how worse is console experience than PC

Go to solution Solved by a7mddiaa,

hi guys thanks all for replies i wanted to update you 

i found a gtx 1060 for 300$ and got it today 

14 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

i am planning to buy an xbox one x since gpu prices are going up 

so for those of you who switched from pc to xonex or have both

how worse is the experience 

is the controller latency very noticable?

after getting used to aim with controller were you able to be as good as with a mouse ?

GPU prices seem to be coming back down again, still a bit high but not crazy like a few months ago.

I have both PC and Xbox One (not X though), while I prefer PC, my console experience hasn't been bad at all.

There's no controller latency.  Any latency console users experience is usually input lag from playing on a slow display.  PC gamers often experience it less because they play on lower input lag gaming monitors.   

I find keyboard and mouse gaming like riding a bike, you don't forget.  Keyboard and mouse is just more precise.  But that also depends on what you play, many genres are very controller friendly.  Racers and games like Dark Souls I play with a controller on PC.

13 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Mmmm...pretty sure on both MS and Sony consoles you require the subscription to play multiplayer on most games.  An example of an exception are certain MMOs that are free to play anyway like Neverwinter.

if i set my country to us and subscribe would it detect my location using my ip and ban me or something?

3 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

GPU prices seem to be coming back down again, still a bit high but not crazy like a few months ago.

I have both PC and Xbox One (not X though), while I prefer PC, my console experience hasn't been bad at all.

There's no controller latency.  Any latency console users experience is usually input lag from playing on a slow display.  PC gamers often experience it less because they play on lower input lag gaming monitors.   

I find keyboard and mouse gaming like riding a bike, you don't forget.  Keyboard and mouse is just more precise.  But that also depends on what you play, many genres are very controller friendly.  Racers and games like Dark Souls I play with a controller on PC.

ik they were down but in uae the prices suddenly came up 

i ll see if i can find a good used deal or any good price 

the only thing that is holding me back from buying it rn is i like fps games alot and i never used controller for it before

I have an Xbox One and have a PC. I love both. The Xbox one is great for hanging out with your friends because the controls for creating a party and inviting friends to games is extremely easy, all without having to leave your game it literally takes all of 5 seconds to invite your friend to a party... if you are proefficient with the controller. as for Controller latency I haven't noticed anything but I have been gaming on a Logitech M570 for the past 5 years so I wouldn't have much to say as far as gaming latency, but I can pwn noobs all day on my xbox... also I really love the headphone jack on the Xbox One Controllers, I can crank my music from the pandora app without having to annoy my parents. and you can multitask. not with games but with apps, so you can play games and listen to pandora or spotify or Iheartradio, and youtube (don't quote me on being able to play youtube and game at the same time). If you want a console to play with your friends, have really intuitive controls get an Xbox One. If you want to spend an extra $100 for a crappy console get a PS4.

5 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

ik they were down but in uae the prices suddenly came up 

i ll see if i can find a good used deal or any good price 

the only thing that is holding me back from buying it rn is i like fps games alot and i never used controller for it before

I haven't been paying too close attention so it could be up an down.  I bought a 1080 back in November then saw the prices shoot up like crazy in month.  I checked a couple weeks ago and they weren't too far off what i paid for mine (still $100 more for the 1080s).

If you're playing in 1080p, many games now support performance boosts that can jump the framerate from 30 - 60fps.  Keep in mind not all games will get this.  New games should all be X enhanced but past games will require patches which may or may not come out..

As far as controls goes, if you're big into fps games but new to playing on a controller, that might be your biggest hurdle.  You'll eventually get the hang of it but it still won't be the same experience.  I've had years of experience playing keyboard/mouse and controller.  Keyboard and mouse always wins for fps titles.  You can turn on a dime and still get that precise headshot.

58 minutes ago, ninjasupahsquid said:

If you want a console to play with your friends, have really intuitive controls get an Xbox One. If you want to spend an extra $100 for a crappy console get a PS4.

xbox one x is more expensive than ps4 pro

55 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

I haven't been paying too close attention so it could be up an down.  I bought a 1080 back in November then saw the prices shoot up like crazy in month.  I checked a couple weeks ago and they weren't too far off what i paid for mine (still $100 more for the 1080s).

