possible bottleneck? :(

5 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

The 250gb PNY SSD, I’m assuming that’s the OS/Games drive, what % of the total capacity is being used?

thats the OS and a few files drive.. documents, downloads, pictures, video, e.t.c including games are on my 4TB drive... im using 96GB of the SSD, and theres 127GB free, im using 1754GB of the 4TB drive with 1972GB left, as theres about 1.4TB of files from ym old Pc and old external drives on it

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

6 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

thats the OS and a few files drive.. documents, downloads, pictures, video, e.t.c including games are on my 4TB drive... im using 96GB of the SSD, and theres 127GB free, im using 1754GB of the 4TB drive with 1972GB left, as theres about 1.4TB of files from ym old Pc and old external drives on it

I experienced something similar to the "hanging/freezing" you're going thru. It would only occur when I would first boot the PC as it was loading drivers/software. Other than that, it would never occur again even when the CPU was pegged at 100%. Between monitoring software/individual hardware component swaps... I eventually narrowed it down to the integrated creative labs chip software for the mobo. Some software, regardless of PC components, will just run like complete garbage if it's poorly coded. I would consider looking at other software alternatives if you dont want to abandon mining on a CPU. You're probably better off setting the CPU for Folding@home to get FoldingCoin (Counterparty Wallet FYI) and you get awarded a small chunk of BTC along with FoldingCoin in proportion to your contribution power. You can even fold for the LTT team, its up to you. I wouldnt keep mining with the software youre using. It's the only constant out of all the variables youve mentioned.

11 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

I experienced something similar to the "hanging/freezing" you're going thru. It would only occur when I would first boot the PC as it was loading drivers/software. Other than that, it would never occur again even when the CPU was pegged at 100%. Between monitoring software/individual hardware component swaps... I eventually narrowed it down to the integrated creative labs chip software for the mobo. Some software, regardless of PC components, will just run like complete garbage if it's poorly coded. I would consider looking at other software alternatives if you dont want to abandon mining on a CPU. You're probably better off setting the CPU for Folding@home to get FoldingCoin (Counterparty Wallet FYI) and you get awarded a small chunk of BTC along with FoldingCoin in proportion to your contribution power. You can even fold for the LTT team, its up to you. I wouldnt keep mining with the software youre using. It's the only constant out of all the variables youve mentioned.

im not mining with this computer to make hundreds of dollars, im just doing it for fun to see how much bitcoin i can get, so far i have 0.00002828 bitcoin (17 cents) id i had to go gpu mining instead thats not the end of the world, i just dont know of any easy programs to do that with.. the plus with the cpu miner i use now, is i got a bonus so i can get my bitcoin sent to my BRD Bread wallet at 0.00001 bitcoin, so i did that with my 0.00002828.. where as normaly without that bonus and probably with many other companies its well over 0.000 

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

1 minute ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

im not mining with this computer to make hundreds of dollars, im just doing it for fun to see how much bitcoin i can get, so far i have 0.00002828 bitcoin (17 cents) id i had to go gpu mining instead thats not the end of the world, i just dont know of any easy programs to do that with.. the plus with the cpu miner i use now, is i got a bonus so i can get my bitcoin sent to my BRD Bread wallet at 0.00001 bitcoin, so i did that with my 0.00002828.. where as normaly without that bonus and probably with many other companies its well over 0.000 

i was looking into Ethereum as well if you know any ways to mine that easly with a low export limit

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

A 1080 cost less than a grand, you don't need to be a millionaire to buy one.

Um, you quoted yourself there.  So, you were responding to yourself.

As mentioned when you do high-stress workloads, like mining or benching, of course, you're going to run into problems while also trying to play modern titles, especially any taxing ones.  Don't mine or fold while you game, problem solved.

who the hell said i was mining and playing games together?

13 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, you said bottleneck so that was my usual assumption since I didn't read every little thing.  Reading further, that's not how a bottleneck works, as mentioned.  And, when you stress the hell out of a CPU your system becomes sluggish.  That's normal.

^I guess I should have just agreed with this.

ok you need to go read everything or just dont reply anymore please.. you dont seem to know anything of my issue.. my pc isnt becomign slow because the cpu si stressed... when i use a cpu miner with nothing else but chrome open, the pc locks up sometimes, as well as some scammy sites that try to mine bitcoin with ur pc sometimes lock it up.. im not playing games along with it, and its not becoming slow due to stressing it..

