Selling computer parts online?

Where is the best place to sell computer parts online?

How do I figure out what a good price to sell parts at is?

Do I sell say a desktop as an entire component or as individual components?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

5 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

piece mealing it usually brings more but takes more time. Craigslist or here tho to sell.

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

23 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

The best place to sell is the place where people in your area typically buy things online. Some places are big on Craiglist, while others use Let Go. Meanwhile up here in west Canadian land, Kijiji and Used.ca are very popular.

A good price to sell the parts for would be whatever the going rate is for said parts, or whatever the lowest dollar you'll accept for the part would be.

Selling a full desktop with Windows installed and ready to go will be easier since the majority of people are not super tech savvy. You can always say "willing to part out components for the right price" on your ad too.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Craigslist or eBay.

Prices depend on what you're selling, maybe I can suggest some.

If I were you, I'd say in the description that you can either sell the whole thing or part it out (but give a small discount if they buy the whole thing).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Used.com

Never heard of it, is it any good?

Not related to this topic whatsoever :P

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Never heard of it, is it any good?

Not related to this topic whatsoever :P

Apologies, used.ca is the site. It's actually my favorite platform to use, since it's run by a local newspaper company, and is decently designed compared to Craigslist and Kijiji. It's only available in certain select Canadian cities though.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

13 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

That's where a good market prospection comes in to place. You need to strike a balance between selling the product fast enough and making a decent profit.

You need to know the recent events that are happening in the PC world (new part coming out, stock shortages etc.). Having a look at proces of similar components and how well they are being sold also helps a lot.

15 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

Where is the best place to sell computer parts online? ebay, craigslist, kijijijiji, local classifieds

How do I figure out what a good price to sell parts at is? research, look at sources just provided.

Do I sell say a desktop as an entire component or as individual components? depends

16 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

I'd argue Craiglist or whatever the equivalent of your local classifieds is your best bet. While eBay can be a nice avenue, you also have to hope you don't get a scammer who buys your item and no matter how well you pack it and send it, they claim it came defective and demand a refund. And eBay being eBay, they usually side with the consumer over the seller.

You can go with the average price you can find on say eBay or whatnot. But generally when I put up a starting price, I consider the following:

• How does it perform against other available hardware and the value of said hardware. This is the biggest one. For example, say I somehow have a like-new GTX 980 purchased at MSRP way back when (so about $550-$600). Considering a GTX 1060 6GB performs about the same, it makes no sense to set the starting price no higher than the GTX 1060's price.
  • How old it is
  • How much use it got
  • If it's still under warranty (though warranty transfers are usually non existent so I don't know how much of a point this makes)

I'd rather sell the entire unit because it's easier to get rid of everything. There's not a large market for used cases or power supplies. Though if someone wants to buy say the storage or video card, then that may be worth considering.

Depends on where you are really overhere would most likly be ebay or gumtree somepeople use fb for some reason or at work(just rock up to someone and say you wanna buy my pc lol) 

lives on

BAKABT

Depends where you live but selling old parts works really well on eBay.

On 14/06/2018 at 1:24 AM, Scruffy90 said:

LTT Classifieds is the easy way to sell your computer parts to educated and eager customers who appreciate the value of technology products :D. Okay now its time for the sponsorship jokes to stop xD.

But for real, LTT classifieds is good so long as your pricing is good. I've sold quite a few things on there.

eBay is good for laptops and things that are not very mainstream.

Usually if I'm unsure, I'll make a new thread and ask. And then use the general consensus as a starting point.

I'd say offer both as options.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),