If you're playing in 1080p, many games now support performance boosts that can jump the framerate from 30 - 60fps.  Keep in mind not all games will get this.  New games should all be X enhanced but past games will require patches which may or may not come out..

As far as controls goes, if you're big into fps games but new to playing on a controller, that might be your biggest hurdle.  You'll eventually get the hang of it but it still won't be the same experience.  I've had years of experience playing keyboard/mouse and controller.  Keyboard and mouse always wins for fps titles.  You can turn on a dime and still get that precise headshot.

so if am not able to find a good price for a 1060 do you think i should keep using pc and get a slightly better gpu/cpu like ryzen 5 2400g ?

also rn i have a 720p monitor so would the 2400g be ok ?

22 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

Condolences

I did get a One X this month and it was the worst experience I ever had with a Console.

In short:
The Prepaid M$ Cash Things you can buy here and there are totally useless bullcrap. Or in other words: Gift Cards, literrally.

You can't pay shit with it, if you don't have either a credit card or other Payment Options in your Account. I'm NOT freakin doin that!

That just killed the experience for me.

You don't need no payment options in your account for Steam, Origin and Playstation Network. Probably also UPlay. But they might want your adress...

The XBox 360 was fine and I still like it and don't regret getting the 360 instead of the PS3 at the time...

But the One? Naah...

so to be blunt:
Get a PC.

The only reason I see right now for a One X is a kinda mobilish gaming device you can put in your luggage to play when you are not at home. 
But otherwise, I'd suggest staying away from the one. It has just no "console advantage" or even feels like a console. To me it feels like a shitty proprietary/closed Windows PC with a Custom Wndows UI where you can't install anything that isn't in the Shop...

Kinda a bit like a Windows 10 S (or however it is called right now) Device...

Why would you get a One X anyway?
Its freakin expensive!!

The PS4 PRO was 333€ until yesterday...
And it is the better console because of the Exclusives. The Gamepad of the PS4 isn't as bad as people tell it is. Its just different...

So if you want a console, get a PS4 or maybe a Switch. Because of the Exclusives they make sense even if you have a PC. The One not so much...

And in another Thread I ranted a bit more about the One X I have right now.

I really don't see a point in it. And at the moment, I am very unhappy with it...

after getting used to aim with controller were you able to be as good as with a mouse ?

Mouse and Controller are two completely different things and play completely different.

With the mouse you are way more precise than controller. There is NOTHING that might change that.

With the Controller its more something for the Couch...

But for Shooter, I'd like to have something like the Wiimote with two analogue sticks (one for looking, one for moving and the wiimote only for aming)...

3 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

Yeah, it is, depending on situation and so on, somewhere between 100 and 150€

And it consumes more power (between 10 and 30W)

And you need valid payment options in your Microsoft Account to buy anything, from Games with Gold to real Games and other things. Without it, it won't accept shit. With Steam you get a Paysafe Card and add the money to your account, with Origin, you use the Paysafe Card to pay with. And with the Playstation Network, you add those 12 letter/number code to add money to your accound and just buy stuff. No need for any payment option in your account, credit card information or other stuff...

In short:
Look for a Playstation4 or Nintendo Switch and Play the Exclusives on it.

In the Meantime, save Money for the PC you want.