50 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Using Folding@home to earn FoldingCoin Within the past 5 months (on and off because the PC isn’t on 24/7 100%) I’m at about .0002715 BTC and 4500ish FoldingCoin. This was with a 2600k and GTX980. I guess the point I’m trying to get across is that for a fun factor you can dive into Folding and unlike traditional crypto mining, your work could help contribute to the next whitepaper published on a major disease and you get more than 1 currency to trade, like you said, not to get “rich” quick but to have fun and see what other alternatives you can come up with as result of being able to trade. I’m not trying to sell you this but it seems like you’re trying to make it work with the software you’re utilizing to mine bitcoin that is contributing to the lockups and it may very well be the software is poorly coded and runs better on other systems (your prebuilt vs custom example).  I just don’t like seeing others struggling to find the cat’s 5th leg when there are other options out there.

14 minutes ago, MRZL1 said:

Using Folding@home to earn FoldingCoin Within the past 5 months (on and off because the PC isn’t on 24/7 100%) I’m at about .0002715 BTC and 4500ish FoldingCoin. This was with a 2600k and GTX980. I guess the point I’m trying to get across is that for a fun factor you can dive into Folding and unlike traditional crypto mining, your work could help contribute to the next whitepaper published on a major disease and you get more than 1 currency to trade, like you said, not to get “rich” quick but to have fun and see what other alternatives you can come up with as result of being able to trade. I’m not trying to sell you this but it seems like you’re trying to make it work with the software you’re utilizing to mine bitcoin that is contributing to the lockups and it may very well be the software is poorly coded and runs better on other systems (your prebuilt vs custom example).  I just don’t like seeing others struggling to find the cat’s 5th leg when there are other options out there.

who said my pc is prebuilt? i have a ryzen 7 1800X and a gtx 1050 2GB high clock speed i built the pc 2 months ago.. i never said it was a low end prebuilt

and my pc is a better system xD

h ow would i go about mining foldingcoin? im on foldingcoin.net

6 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

who said my pc is prebuilt? i have a ryzen 7 1800X and a gtx 1050 2GB high clock speed i built the pc 2 months ago.. i never said it was a low end prebuilt

turns out BRD wallet doesnt support foldingcoin, so i cant mien that... how could i mine Ethereum?

1 hour ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

2600k and 980 outperform your system, "although, if you have the 980 and not the 1050,  it will beat him then." Because he has a way better GPU he will always have a better graphical intense game play with higher FPS, and better mining. Although if someone doesn't have that good of CPU... blah blah you know what mean.

But yeah, you do have a better system cause of updates, support, ddr4, and the vast majority of GPUs to choose to upgrade too.

CPU i7-7700k 5.5GHz Delidded GPU MSI 1060 6GB ARMOR OCV1 +335/+1000 RAM 16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengeance WLED 2400/3000 C14 COOLER Corsair H100i v1 BOARD MSI Z270 SLI SSD Samsung 960 Evo 250G, x3 2T Samsung 860 Evo HDD WDB 4T, WDB 1T PSU EVGA 650GQ80+M CASE Cougar PanzerS                                                                           

CPU i7-10700k GPU MSI RTX 2080 Duke POS RAM 32GB 2x16 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200/3600 CL14 COOLER CM MasterLiquid ML360R RGB Push/Pull BOARD MSI MEG Z490 Ace SSD 980 Pro 500G, 860 Evo 1T PSU EVGA 1000P2 CASE Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG Black

CPU Pentium G4600 GPU MSI GTX 1080 Armor OCV1 +100/+400 RAM 8GB 2x4 G.SKILL Aegis 2133/3000 CL16 COOLER Corsair H100i v1 BOARD MSI H110M Pro-VD-Plus SSD 860 Evo 1T HDD WDB 500G, WDB 1T PSU EVGA 430W Bronze CASE Deepcool Tesseract/ VIVO

SERVERS i5-3470, i5-3470, i5-4590 GPUS MSI 750Ti 4GB, BFG GTS 250 1GB, GTX 690 RAMS 3x 16GB 2x8 1866 C8 PSUS 2x EVGA 1000T2 COOLERS Stock, Stock, Custom Loop BOARDS Intel, Intel, EVGA Classified SSD x3 860 250G HDDS I don't care to list CASES Optiplex, Optiplex, 2000s Water Case

560HP/607TQ E85 198MPH2000 Audi S4 2.7Bi-Turbo with K04/RS6 Inlets SRM -  DAZ Tune - 2.8L N/A DOHC Heads  -APB Block - Mahle Pistions - JHM Racing H-beam Rods - TheTuner Manifolds - 3.5in to 3in Exhaust with Magnaflow Dual Box - Dual Titanium Exhaust Tips - SAI CNC Delete - S4 Modified Airbox - 85MM Maf- RS4 Intake Manifold p&p RS4 Y-pipe - RS4 Bi-pipes - RS4 Fuel Rail - A8 TTB - Billet Divertervalves - Silicone Hose Everything - SRMv4 Intercoolers - Clutch Fan Delete/Block off - Power Steering Light Pully - FluidAmper - Billet Cam gears - V8 Cam Bolts - ABS Relocate - VW Diesel Oil Pump

