how worse is console experience than PC

Go to solution Solved by a7mddiaa,

hi guys thanks all for replies i wanted to update you 

i found a gtx 1060 for 300$ and got it today 

You can set your xbox to usa if you want , my brother has the xbox one x to spain (where we live) and the xbox one to usa. 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Regarding some points mentioned here against the Xbox One

Credit cards.

Most adults have these already, not a huge deal.

PC can play most of the exclusives now.

So..?  Like I mentioned in another thread.  Not everyone has a gaming pc or wants to put a gaming pc in their living room/gaming area.  Xbox still wins far as simplicity goes.  It powers on and controls with your controller.  Hooking up a pc to your living room setup isn't ideal for everyone.  

I've been enjoying Forza Horizon 3 both on my PC and Xbox One depending on which room I'm playing in.  PC in the mancave and Xbox One in the living room.

Cost of a Xbox vs Similar performance PC.

Sure, you can shop around for used parts and probably get a pc that compares.  Or you go to the store now and get your Xbox One and not deal with the headache.

28 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

Credit cards.

Most adults have these already, not a huge deal.

In the US maybe.

But there are people living outside the US.

In Countrys where Credit Cards are rather uncommon. 

And for what should I need a credit card?!
Paying with plastic? I can do that without one in most stores. Can't with Credit Card.

And that is just one part. The other is that you have to add your credit card to a very interesting database!!

So if someone steals the Database, they have your credit card information.

So stop downplaying this issue!

Especially since its exclusive to Microsoft!

You don't need it for any other online gaming plattform - not on Steam, not on Origin, not on Uplay. You just need some form of Money either in your account (where it is possible) or use a Prepaid "Online Cash Card" like the Paysafe Card.

And yes, there is something like that available in Egypt -> One Card.

PC can play most of the exclusives now.

So..?  Like I mentioned in another thread.  Not everyone has a gaming pc or wants to put a gaming pc in their living room/gaming area.

Oh and what about all those nice ITX Cases?
And other Media Players?
Why an XBox?

Here you really pull something to have an argument for the XBox, don't you?

Xbox still wins far as simplicity goes.  It powers on and controls with your controller. 

And the Playstation you can control with the TV Remote.

And if your TV supports HDMI CEC (and you set it correctly), it also switches on the TV...

Point for the Playstation. Not the XBox...

Oh and there are also USB-CEC Adapters for the PC as well...

Its a bit more frickely and to do but it is possible on PC, it seems...

And isn't a Playstation simpler than an XBox?

Hooking up a pc to your living room setup isn't ideal for everyone.  

Why?
There are some nice ITX Cases and you can do anything you want with a PC.

It is an open Plattform, where YOU decide what to do!

And how to do it.

Can't do that with either Console. 
Might need a bit more work or thinking but you can do anything you want. So the "PC in Living Room" argument is just bullshit.

And if money isn't an issue, you can go for a Hades Cannyon.

Higher performance than an XBox One, smaller and you can do what you want with it...

If money isn't an issue, that would be a better option than any console...

Cost of a Xbox vs Similar performance PC.

Sure, you can shop around for used parts and probably get a pc that compares.  Or you go to the store now and get your Xbox One and not deal with the headache.

...and deal with the payment crap on the XBox, that it is a closed plattform where you can't do shit and other stuff.

In short:

Gaming PC is preferable and wins by an enormous margin!

Because of the Openness.

After that you can argue about Switch or Playstation.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Oh boy... Here we go again. Let's address some more points..

Credit cards. 

I can understand the frustrations but.. again, this doesn't affect everyone.  You risk getting your bank info stolen just pumping gas.  My bank has temporarily shutdown my debit card after I pumped gas at a gas station that was targeted by scammers.  I've yet get my credit card info stolen but good credit card companies will usually offer some sort of protection.  I've been subbed to Xbox live since the original Xbox days.

Simplicity.