But don't get an XBox, if you don't want your credit information to be on the Interwebs...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 6/17/2018 at 11:40 PM, a7mddiaa said:

Hi mate! Buy it now. I picked a XB1 S last week in a sale, and I got to say, I have no regrets at all. I mostly like shooters games and I've been playing Rainbow Six Siege, Titanfall 2 and Fortnite. They look awesome, the resolution is ok, the framerate is 60fps all the time, the graphic quality is good, and what really blew my mind is that everything is inside that little white box that doesn't make any noise nor heat. It's incredible. It came bundled with Assassin's Creed Origins, and well that game have a capped frame rate to 30fps, the same for R6 Siege in Terrorist Hunt mode and a lot of games in consoles. I've been PC gamer my whole life, so you will notice that change from from 60 to 30fps. And as a PC player I care about framerate. But it's no that noticeable in some games, for example in AC: Origins is fairly noticeable, in R6 Siege Terrorist Hunt is barely visible, but I played the game Crossout and was super annoying, it almost melted my eyes. So that's my experience from the last week with the Xbox. About the controllers, you just need to get used to it, I haven't noticed any latency issues wirelessly or wired. They work well with  both PC and Xbox. Next month I'll buy Doom I've read that run at 60fps. I was thinking of building a PC but is really expensive for me right now and in my country prices are even higher, so I think the Xbox is a good option. Sorry for my English if you don't understand something.

20 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

I Think not... Used PS4 Pro prices are more expensive than new Xbox One S

image.png.80e76aa60927b9ccccac38c8c7f9a3c3.pngimage.png.b910c0f85673724e4d3dafd3491387dc.png

If you play a ton of shooter games than console will never be as good as PC, but IMO console are better for sports games, have a lower cost of entry, and the life cycle of a console can be up to 10 years.  A console like the Nintendo Switch blurs the line between console and handheld while providing PS3/PS4 level graphics.  PCs are pretty much 100% storage driven unlike consoles which can have psychical copies of games which you can resell/buy.  With that being said a system like the Nintendo Switch only comes with 32GB of space and some games take over 20GB of space and require a SD card, although these cards are really cheap since I saw a 200GB card going for $60 on Amazon but I guess my point is you can spend hundreds in accessories for consoles making that original low entry cost balloon easily.  On the other hand you can easily spend a couple hundred just on a keyboard and mouse for a PC and a monitor can range from $100 to easily over $1000.  If you are a pixel and/or refresh aficionado a console will never do.  

Honestly my current setup I have my gaming PC 34" 2K Ultra wide 100Hz, i7 8700K, EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid and for when I want to casually game in bed or on the go I have a Nintendo Switch.  If you gave me a budget of $500 I would pick just a XBOX One X since it can do 4K 60Hz.  Building a semi decent PC today requires at least $1000 IMO and the problem with building a PC is that I am always tempted to go refresh my components, meaning more and more money probably unnecessarily dumped into gaming   

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

1 hour ago, ninjasupahsquid said:

I Think not... Used PS4 Pro prices are more expensive than new Xbox One S

That's just a stupid comperisation...

If you want to compare the XBox One S to something, use the PS4 Slim...

And that the One S looses here because of the shitty graphics processor and low bandwith should also be mentioned.

OF the Standard Consoles, the PS4 is the better one. But with the Prices right now, the PRO just makes more sense.

While the One X is just too expensive for what you get...

And a worse gaming experience...

And remember that you need a Credit card for the M$ Shop!

1 minute ago, Jrasero said:

If you gave me a budget of $500 I would pick just a XBOX One X since it can do 4K 60Hz. 

No, because what you say about 4K/60Hz is bullshit.

If you talk about 4k Blue Ray, that is true.

But for the Performance, it depends on the Game!

And remember:
Its the Games that make the Console great!

XBox One is more like a castrated Windows PC with a shitty shop that needy payment information in your account...

Building a semi decent PC today requires at least $1000 IMO

No, you can do something decent with going for used Parts.

If you know what to do, you don't need no 1000€ or more.

You can get away far cheaper, if you know where to look and what to look for.

If you want something that is only as good as the premium consoles, the CPU isn't an issue. And if you look in the right direction, you can get a Board with CPU and Memory for like 150-250€.

Something like an FX8350 or so with a bit of Memory is really cheap these days...

The Only "Problem" is the Graphics card, that has to be gotten new but still something like an RX470 or so is still enough, though I'd go for 8GiB VRAM.

