GTA V or Just Cause 3 + Batman Arkham?

peibolrz

last time i played JC3 it didn't ran so well. that said if you like blowing stuff up it's a game for that 

GTA V.

GTA V > just cause 3, but never played the batman game

just cause 3 is very repetitive and has a lot of open empty world, i didnt enjoy it much and i was a huge fan of jc2

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Just Cause 3 seems a decent game, I'm yet to experience it but certainly  seems fun and playable however batman on the other hand is not appealing at all... feels like those old games where all you do is go inside a car that throws rockets from one place to the other.

I'd vote for GTA V as well because at least its driving mechanics are really good and fun, city racing is the best there, funnier than most actual racing games.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

GTA:V for content. 

JC3 for explosion and fking jet wingsuit

Batman for 1 button gameplay.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

gta. liked both gta and just cause 2/3, but gta v has 840 hours for me and just cause 2+3 only 140 hours. gta has a lot more to offer online then those other games combined

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

19 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

GTA:V for content. 

Batman for 1 button gameplay.

I use the Just Cause 3 mod for GTA V. Best of both worlds!

1 hour ago, Densetsu said:

I use the Just Cause 3 mod for GTA V. Best of both worlds!

The mod feel really meh compare to JC3 tbh. I rather play Man of Steel mod or SonGoku mod. :P

Wingsuit/Parachute mechanic in JC3 feel really fluid and with the grappling hook can you can really feel the momentum and the wind breeze. I don't think any other game can give you similar experience. I heard they improve that aspect in upcoming JC4, can't wait to try it out though i feel like they should make it an expansion to JC3 instead of calling it JC4.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I rather play Man of Steel mod or SonGoku mod. :P

YES! So many hours destroying with those mods lol

GTA V. And get JC2 for cheap and mod it, JC3 isn't much of an upgrade IMO.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:13 AM, xAcid9 said:

To get the powered wingsuit you will need either the Sky Fortress DLC or the Air, Land, & Sea DLC pack (which includes the Sky Fortress + other DLC).

Just Cause 3 is really just flying around an island and blowing the same things up. Billboard, statue, speakers, etc. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
It's fun, but there's not a lot to do in it other than that. Even compared to GTA V the shooting in it is pretty weak and the driving is atrocious - better to just grapple/wingsuit where ever you want to go.

But, on the summer sale you can get the Just Cause 3 XL pack, which is Just Cause 3 + Air, Land, & Sea DLC pack for $6.75 USD (85% discount). For that price, it's definitely worth it.

Also, which Batman Arkham game? There's a few of them. Arkham Knight, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkhram Origins, Arkham Origins Blackgate, Arkham VR,
The games are really good if you enjoy the lore of the Batman universe. If you haven't played any, then the first one Arkham Asylum is probably the best place to start. Batman Arkham City was the next one and it opened it up to the whole city which made it less linear and more open, and was quite fun getting around the city with the grapple and glide mechanic.
I own the other ones but I haven't got around to playing them yet. I remember one of them was made by a different developer in between the other games and was apparently a bit rubbish. I think it was Arkham Origins but don't quote me on that. The games made by RockSteady are the good ones (Asylum, City, Knight), and they are also the ones that have the proper voice actors, including Mark Hamill as the Joker (He's done most of the Joker voice acting in the animated TV series and animated movies since the 90s).

They're currently USD$5 each on the steam store with the summer sale (75% off), and both City and Asylum have demo versions on the store you can try for free. If you're a fan of Batman then it's definitely worth it, even just for the story and lore alone.

As for GTA V, well, you should pretty much know what to expect from it. It's GTA V.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

My vote would be GTA V. A fantastic (and long) single player story, there is an online component, but I would highly recommend the FiveM modding community, some of the stuff they've managed is amazing. I joined a server called I Luv LC and within about 2 mins of loading, I was in GTA IV's liberty City I was blown away by how well it works.

Another one is called Transport Tycoon which is a non-rp server with jobs and custom vehicles.

Another was a drift racing server with custom tracks and things.

As someone who has played hundreds of hours of GTA Online it was really nice to see that there was other ways to play and enjoy the game :D

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3