[Complete] American Patriot (Thermaltake Matrix VD2000 Build and Mod)

LaMokona

Update:

The build is complete.

Update #1

The full album can be found here:

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10200125/

So a friend of mine has upgraded his case and brought me his old case, a Thermaltake Matrix VD2000.
CA-VD2000B_LG.gif

Cable management will be the hard part in this one. I'm sure something can be done though.

I will be making this case Red White and Blue. Just started taking the case apart and cleaning it. Wasn't able to get a pic of it dusty, but it was prett bad.

dsc01323fq.jpg

I'll try to bring updates as frequently as possible. Paints will be bought tomorrow. This won't feature high end components as I don't have that kind of budget, but I'll try to make it look as kick-ass as possible.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom 1090T Six Core
MB: ASUS M5A99X EVO
RAM: 2x4GB Mushkin RedLine DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: EVGA GT 240
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
HDD: 500gb Western Digital Caviar Black

Wasn't sure where to put this topic since it's going to be both a mod and a build. Decided here would probably be best.
There isn't much done right now, but there will be more ;)
Thank you for stopping by and hope you stick around.

Build Logs          

Little Red Build Log (HAF XB)            Project Tomb Raider (HAF 912 Mod)

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

If you manage to turn that into not an eyesore I will vote you for president of the internet :D

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If you manage to turn that into not an eyesore I will vote you for president of the internet :D

Agreed! Make it Matrix themed!

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Can't promise it won't be an eyesore. Guess that will depend on the person :p

Got some stuff done yesterday.

Taking the case apart.

dsc01350h.jpg

Most of it taken apart.

dsc01354t.jpg

And finished painting the front grills.

dsc01358zy.jpg

dsc01359ju.jpg

More to come soon.

Build Logs          

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

Mate do you even lift :3

As of last week, yes :p

haha gold man, gold. But coming along nicely man. Do you do much prep work before you painted those slots and grills? cos it looks really smooth and also no blotchy paint in the perforation too...well done :)

Thank you, I do basic prep work like sanding/wet-sanding and priming. 

Build Logs          

Progressing slowly on this one. 

Front panel is finished. (Mostly)

dsc01367rw.jpg

dsc01368j.jpg

Took off the bottom piece that had the Thermaltake logo and cut out a new one. Also decided to leave the power and reset button alone.

Motherboard tray and back panel. 

dsc01366c.jpg

dsc01365my.jpg

Working on side panels right now. Will have more updates later today or tomorrow.

Build Logs          

Time to start putting this together.

Found some white rivets at Home Depot, was so happy.

dsc01381t.jpg

Several rivets later, the case was put together.

dsc01385qk.jpg

And finally, most of the case assembled. Still working on side panels.

dsc01389rw.jpg

Did get a few scratches around the edges where rivet gun was bumping against the metal.Nothing to bad though.

Until next time. (If all goes well, tomorrow :D )

Build Logs          

Not all went well yesterday but do have some updates today.

Got the cut done on the right side panel. Just need to buy the acrylic now.

dsc01402ff.jpg

Just got my sleeving today. Will be working on that tomorrow.

dsc01399xw.jpg

And just a small preview of what's to come on the left panel.

dsc01390s.jpg

Build Logs          

Good job so far, needs an AR15 ;)

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

And just a small preview of what's to come on the left panel.

dsc01390s.jpg

Captain America?

target practice ? :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

It will be Captain America's shield. All other guesses were very patriotic though. 

I'm afraid it won't look as good as I hoped it would. I was going to let my brother do it, (artist/designer) but he won't be able to. Hope I don't mess this up as I would mess up circles -_- 

No updates today but will try to have some tomorrow. 

Build Logs          

So didn't have any updates "tomorrow" which would have been Saturday, but I do today. Final update should be today's. So Captains America's shield came out okay. A few overspray spots around the edges but nothings as awful as my first try. (Had to sand it down and redo it because my first go was just bad) This was the first design I've done on a PC and hopefully I'll get better.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom 1090T Six Core
MB: ASUS M5A99X EVO
RAM: 2x4GB Mushkin RedLine DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: EVGA GT 240
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
HDD: 500gb Western Digital Caviar Black

Now let's get into some pics.

pwpk.jpg

Sleeved 24-pin.
9m0w.jpg

Some nice Mushkin Redline Memory.
m8r.png

Start with a glimpse.
8lbm.jpg

q2c3.jpg

siz7.jpg

And the windowed side.
r316.jpg

y9a4.jpg

Full album can be found here:
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10200125/

Thank you all for checking this out. Hope to bring more during this summer. ( Have an empty HAF 912 here :D )

Build Logs          

Turned this around very nicely! I likey! :D

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Turned this around very nicely! I likey! :D

Thank you. :)

Build Logs          

• 3 weeks later...

My cousin would go crazy over this, hes a huge captain america fan.

It looks really nice. good job

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

My cousin would go crazy over this, hes a huge captain america fan.

It looks really nice. good job

I honestly thought this would look bad :P

But that's pretty awesome.

i take my hat off to you sir

Thank you both very much. 

Build Logs          

Man , u got my respect.... Bringin an old case back to live...... With a captain-america color scheme

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Man , u got my respect.... Bringin an old case back to live...... With a captain-america color scheme

Thank you :D

Build Logs          

dat GTX240. why? that 1090T needs a friend. something like a 4870x2.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

dat GTX240. why? that 1090T needs a friend. something like a 4870x2.

That is a GT240. It was the only card I had available at the time :( If anything, I'll downgrade the CPU since the PC is currently in the living room, where a 1090T isn't needed.

Build Logs          

It...it....it is so beautiful..... *tear* 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X