So IMO he should get a (used) Gaming PC or either a Playstation 4 (PRO) or Nintendo Switch.

and the problem with building a PC is that I am always tempted to go refresh my components, meaning more and more money probably unnecessarily dumped into gaming   

Not everyone has that Problem ;)

39 minutes ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

Fine Here you go Xbox is cheaper and better

Are you Serious?!

1. You compare the 500GB XBox One S to the 1TB Playstation 4.

1080p on the PS4 vs. 900p on the XBox One.

So graphics quality is reduced on the Standard XBox One.

What was better again??

And you also miss the deal Sony had with the Playstation 4 until yesterday. PS4 PRO for 333€ new at a local store.

Yes, the XBone might be a bit cheaper but its also the shittier console with a bunch of disadvantages.

The only Plus for the One is the capability of playing 4k Bluray but the performance is the worst one of the bunch...

And if you look at the Games, most of those are just Multi Plattform or could be gotten on PC anyway. So what is left?!
Not even Gears of War 4 is left!

59 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

And if you look at the Games, most of those are just Multi Plattform or could be gotten on PC anyway. So what is left?!
Not even Gears of War 4 is left!

Not everyone care about the exclusives, dude.

Not sure the cost considering RAM is also pricey these days, but if you go for new hardware (not sure how you feel about used market), the Ryzen 3 2200G APU seems console quality (the base versions anyway), roughly speaking. Check out Digital Foundry's review and other places that may have benchmarks for games you're interested in. More demanding games you'd have under 1080p, but that's what happens with the base Xbox One/PS4 as well with 900p being a fairly common target.

In the future you can slap on a GPU. Just make sure you get a decent PSU now though.

1 hour ago, Zauer said:

Not everyone care about the exclusives, dude.

And where is the advantage of playing those Titles on the XBox?

You can also do it on a PC...

As well as a Playstation 4.

And here we are again at the point where the PC makes the most sense...

And that there isn't an argument for the XBox as it is more like a castrated PC than anything else...

53 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

And here we are again at the point where the PC makes the most sense...

Makes the most sense if you have the money.

Right now I'm playing Titanfall 2 in my XB1 S 1TB and looks really great in my 1080p monitor. Good graphics, resolution is ok, and framerate is 60fps all the time. It came in a bundle with Assasins's Creed: Origins (Not the kind of game I usually play but my brother like it) and Rainbow Six Siege (I really like this one). All that for 450 bucks (the prices are higher in my country).

There is no way you can build a new PC to play Titanfall 2 at medium/high settings, 1080p at 60fp for that price. If you want a gaming PC you should be prepared to spend at least 800 or 1000 USD.

47 minutes ago, Zauer said:

There is no way you can build a new PC to play Titanfall 2 at medium/high settings, 1080p at 60fp for that price. If you want a gaming PC you should be prepared to spend at least 800 or 1000 USD.

Yes, there is, if you know what you are doing, where you have to look and what you have to look for.

The Graphics of the XBone is only around Radeon HD7750 level and the CPU is something we don't have an equivalent for, though an Athlon X4 845 should be more than sufficient.

A Board with Memory and the CPU and GPU should be something you could easily get for 150-200 bucks, the "Only Problem" is the Case...

HDD isn't expensive either. Used 500GB Drives go for like 20 bucks or less. And a 64-128GB SSD isn't much more expensive either.

If you are lucky and an FSP Hexa 85+ or similar is available you can get a decent PC for way less than 400€...

And another Thing you miss:
With the XBox you pay a premium for some games (+10€ on Consoles) and also the Payment options you have to have in your M$ Account.

You do not need to with a Playstation, Steam, Origin Account. UPlay I never bought anything.

As for the Standard, entry Level Consoles:
The Playstation is way more powerful than the XBone, the shop less restricted, you can use the Gift Cards you can buy in the stores to buy stuff - you can't with the One...

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, because what you say about 4K/60Hz is bullshit.

If you talk about 4k Blue Ray, that is true.

But for the Performance, it depends on the Game!

And remember:
Its the Games that make the Console great!