I'm comparing PC to Xbox.  That's nice if Ps4 is even simpler, but irrelevant if someone wants to play Halo, Gears or Forza.  Xbox still wins hands down against pc for simplicity.  Most of the users here are enthusiasts so simplicity probably doesn't matter as much them.  The rest of the world though? hmm... With Xbox, you don't have to open Origin to play your EA titles, open the Blizzard app to play Diablo, open steam for your other games.  They're all available in your game list or by popping the disc in.  Some people want that closed easy format.  If I took away our xbox and hooked up a gaming pc to the living room tv, my wife would flip her shit at me because she loves playing on the Xbox.  I even installed Gears of War 4 on her pc.  Take a guess what she prefers playing it on?  See where i'm going with this?

Backwards Compatibility.

While it's not the entire library, if I want to play some classic Gears, or Red Dead Redemption etc.., I don't have to dig out my noisey af original Xbox 360. Many of these classic titles are X enhanced now too.

PC vs Gaming.

My honest opinion?  Hell yeah, I love PC gaming the best.  You want mouse and keyboard support, an open platform and the best possible graphics? Then yes, pc gaming is for you.  But i'm not everyone, you're not everyone.  

You keep telling people to avoid Xbox One like the plague yet there are people like me here who've enjoyed their time with it.  Are you bothered that I have enjoyed owning a Xbox?

Look, this guy isn't the enemy, he just loves his xbox.

Image result for hugging xbox

1 hour ago, Majinhoju said:

Credit cards. 

I can understand the frustrations but.. again, this doesn't affect everyone.  You risk getting your bank info stolen just pumping gas.  My bank has temporarily shutdown my debit card after I pumped gas at a gas station that was targeted by scammers.  I've yet get my credit card info stolen but good credit card companies will usually offer some sort of protection.  I've been subbed to Xbox live since the original Xbox days.

Don't you have any better arguments to defend the XBox One and this credit card bullshit you have to have?!

With Origin and Steam you can pay via Paysafecard, no need for any payment Information in the Account...

Backwards Compatibility.

While it's not the entire library, if I want to play some classic Gears, or Red Dead Redemption etc.., I don't have to dig out my noisey af original Xbox 360. Many of these classic titles are X enhanced now too.

Its nice to have but not a real argument.

If you want to play 360 titles, get a 360.

And that "many" is a big lie too.

Its maybe a hand full. ANd, as I said earlier, most of the Games are Multi Plattform Games anyway and can be played on PC with an AMD 2400G - without graphics card of course and look better!

We are talking about a highendish PC from ~2005. A modern APU system should easily beat that.

I made a list earlier and 62 games from the Backwards Compatibility List were Multi Plattform Games that you'd rather play on PC anyway - and get for an €uro or two on Sale on Steam or gog.com.

You can't play Nier, Darkness, Oneechanbara, Resident Evil 5 and a whole bunch of other Stuff I have for the 360 on the One. So what's the Point when from my 33 XBox360 games only like 5, maybe 10 run on the One...

And if it isn't X optimized it doesn't look that much better anyway...

PC vs Gaming.

My honest opinion?  Hell yeah, I love PC gaming the best.  You want mouse and keyboard support, an open platform and the best possible graphics? Then yes, pc gaming is for you. 

Yeah and I say the same, so why don't you tell him go get a PC?!
Especially since he would have had the choice between Controller and Keyboard/Mouse in many games.

You keep telling people to avoid Xbox One like the plague yet there are people like me here who've enjoyed their time with it.  Are you bothered that I have enjoyed owning a Xbox?

Why don't you admit the downsides and Problems of the XBox One?
Why do YOU downplay the Problems the Plattform has?!

The Playstation Plattform is just better to play games. 

Look, this guy isn't the enemy, he just loves his xbox.

Oh yeah, its people like you, who dowplay the Problems other People have, that make other People, who have the Problems really hate the Console/Plattform.

Its one thing if you have a Problem with it.

