The Intel & AMD hybrid mini PC is on Indiegogo for crowdfunding

Hello ,

Anybody here heard of the this mini PC ?  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/higame-pc-mini-workstation-for-gamers-creators#/ 

If the fund raise reaches to $600,000, backers can get the I5 version with 8GB RAM+256GB SSD, and I7 version with 16GB RAM + 256GB. Sounds like the good time  to back the campaign.

It's kinda new to see a kaby-lake powered mini PC, they are doing this similar to the Intel Hades Canyon NUC, just they provide RAM, storage and OS as well. 

I'm still not sure about this yet, do you think this is a good deal ?

HiGame

I5 version

I7 version

CPU

8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8305G

8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8809G

GPU

Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics

Radeon™ RX Vega M GH Graphics

RAM

8GB DDR4,upgradable to 32GB

16GB DDR4,upgradable to 32GB

ROM

256GB M.2 SSD,upgradable

256GB M.2 SSD,upgradable

OS

Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Home

Pricing

$899 / $1,099

$899 / $1,099

Regards

13 minutes ago, Ivy** said:

I'm still not sure about this yet, do you think this is a good deal ?

I think it's slightly cheaper than Intel's own Hades Canton Nuc. Also you need to follow the posting guidelines 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

There's not much of a market for these at this price point, though. I mean, you pay for the form factor, but you get rather poor value. Even with a pretty tiny case like I selected below, and adding a $20 Windows 10 Pro key you get much more performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - H310I PRO Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Vulcan 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($80.98 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card  ($269.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake - Core X1 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $867.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-26 05:28 EDT-0400

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Why the hell is there an OS and is it not given as an option... the price goes up at least 50 bucks due to this wincrap... damn I just want a powerful linux box yet there is always that OS bundle...

Gaming Laptop :  MSI (worst brand ever in EU) GT70 0NC 48FR - I7 3610QM - 670M 3GB GDDR5 - 12GB 1600MHZ - raid0 2 x 64GB sandisk SSD - 750 Gb Hitachi 7200/min

Galaxy s3 GTI9300 international - Archidroid v2.5.3 (git) - 1600Mhz PegasuQ on ArchiKernel .

Tracking link to the kickstarter and "not sure about this yet, but do you think its a good deal" makes my cynical mind suspect marketing material...

Otherwise, a neat looking thing, i wonder if the company would be willing to disclose the price they got for those kblg, im very interested. And cooling seems kinda iffy, with it being close to 2x volume of the nuc they might as well gone aio, then it would be a go-to choice for mobile gaming rig/portable workstation. As is - i honestly doubt its performance would be that much, if any, better then nucs with the price being more or less the same, considering nucs have slightly better cpus.

The thread was moved out of Tech News, not sure why it was posted there.

The shortened link was removed. Please use the direct link, not shortened or referral links.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 2018/6/26 at 5:27 PM, captain_to_fire said:

I think it's slightly cheaper than Intel's own Hades Canton Nuc. Also you need to follow the posting guidelines 

Hi, sorry for late reply, busy at work. 

Thanks for your opinion, and yes, I will pay more attention to the posting guidenlines. 

On 2018/6/26 at 5:43 PM, hobobobo said:

Tracking link to the kickstarter and "not sure about this yet, but do you think its a good deal" makes my cynical mind suspect marketing material...

Otherwise, a neat looking thing, i wonder if the company would be willing to disclose the price they got for those kblg, im very interested. And cooling seems kinda iffy, with it being close to 2x volume of the nuc they might as well gone aio, then it would be a go-to choice for mobile gaming rig/portable workstation. As is - i honestly doubt its performance would be that much, if any, better then nucs with the price being more or less the same, considering nucs have slightly better cpus.

Hi, thanks for answering on my post .  Appreciate your suggestion. 

On 2018/6/26 at 6:08 PM, wkdpaul said:

The thread was moved out of Tech News, not sure why it was posted there.

The shortened link was removed. Please use the direct link, not shortened or referral links.

Hi moderator, can you tell me where do you have removed my post to ? 

On 2018/6/26 at 5:34 PM, kuzko said:

Why the hell is there an OS and is it not given as an option... the price goes up at least 50 bucks due to this wincrap... damn I just want a powerful linux box yet there is always that OS bundle...

Haha, if you don't want a OS bundle, then maybe not for you.  

But I think they are  adding the bundles to make it more competitive to the Intel NUC, that's probably why this device concept came from . 

On 2018/6/26 at 5:28 PM, NelizMastr said:

There's not much of a market for these at this price point, though. I mean, you pay for the form factor, but you get rather poor value. Even with a pretty tiny case like I selected below, and adding a $20 Windows 10 Pro key you get much more performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - H310I PRO Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Vulcan 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($80.98 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card  ($269.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake - Core X1 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $867.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-26 05:28 EDT-0400

Hi, thanks for the details.  You really like to build your own PC, right ?