5 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

You had mentioned before you tried the same steps on an older prebuilt system and didnt experience these issues. Sorry if I misunderstood. FYI since the folding rewards are all sent to the counterparty wallet, you would have to transfer the funds from BRD -> Counterparty if you want to trade/dabble on counterparty

To condense it as much as possible:

You will obviously need the Folding client which can be found here: https://foldingathome.org/

1) You can download the FoldingBrowser from the FoldingCoin site and follow all the steps listed on the tutorial guide on their website. Keep in mind, you will automatically be set up to fold for the Curecoin team and also be set up with a Curecoin wallet address and respective client if you follow this route since the browser pretty much automates the entire installation process of what you would need. The browser is considered bloatware by many but for someone who isnt comfortable installing/working their way around a PC, it is a good approach to set them up with the "merge folding" should they follow the right steps explained in the tutorial.

2) You can do it manually as well, although it will take more time but all in all you will need the following:

- Folding@home client installed

- Folding@home username setup with the counterparty wallet address into the username. If you are unsure of how this accomplished, it is mentioned in their tutorial guides on the foldingcoin site.

- Folding@home passkey to get those QRB points

- Counterparty wallet

I won't elaborate too much since this has nothing to do with the topic on this thread. Feel free to PM me if you want to dive down this rabbit hole.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:34 PM, MRZL1 said:

You had mentioned before you tried the same steps on an older prebuilt system and didnt experience these issues. Sorry if I misunderstood. FYI since the folding rewards are all sent to the counterparty wallet, you would have to transfer the funds from BRD -> Counterparty if you want to trade/dabble on counterparty

To condense it as much as possible:

You will obviously need the Folding client which can be found here: https://foldingathome.org/

1) You can download the FoldingBrowser from the FoldingCoin site and follow all the steps listed on the tutorial guide on their website. Keep in mind, you will automatically be set up to fold for the Curecoin team and also be set up with a Curecoin wallet address and respective client if you follow this route since the browser pretty much automates the entire installation process of what you would need. The browser is considered bloatware by many but for someone who isnt comfortable installing/working their way around a PC, it is a good approach to set them up with the "merge folding" should they follow the right steps explained in the tutorial.

2) You can do it manually as well, although it will take more time but all in all you will need the following:

- Folding@home client installed

- Folding@home username setup with the counterparty wallet address into the username. If you are unsure of how this accomplished, it is mentioned in their tutorial guides on the foldingcoin site.

- Folding@home passkey to get those QRB points

- Counterparty wallet

I won't elaborate too much since this has nothing to do with the topic on this thread. Feel free to PM me if you want to dive down this rabbit hole.

ah yes, the pc i had before this was a prebuilt pc with an I5-4440.. and it never locked up from the cpu being at 99%..

i dont want to have multiple wallets, i only want BRD because its simple on my phone and i dont have to deal with it, just log in with my fingerprint and my bitcoins there

how can i mine anything such as bitcoin, (preferbly something else since bitcoin would be the hardest) ethereum, e.t.c? something not super popular but not so unknown 1 of the coins are worth 2 cents

19 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

ah yes, the pc i had before this was a prebuilt pc with an I5-4440.. and it never locked up from the cpu being at 99%..

i dont want to have multiple wallets, i only want BRD because its simple on my phone and i dont have to deal with it, just log in with my fingerprint and my bitcoins there

how can i mine anything such as bitcoin, (preferbly something else since bitcoin would be the hardest) ethereum, e.t.c? something not super popular but not so unknown 1 of the coins are worth 2 cents

Nicehash is a good alternative if you dont want to do the guesswork on which coin to focus on. It will automatically mine what is most profitable based what specific hardware you have. The payout is always in bitcoin and you can even use an external wallet but I believe the payout threshold required when using an external wallet is higher when compared to their internal wallet.

35 minutes ago, MRZL1 said:

Nicehash is a good alternative if you dont want to do the guesswork on which coin to focus on. It will automatically mine what is most profitable based what specific hardware you have. The payout is always in bitcoin and you can even use an external wallet but I believe the payout threshold required when using an external wallet is higher when compared to their internal wallet.

yeah i looked into nicehash but my prebuilt pc didnt have a decicated GPU so i never went further into it