Its another thing if you have People ignoring it and downplay the Problems you have, not helping anyone.

YOU sound like someone who wants to talk someone else to buy something, not because its the best choice for him but for other reasons.

I don't need to tell people that the XBox is awesome because its not.

The 360 was the best console of the last generation.

This Generation M$ totally fucked up the One in every way. Why do you keep recommending this mess?

Now to the facts:
Xbox 360 boots up quicker than the One

Xbox 360 doesn't need the Credit Card in the Account.

XBox 360 is rather quiet in the Slim (Arcade and Elite) Versions, though Ballbearing Noise of the fan is annoying.

I really liked the 360 and am happy to have gotten it back in 2010 and not the Playstation 3. Back then, the PS3 was the garbage console.

But right now the XBox is the Garbage Console, because M$ messed up everything they could...

And even the store they ruined...

So stop downplaying the issues of the XBox One and stick to the facts!

I don't have to talk about "hearsay", I have them all, right now I have 5 Consoles on my Table (360, PS3, PS4 PRO, XBox One X and a WiiU) and I am very happy with all but the XBox One X!

Even the WiiU was IMO a pretty nice deal with some great games. Though its very expensive (230€ or so I paid) for the Hardware. But still a pretty fun console with some nice games...

In the End:
I'd recommend the Gaming PC, even if the Money is only enough for an AMD 2400G (or even 2200G)!

You can always put in a graphics card later.

And have the choice between Steam, UPlay, GoG, Origin and other Plattforms...

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The problems for you are not the problem for everyone, as you can see.

For me PlayStation and Nintendo are crap, I'd never recommend someone to get any of those.

@Majinhoju man I totally agree with you. Simplicity is key, what I wanted when I purchased my XB1 S is to stop having to mess with the settings to finally play a game to a decent framerate. When I realized I could play the games I wanted without spending 1200 bucks in a super PC (not so super), XB1 was the easiest answer for me. And now I've seen how simple and greatly you can play games it really changed my mind about consoles.

So, @a7mddiaa: "how worse is console experience than PC?":

Not worse. Just different. I think you just give it a try. But I strongly recommend the XB1. I've tried PS4 pro but I didn't liked it.

My last reply to this post.

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Don't you have any better arguments to defend the XBox One and this credit card bullshit you have to have?!

With Origin and Steam you can pay via Paysafecard, no need for any payment Information in the Account...

That's nice.  Again, not a problem for everyone.  I don't know what else to tell you other than I don't really care?

And that "many" is a big lie too.

Its maybe a hand full. ANd, as I said earlier, most of the Games are Multi Plattform Games anyway and can be played on PC with an AMD 2400G - without graphics card of course and look better!

We are talking about a highendish PC from ~2005. A modern APU system should easily beat that.

I made a list earlier and 62 games from the Backwards Compatibility List were Multi Plattform Games that you'd rather play on PC anyway - and get for an €uro or two on Sale on Steam or gog.com.

You can't play Nier, Darkness, Oneechanbara, Resident Evil 5 and a whole bunch of other Stuff I have for the 360 on the One. So what's the Point when from my 33 XBox360 games only like 5, maybe 10 run on the One...

And if it isn't X optimized it doesn't look that much better anyway...

1. The list keeps growing

2. I've been able play classic games without having dig out my 360.  

3. What if someone only wants to buy one console that can play the latest Halo and Gears games but still enjoy some classic games?  Everyone has different wants and needs.

Yeah and I say the same, so why don't you tell him go get a PC?!
Especially since he would have had the choice between Controller and Keyboard/Mouse in many games.

He can get what he wants.  I don't care.  Is there some language or comprehension barrier here?  I'm not telling anyone what to get, it's up to them to decide.

The Playstation Plattform is just better to play games. 

Oh yeah, its people like you, who dowplay the Problems other People have, that make other People, who have the Problems really hate the Console/Plattform.

Its one thing if you have a Problem with it.

