possible bottleneck? :(

so if i do something like for example mine bitcoin with my pc using my cpu on some miners which causes my cpu to bring to 99%, it will work fine, and adventualy sometimes b ut not always everything freezes, not in programs freeze, thwe screen stops in time, and you cant do anything, and the power button does nothing, i have to press my reset button for instant resetting.. the pc was built about 2 months ago, i noticed this probably like almost a month ago or so.. not sure exactly.. heres my specs, to lazy to type it all since its 4 AM.. if you need anything else please tell me

worried its a bottle neck that i cant afford to fix :(

CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X

Motherboard: Asus prime B350 plus

ram: 16GB 2X8GB G.skill trident Z RGB DDR4

gpu: gigabyte gtx 1050 2GB

hard drive: 250GB PNY SSD and 4TB Seagate ironwolf HDD

power supply: 750W RGB thermaltake

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Yes. The 1050 isn't powerful enough. A 1060 6GB will be a nice balance, but to max out the Ryzen 7, a 1070Ti or better will be great.

What speed is the ram?

I'm guessing the power supply is a Thermaltake Smart series one?

hi.

Just now, AskTJ said:

Yes. The 1050 isn't powerful enough. A 1060 6GB will be a nice balance, but to max out the Ryzen 7, a 1070Ti or better will be great.

why would the 1050 have anything to do with this? the issue is when the cpu is brought to 100% the issue starts.. the gpu has nothing with this issue, im just stating it since its part of the specs.. i turned on my miner, and i see while using cpu its defidently using a few GB of ram.. not sure if that would mean the ram is causing it to freeze not the cpu

i get no post errors or boot screen errors when starting up after restart either

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

4 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

What speed is the ram?

I'm guessing the power supply is a Thermaltake Smart series one?

im not sure what the speed is.. i forgot :I

yes i believe the power supply is

i was mining as typing this, and the pc just froze again.. the cpu was at like 92% adn the ram was at like 80%.. now im getting worried there is a bottleneck

i might as well add, every time i start the pc since i built it, when it boots, it flashes sometimes with random lines of white and its always diffrent before  showing asus and starting normaly... i dont know why.. again possible bottleneck :(

also if it matters but probably doesnt, if i unplug the pc causing all lights to turn off and it loose full powetr then i start it up, it turns on with black screen, then shuts off 4 secconds later for 5-8 secconds, then starts normaly.. its done this since i built it, i figured it was because it just lost full power and so it re checks all the fans and leds e.t.c

a bottleneck doesn't cause freezing. why are you mining on the cpu?

20 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

. the cpu was at like 92% adn the ram was at like 80%.. now im getting worried there is a bottleneck

i might as well add, every time i start the pc since i built it, when it boots, it flashes sometimes with random lines of white and its always diffrent before  showing asus and starting normaly... i dont know why.. again possible bottleneck :(

also if it matters but probably doesnt, if i unplug the pc causing all lights to turn off and it loose full powetr then i start it up, it turns on with black screen, then shuts off 4 secconds later for 5-8 secconds, then starts normaly.. its done this since i built it, i figured it was because it just lost full power and so it re checks all the fans and leds e.t.c

I don't think you understand what the word bottleneck means in this context. It means some part is limiting the potential performance of another part. Freezing isn't a bottlenecking symptom but frankly a hardware or software failure. Make sure all drivers are up to date (especially chipset drivers) and run memtest overnight for good measure to rule out RAM problems. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I was going to say "WTH are you using integrated graphics to mine for?" Then I remember AMD doesn't have it on most Ryzens.

Still, that is not what bottleneck means. Tbh, you probably plugged something in somewhere wrong. Also that 1050 is a bottleneck for your CPU. You need something like a 1080 and 6 or more of them to ever make a big profit. and that takes time.

If you try playing games, that Lil ole 1050 can't do crap with a 1800X.

CPU i7-7700k 5.5GHz Delidded GPU MSI 1060 6GB ARMOR OCV1 +335/+1000 RAM 16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengeance WLED 2400/3000 C14 COOLER Corsair H100i v1 BOARD MSI Z270 SLI SSD Samsung 960 Evo 250G, x3 2T Samsung 860 Evo HDD WDB 4T, WDB 1T PSU EVGA 650GQ80+M CASE Cougar PanzerS                                                                           

CPU i7-10700k GPU MSI RTX 2080 Duke POS RAM 32GB 2x16 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200/3600 CL14 COOLER CM MasterLiquid ML360R RGB Push/Pull BOARD MSI MEG Z490 Ace SSD 980 Pro 500G, 860 Evo 1T PSU EVGA 1000P2 CASE Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG Black

CPU Pentium G4600 GPU MSI GTX 1080 Armor OCV1 +100/+400 RAM 8GB 2x4 G.SKILL Aegis 2133/3000 CL16 COOLER Corsair H100i v1 BOARD MSI H110M Pro-VD-Plus SSD 860 Evo 1T HDD WDB 500G, WDB 1T PSU EVGA 430W Bronze CASE Deepcool Tesseract/ VIVO