XBox One is more like a castrated Windows PC with a shitty shop that needy payment information in your account...

No, you can do something decent with going for used Parts.

If you know what to do, you don't need no 1000€ or more.

You can get away far cheaper, if you know where to look and what to look for.

If you want something that is only as good as the premium consoles, the CPU isn't an issue. And if you look in the right direction, you can get a Board with CPU and Memory for like 150-250€.

Something like an FX8350 or so with a bit of Memory is really cheap these days...

The Only "Problem" is the Graphics card, that has to be gotten new but still something like an RX470 or so is still enough, though I'd go for 8GiB VRAM.

So IMO he should get a (used) Gaming PC or either a Playstation 4 (PRO) or Nintendo Switch.

Not everyone has that Problem ;)

Yeah not every game is 4K 60Hz but by far it is the best out of all the consoles

Yeah you are 100% correct it is a bastardized PC, that's why it's as good as it is

As per games making the system very true and with XBOX having so many exclusives it makes it a great system

not true on the used parts unless you want some POS, sorry but I am not dropping $500 on used parts, go big or go hoem son

everyone has that problem you just don't know it yet

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

9 minutes ago, Jrasero said:

Yeah not every game is 4K 60Hz but by far it is the best out of all the consoles

And what good is it if the rest is garbage, especially the eshop the console is tied to?
With a shitty UI you can arrange yourself.

But if the Shop demands Payment Options, that's a big nono...

Yeah you are 100% correct it is a bastardized PC, that's why it's as good as it is

No, its not.

A console should be a console - boot up quickly, allow you to play games and stuff like that.

Thing is that the XBox 360 is better in every way, just the Performance is worse. But you don't need no credit cards for purchases on the 360...

As per games making the system very true and with XBOX having so many exclusives it makes it a great system

What exclusives are you talking about?!
The big ones like Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves and Gears of Wars 4 you can play on PC as well or better.

not true on the used parts unless you want some POS, sorry but I am not dropping $500 on used parts, go big or go hoem son

And that is the lie.

You can build a decent PC with used parts for 500€ or less.

You might have to look a bit longer and harder but if you know what to get, where to look and what to look for, you can get a really great one for less than 500€

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The Graphics of the XBone is only around Radeon HD7750 level and the CPU is something we don't have an equivalent for, though an Athlon X4 845 should be more than sufficient.

What a coincidence. I also a have a PC in my house, the one my little brother use to play some games like Fortnite. And it has spec somewhat similiar to what you said but a little better: Intel Core i3 4170 3.7GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB, 8GB DDR3 1666MHz Kingston, Thermaltake TR2-500W. I know that rig very well and I'm completely sure the Xbox One S i bought recently is far better than that.

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

A console should be a console - boot up quickly, allow you to play games and stuff like that.

Thing is that the XBox 360 is better in every way, just the Performance is worse. But you don't need no credit cards for purchases on the 360...

I think the OS in the Xbox is great. Is the kind of evolution I wanted to see long ago (Need some improvements though). Right now I'm writing this from the Edge browser on the console.

And about the credit card things you said. I sincerely don't understand. What is the problem with that? You got to pay for Xbox Live, right but that's ok for me.

2 hours ago, Zauer said:

And about the credit card things you said. I sincerely don't understand. What is the problem with that? You got to pay for Xbox Live, right but that's ok for me.

THAT:

DSC_5036s.jpg.a4ba3ff9a3d2ee1a235bf0760520a97e.jpg

I have ~5€ in my account but can't buy that because no payment options.

In other words:
you can't do shit in the store without payment options in your accont.

You can't buy a game, you can't even get the Games for Gold with a valid Gold subscription.

Its utter bullcrap.

And no, neither for Steam, Origin nor Playstation Network is a Credit Card Needed.

All you need is some form or money (like a Paysafe Card for Origin and Steam or Giftcard for PSN)

2 hours ago, Zauer said:

Radeon HD 7750 1GB

THAT is the Problem -> VRAM

And probably higher resolution, higher settings...