Its another thing if you have People ignoring it and downplay the Problems you have, not helping anyone.

YOU sound like someone who wants to talk someone else to buy something, not because its the best choice for him but for other reasons.

I don't need to tell people that the XBox is awesome because its not.

The 360 was the best console of the last generation.

This Generation M$ totally fucked up the One in every way. Why do you keep recommending this mess?

Now to the facts:
Xbox 360 boots up quicker than the One

Xbox 360 doesn't need the Credit Card in the Account.

XBox 360 is rather quiet in the Slim (Arcade and Elite) Versions, though Ballbearing Noise of the fan is annoying.

I really liked the 360 and am happy to have gotten it back in 2010 and not the Playstation 3. Back then, the PS3 was the garbage console.

But right now the XBox is the Garbage Console, because M$ messed up everything they could...

And even the store they ruined...

So stop downplaying the issues of the XBox One and stick to the facts!

I don't have to talk about "hearsay", I have them all, right now I have 5 Consoles on my Table (360, PS3, PS4 PRO, XBox One X and a WiiU) and I am very happy with all but the XBox One X!

Even the WiiU was IMO a pretty nice deal with some great games. Though its very expensive (230€ or so I paid) for the Hardware. But still a pretty fun console with some nice games...

In the End:
I'd recommend the Gaming PC, even if the Money is only enough for an AMD 2400G (or even 2200G)!

You can always put in a graphics card later.

And have the choice between Steam, UPlay, GoG, Origin and other Plattforms...

People like me who downplay problems?  This is getting hilarious.  Your problems with the console aren't my problems.  I have no issues with my Xbox One.  What downsides do I need to suggest from my perspective?  My only objective here to is to provide my perspective on what i've enjoyed from my consoles.  It's up to everyone else to decide what they want as all platforms do provide a different experience.  I have all the consoles except for the Pro and X variants of Ps4 and XB1.

We have all different gaming needs and budgets.  You might like having multiple platform choices (steam, uplay, Origin etc..), others might not like that.  We're all different, is that such a difficult concept?  

Play on whatever you want but don't jump down someone's throat because they enjoyed playing on a console you didn't like.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Stefan Payne said:

That's just a stupid comperisation...

If you want to compare the XBox One S to something, use the PS4 Slim...

And that the One S looses here because of the shitty graphics processor and low bandwith should also be mentioned.

OF the Standard Consoles, the PS4 is the better one. But with the Prices right now, the PRO just makes more sense.

While the One X is just too expensive for what you get...

And a worse gaming experience...

And remember that you need a Credit card for the M$ Shop!

why are you making a big problem out of a credit card problem everyone (most people) have credit cards

20 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

@Stefan Payne never seen that much hate for xbox 

Because they totally fucked up what they had with the 360...

The 360 was pretty good, though the UI got worse with the latest Updates (I started with the 2009 or 2010 UI and really liked it)...

And if you don't have a credit card, you got a Problem, can't even use the Games for Gold...

In short:
The XBox 360 was a great console. The Xbox one removed everything that made the 360 great...

15 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Because they totally fucked up what they had with the 360...

The 360 was pretty good, though the UI got worse with the latest Updates (I started with the 2009 or 2010 UI and really liked it)...

And if you don't have a credit card, you got a Problem, can't even use the Games for Gold...

In short:
The XBox 360 was a great console. The Xbox one removed everything that made the 360 great...

so the ui and credit cards are your only problems ?

i dont care about credit card 

and the ui isn't that bad its better than the PS imo

what about the actual gameplay thats all i care about

i am really confused i gotta make a decision today since tomorrow is my last chance to get it cheap

incase i didn't have enough money for a gtx 1060 would you recommend a lower end apu like 2400g?

I think there's a pretty big gap between the 1060 and 2400g.  Most threads I've seen compare the 1030 to a 2400g.  I don't think I could settle with the 2400g.

I think the most important question here is what do you want to play? and are you ok with only using a controller?  