SERVERS i5-3470, i5-3470, i5-4590 GPUS MSI 750Ti 4GB, BFG GTS 250 1GB, GTX 690 RAMS 3x 16GB 2x8 1866 C8 PSUS 2x EVGA 1000T2 COOLERS Stock, Stock, Custom Loop BOARDS Intel, Intel, EVGA Classified SSD x3 860 250G HDDS I don't care to list CASES Optiplex, Optiplex, 2000s Water Case

560HP/607TQ E85 198MPH2000 Audi S4 2.7Bi-Turbo with K04/RS6 Inlets SRM -  DAZ Tune - 2.8L N/A DOHC Heads  -APB Block - Mahle Pistions - JHM Racing H-beam Rods - TheTuner Manifolds - 3.5in to 3in Exhaust with Magnaflow Dual Box - Dual Titanium Exhaust Tips - SAI CNC Delete - S4 Modified Airbox - 85MM Maf- RS4 Intake Manifold p&p RS4 Y-pipe - RS4 Bi-pipes - RS4 Fuel Rail - A8 TTB - Billet Divertervalves - Silicone Hose Everything - SRMv4 Intercoolers - Clutch Fan Delete/Block off - Power Steering Light Pully - FluidAmper - Billet Cam gears - V8 Cam Bolts - ABS Relocate - VW Diesel Oil Pump

lol Responses.

You can't get my tone, but this got read as being rude to me reading it back,.. I could reword it,.. but it gets the point across,.

Enabling your CPU to hit 100% with Mining is WHATS CAUSING THE FREEZING

Go load up any major CPU stresstest (100%) and it will do the same. Loading the PC with THOUSANDS of transactions in Realtime...

Your loading up CPU/Memory, and then wanting to do OTHER stuff while its churning huge amounts of data back n forth (tapped out also prior to doing anything)

So yes... of course its going to do that.

Limit your Miner to using ALL but 1-2 Cores,.. so there is BREATHING room for Windows to be used normally without those major freezings.

As per your startup COLORS... thats likely GPU Memory errors. (Reduce VRAM clocks if Overclocked)
Seek RMA on GPU if its stock clocked as its faulty.

Also... Bottlenecks exist in ALL systems,..varies on parts used and where the weaknesses are.
The Bneck in your machine for gaming is the GPU. It's weaker than what the CPU can produce (FPS wise)
AKA, GPU may tap out in games 50-70fps but the CPU can drive way more than that (if you had a better GPU)

Find out why your GPU is producing colors on boot.
Stop expecting Windows to be FLUENTLY fast while your using the machine Mining 100%.

Limit your CPU usage via Taskmanagers CPU affinity (Google that) on Selected Programs (Mining Apps) so Windows can remain snappy with spare CPU cycles to use.

If your CPU is sitting pretty at 80-90% usage, and those hardlock freezes happen,.. then I would investigate your Overclock if any, if not, Revert Mobo to defaults & reset that up trying to rule that out,...before Testing/RMA'ing the PSU. #EvenifNewCanbeFaulty

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

7 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

a bottleneck doesn't cause freezing. why are you mining on the cpu?

i can use a GPU miner and have one, but it seems to be slow ish, i use https://getcryptotab.com/521408 since its a chrome extension its nice, i just sent 0.00002828 bitcoin to my wallet to test and it worked its all legit.. it uses cpu instead of gpu, but i dont care much

only reason is theres no stupid pools and programs just simple mine and send it to your wallet

7 hours ago, Crazycatman said:

I was going to say "WTH are you using integrated graphics to mine for?" Then I remember AMD doesn't have it on most Ryzens.

Still, that is not what bottleneck means. Tbh, you probably plugged something in somewhere wrong. Also that 1050 is a bottleneck for your CPU. You need something like a 1080 and 6 or more of them to ever make a big profit. and that takes time.

If you try playing games, that Lil ole 1050 can't do crap with a 1800X.

actualy my 1050 does very well.. but im not a millionaire so i cant afford a 1080 rn.. the 1050 does work for the games i throw at it tho

6 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

lol Responses.

You can't get my tone, but this got read as being rude to me reading it back,.. I could reword it,.. but it gets the point across,.

Enabling your CPU to hit 100% with Mining is WHATS CAUSING THE FREEZING

Go load up any major CPU stresstest (100%) and it will do the same. Loading the PC with THOUSANDS of transactions in Realtime...

Your loading up CPU/Memory, and then wanting to do OTHER stuff while its churning huge amounts of data back n forth (tapped out also prior to doing anything)

So yes... of course its going to do that.

Limit your Miner to using ALL but 1-2 Cores,.. so there is BREATHING room for Windows to be used normally without those major freezings.

As per your startup COLORS... thats likely GPU Memory errors. (Reduce VRAM clocks if Overclocked)
Seek RMA on GPU if its stock clocked as its faulty.

