. and its not my audio on my PC... 

Is the audio coming from HDMI ? If so, uninstall GPU drivers and reinstall them.(since they generally install HDMI audio drivers alongside)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

In recent events, Apple has copystriked all of Louis' videos. 

get rid of chrome B|

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

If this is the first time it happens then it might be something with chrome, try installing firefox or something and see if that helps.

To add to this, please link the video you're talking, that'll show us if it's only happening to you or to everyone

On 2018-07-03 at 6:39 PM, RorzNZ said:

In recent events, Apple has copystriked all of Louis' videos. 

idk if that's true or not but regardless it's not the cause of this issue since the videos do have sound, just not for OP, on his main rig.

On 2018-07-03 at 6:08 PM, SirTankBall said:

its just his videos and his videos only. if u watched the video u would have known that... also i reinstalled chrome and that didnt work... also it only seems to happen on videos that talk about appl stuff. even then its hit and miss to. some with have sound and other wont. but was i download the videos the "dont" have sound, they will have sound of i play them on my PC and not chrome... again watch the video before commenting! 

Sometimes videos are the best way to demonstrate an issue but in this case, making that video and having people watch it collectively wastes way more time and effort than writing and reading a short description of the problem would have.

My only guess is it has something to do with what @iamdarkyoshi said about mono - if you have a surround setup (or more importantly, if Windows thinks you do), it will send the mono audio to your (non-existent) centre channel, and thus you will hear nothing.  If it knows you only have stereo, it will send it to the left, or clone it or something (either way you'd at least hear something).  Speaking of watching videos, try the one posted above by @Rainbow Dash - it should tell you immediately if this is the case or not.  Alternatively, or perhaps in addition (since I was not able to verify that that video actually works as intended), try playing back the audio here: https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html

If you hear every channel, then we need to look elsewhere for the answer, but if you can't hear the guy read "front centre", then that is the problem.

Spoiler

image.png.73ca4ae52ad8e3b8480a72bd58daed20.png

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.