Note that controllers are great depending on the game.  Third person adventure, racing etc.. they're perfect. I use a controller for a good chunk of my pc gaming.

But with FPS games they struggle.  While you can get decently good with them they'll never have the precision as mouse and keyboard.

2 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

so the ui and credit cards are your only problems ?

No, Power Consumption, no HDMI CEC Support and other stuff...

The one X consumes around 10-30W more than the PS4 PRO.

There is also other stuff like Bluetooth.

The PS4 has support for that. So you could use a bluetooth headset.

aand there is the Issue with the Harddrive...

If your PS4 HDD breaks, just put in a new one with the newest PS4 Update (you need the 1GiB+ Update, not the smaller one) - and a Philipps Screw Driver (PH1) - without voiding the Warranty. And of course a Thumb Drive (I think it was 2GiB or larger) for the Update.

Then you just put in the New Drive and the USB Stick and it does the Update (Controller must be connected via Cable for this)

With the XBox One it takes around 5-10 min to get to the HDD and you need  a Torx T8 and AFAIR also a T9 as well as a Philipps for the Harddrive.

The easiest way to do it is to get a bigger drive and clone it. But there are also other possibilitys. Its possible but more complicated. And you absolutely need a PC...

And for all that's worth, you have around 100GB less on the XBox One X Drive than PS4.

PS4 you have something like 870GB for games.

XBox One X you have like 760GB or so for Games.

With a 1TB HDD of course.

and the ui isn't that bad its better than the PS imo

You only see how shit it is, when using it...

Its just something to start games, you need like 2 seconds to launch a game - and press one Button...

The One X UI is more complicated than that...

You either scroll down and hope you find your game or you start the Libary App and launch it from there -> takes more time to do. 

Plus the longer Boot Time...

You have your App Icons and you can make folders and add the Games to the Folders. 

Settings are a bit cluttered with the PS4 but you also have more options. Like Boost Mode for older Games.

Or maybe Super Sampling mode as well.

what about the actual gameplay thats all i care about

What about that?
You have two completely different controllers. One with no real new features since the Playstation 1,5/2 Area (yes, I'm talking about the XBox One), the other has some minor innovations...

The Gyros/Accelerometer was something that was used in the PS3 12 years ago, that is not new...

The Touchpad is new. Sadly its rarely used. 

But in Infamous Second Son, you can use it in the Spray Minigame wich is really cool.

And there are some cool games for it, you can't play anywhere else as well, if you like games like Assasin's Creed.

i am really confused i gotta make a decision today since tomorrow is my last chance to get it cheap

Get a PC first.

Worry about the console later...

But to be honest:
I'd think about the Switch (wich I might get next week but probably not) as well.

Otherwhise I'd get the PS4...

The Only Problem with the PS4 is that the Store on the console is the same as on the PS4 and it leaves "a bit of improvement"..

For that you should use another mobile device to buy stuff...

the games I'd look at:
God of War (the new, 2018 one)
Killzone Shadow Fall

Persona 5

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX

Ratchet & Clank

Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy and Nathan Drake collection (PS3 Remake)

inFAMOUS First Like + Second Son

Horizon Zero Dawn (Complete Edition)

if you can get it for like 15€ or less: The Order 1886 (if more, don't bother!)

Multi Plattform:
Ni No Kuni II

Far Cry 4 (I'd start with that, liked it the best of the 3, 5 is also OK, but I liked 4 more/better)

3 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

incase i didn't have enough money for a gtx 1060 would you recommend a lower end apu like 2400g?

There are also alternatives like Radeon RX470, 480 or 570, 580.

If possible get the 8GiB version...

And rather have an 8GiB RX470 than a 4GiB 580 (AFAIR they don't exist but I wanted to mention it).

For a start its better than nothing but many discrete Cards have more power than the 2400G...

But I'd look at AMD Cards too.

If you have no PC, an xbox will get you playing games faster and more fluidly for your $500.