Also... Bottlenecks exist in ALL systems,..varies on parts used and where the weaknesses are.
The Bneck in your machine for gaming is the GPU. It's weaker than what the CPU can produce (FPS wise)
AKA, GPU may tap out in games 50-70fps but the CPU can drive way more than that (if you had a better GPU)

Find out why your GPU is producing colors on boot.
Stop expecting Windows to be FLUENTLY fast while your using the machine Mining 100%.

Limit your CPU usage via Taskmanagers CPU affinity (Google that) on Selected Programs (Mining Apps) so Windows can remain snappy with spare CPU cycles to use.

If your CPU is sitting pretty at 80-90% usage, and those hardlock freezes happen,.. then I would investigate your Overclock if any, if not, Revert Mobo to defaults & reset that up trying to rule that out,...before Testing/RMA'ing the PSU. #EvenifNewCanbeFaulty

i dont ovierclock at all, all of the pc is new i didnt use a single used part.. as for the lines/colors i dont care, but if i could get rid of it i would.. if i open the game the program purposely slows down to allow the program to work better then the mineing

i get 60 FPS on basicly all games with max settings.. and some games which allow it to go higher it goes higher

such as i tested games like fortnite because i know it allows higher, and it can run at 90 sometimes more on epic settings, sometimes in the menu i get 750 FPS

So i guess when i mine, ill just mine to the point where my cpu sits at 95% if im not using it, not 99% for it to lock up

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

So i guess when i mine, ill just mine to the point where my cpu sits at 95% if im not using it, not 99% for it to lock up

just seems weird since i mined with my old prebuilt pc and it never locked up

40 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i can use a GPU miner and have one, but it seems to be slow ish, i use https://getcryptotab.com/521408 since its a chrome extension its nice, i just sent 0.00002828 bitcoin to my wallet to test and it worked its all legit.. it uses cpu instead of gpu, but i dont care much

only reason is theres no stupid pools and programs just simple mine and send it to your wallet

and then it's a nightmare to turn that magic money from your ''wallet'' into real money into your real wallet so that you can actually spend it :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

update, my pc locked at 93%..... wha ti shappening

18 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

update, my pc locked at 93%..... wha ti shappening

What are your temperatures like when it is stressed?

What is the cooling solution for the CPU?

27 minutes ago, MRZL1 said:

What are your temperatures like when it is stressed?

What is the cooling solution for the CPU?

my cpu runs with a be quiet heatsync, my cpu has been jumping anywhere from 58-66% cpu cus i lowered the mineing so its slower, its been like that fo r awhile and its running at 160F

my gpu has been at 1-2% (normal idle) the entire times ince im not using it for mineing

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

my cpu runs with a be quiet heatsync, my cpu has been jumping anywhere from 58-66% cpu cus i lowered the mineing so its slower, its been like that fo r awhile and its running at 160F

my gpu has been at 1-2% (normal idle) the entire times ince im not using it for mineing

Since you lowered the mining, is it still hanging/freezing like at first?

Also, what speed is your RAM currently set to?

1 hour ago, MRZL1 said:

i dont overt clock at all.. the speed of my ram is 3000MHz

no, my cpu is still at arround the same percentage, and it hasnt locked once.. its only when it sits at like 85-99% for a long time when mining it locks up, and even the power button does nothing sometimes i have to reset it

2 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

update, the pc just locked up at the same lower percentage

2 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

update, the pc just locked up at the same lower percentage

Have you stressed the CPU using another piece of software to see if it locks up?

Does it only happen when using the mining software?

13 minutes ago, MRZL1 said:

Have you stressed the CPU using another piece of software to see if it locks up?

Does it only happen when using the mining software?

the only other time it happens is if i go on scummy sites that try to lag your pc for nothing, or use your pc to mine.. i have a site miner blocker but before i had it a few scummy sites used it to mine and it would lock up since it forced it to 100%.. if i do a test to see how well the pc runs in stuff like cinebench it didnt lock up

7 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

the only other time it happens is if i go on scummy sites that try to lag your pc for nothing, or use your pc to mine.. i have a site miner blocker but before i had it a few scummy sites used it to mine and it would lock up since it forced it to 100%.. if i do a test to see how well the pc runs in stuff like cinebench it didnt lock up

This is perhaps the most detrimental one but have you restored your OS hard drive from a last good known backup or recently did a clean install (Format the hard drive and install windows using the USB/CD and not a backup)?

If the clean install does not solve your problems following the windows install/required updates, it is most likely a direct result of the prolonged mining that has begun to degrade the hardware itself.

5 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

This is perhaps the most detrimental one but have you restored your OS hard drive from a last good known backup or recently did a clean install (Format the hard drive and install windows using the USB/CD and not a backup)?

If the clean install does not solve your problems following the windows install/required updates, it is most likely a direct result of the prolonged mining that has begun to degrade the hardware itself.

the pc was built about 2 months ago if not less... nothing degraded and i dont do prolonged mining as this pc is brand new so i dont want to degrade the hardware.. also due to it being new the OS is clean

The 250gb PNY SSD, I’m assuming that’s the OS/Games drive, what % of the total capacity is being used?