If you have a pc that is 5 years old and mid-range or better, and you can stuff a newer GPU in it, you'll be much happier. You can use a console controller for games where it's helpful, you'll also have a LOT more options for controllers if you get into games that require special controllers, ie flying/space sim or driving games. 

Also, one of the biggest hurdles I've run into, is available resolutions. If you get an xbox one x, you get 1080p and 4K. Which is fine and all, especially for living room gaming. However, I play racing sims, Elite Dangerous and I'm really looking forward to ace combat 7. And I really really really want to run a multi-monitor set-up, or at least an ultrawide for peripheral vision engagement. Oh, it does support 1440p now, but that's still just a 16:9 aspect ratio. Where's my 32:9 or 48:9 damnit!

10 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

hi guys thanks all for replies i wanted to update you 

i found a gtx 1060 for 300$ and got it today 

Nice choice.  I think that puts you pretty much into the Xbox One X territory for performance.

There's... a number of variables here.

For example, let's go to Forza Motorsport 7. The Xbox One experience is the base experience, and it looks and plays real nicely. If you want to front up money for the Xbox One X version, that'll look nicer and still play real nicely. If you want to front up money for the Windows version on a nice PC, you could potentially not only push out nicer visuals, but a higher frame rate on top of that, which can potentially reduce latency in a number of areas.

But not a lot of games are like Forza, that's really an absolute best case scenario. Say it's something like The Witcher 3 or Battlefield 1. Both look pretty decent on the base consoles, look better on the upgraded versions (well, at least The Witcher 3 does so for both the Pro and the X) and play pretty decently on those consoles. PC could net you a better visual and gameplay experience for not much more than an Xbox One X if you were willing to go used.

I guess what I'm saying is, what are you looking for in this case?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Nice choice.  I think that puts you pretty much into the Xbox One X territory for performance.

yeah i paid alot more than i would pay for the xbox since i would sell my pc for it

but i am happy that i will keep using kb and mouse and not pay for multiplayer

can't wait to try it but i got to buy. decent power supply first mine with the case was 20 $ xD

On 18/06/2018 at 3:40 AM, a7mddiaa said:

i am planning to buy an xbox one x since gpu prices are going up 

so for those of you who switched from pc to xonex or have both

how worse is the experience 

is the controller latency very noticable?

after getting used to aim with controller were you able to be as good as with a mouse ?

After not playing on my PS4 since 2015, I went back to play with some old mates, the controller is pretty uncomfortable for me and paying for online is straight up bullshit, also the games are expensive as fuck.

Other then that it's the usual: Lower fps, worst graphics, bad voice chat(at least on PS4 party chat is still shit).

After a while, you'll get used to it but you'll definitely still remember all the things PC is better for. But hey at least you'll no longer have to deal with the windows blue screen.

4 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

the controller is pretty uncomfortable for me

give it some time, every "new Thing" needs some time Adjusting to it.

Doesn't mean the thing is bad, just that you're not used to it. Give it some time...

Its the same for me, whenever I didn't use one of the Controllers I have for a bit o time, it feels weird for a while. Its just the way humans are...

But if you know that you don't like different things, you can better deal with it and give yourself more time to adjust.

and paying for online is straight up bullshit, also the games are expensive as fuck.

...on both consoles...

And its +10€ with AAA titles, sometimes you don't pay a console premium, depends on the Publisher...

After a while, you'll get used to it but you'll definitely still remember all the things PC is better for.

Yeah, that's why I said that he should get the PC first, console is something for maybe eventually later if you want to play the games there are on...

Because you still have the PC for Discord/Mumble/Teamspeak for voice chat...

I always have a PC running next to my console for various reasons (mostly videos on video sites but also some chatting) 

But hey at least you'll no longer have to deal with the windows blue screen.

They still exist??

The last time I saw one I fucked something up - like increased some Overclocking.

Besides that I haven't seen one in years...