i7 8750h - Power Limit Throttling - Low TDP Even though cooling is capable

5 hours ago, estalin avalos calle said:

con 16 se mejora el rendimiento con un modulo de ram el rendimiento disminuye notablenmete 

he leído que con 2 módulos de memoria el rendimiento se ve afectado, está en ese mismo post mas arriba

eso es mentira yo lo prove con un modulo de 8 y va muy mal en los juego . con dos mudulos de 8 funcina mejor trata de instalar el chipsep para mejorar el rendimiento tambien trata de instalar el (package ATK) que son los controladores de del ventilador que lo encuentras en la pagina de drivers de asus 

On 6/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, Pio Soesetio said:

I recently bought an ASUS TUF FX504 with an i7 8750h. The first time i ran cinebench (cpu) it has a 900+ score. Note that the first time i run cinebench i don't have any programs like intel xtu, throttlestop, cpuz, etc, just brand new out of the box with nothing installed. The next time i run it came out with only 750 ish score. I monitored the cpu and it was only running at 2.2 Ghz. This was n't caused by thermal throttling, because the cpu's temperatures were really low, only 55-60 celsius under full load. I opened intel xtu and noticed that it has a power limit throttling. And in throttlestop it shows that one of its limits is PL2. I tried undervolting the cache and the cpu core which resulted in an increase to the cpu frequency to 2.5-2.6 Ghz when running cinebench. Same case like before, thermals are not a problem, still hitting 55-60 celsius. Undervolting the cpu cache increases the cpu frequency, while the core clock doesn't do much, but i can only do it until a certain point. The power limit throttling is still there and i think it is the one that is causing the cpu frequency to be so low. Another thing that i noticed is that when the cpu is running all cores at 100% load, the pacakge tdp is only 25W despite the rated tdp at 45W. Changing the package power limit also didn't help. I changed it to 70W but it only reaches a max of 25W TDP when running cinebench. Btw, the cpu can still run up to 4 Ghz in daily tasks where the cpu load is pretty low. Please help me out. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture11.PNG

Capture11111.PNG

Capture123213.PNG

1123.PNG

12312321.PNG

1232142145.PNG

Capture.PNG

1231245124.PNG

Been exactly in your shoes even something massive and chunky like an alienware 17r5 only gets 3.2-3.5ghz after throttling.

puta la wea asus conchatumare vende puras weadas siempre solía ser usuario de acer casi nunca fallan,  pero esta asus tuf fx504 gm es una basura completa para jugar pero para aser render programas como autocad para eso si sirve pero para jugar no sirve 

For all of you wanting Asus to unlock the TDP restrictions, they did it a long time ago with their first BIOS version.

Asus usually only shows up the latest bios version available in their webpage but you can download their previous versions just by changing the name of the download link.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX504GM/FX504GMAS308.zip

For example this is the 308 BIOS version. Just by changing these 3 numbers you can download their previous releases.

I took the job of finding their first release and it is 201.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX504GM/FX504GMAS201.zip DOWNLOAD THIS ONE

I guess all of us bought this laptop with the 303 version and therefore the complaints. Now you just have to roll back but remember to first uninstall and disable the "System Firmware" driver in the device manager otherwise Windows will install the 303 version (or newer) again without asking you.

I'm attaching an image to show you guys the rivatuner readings when stressing my cpu.

But anyway it is pointless to unleash all the power of this laptop since it is only capable of consuming 150W (check your power brick specifications and laptop power input). Not enough for a I7-8750H + 1060 6GB, these two will compete for power and cause stuttering again while playing; the difference with the following BIOS releases is that the laptop throttles the cpu in any scenario.

The only way to go with this laptop is by undervolting both your CPU AND GPU. It will never reach its max potential when gaming. Moreover disabling the APM helped me a lot since Windows 10 aggressively parks the HDD constantly and this is another reason for the stuttering.

I recommend you that if you're going to undervolt install the 301 BIOS version. This gave me great results and stability despite only being capable of giving 25W.

If theres someone that has a 180W (or more) power brick adaptor please try and connect it to this laptop with the 201 version and see what happens. Thanks.

Apologies for my english.

Untitled.png

alguien sabe como se instala (asus install )es un programa que viene por defecto con la asus tuf fx504  gm 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:03 AM, Piero said:

For all of you wanting Asus to unlock the TDP restrictions, they did it a long time ago with their first BIOS version.

Asus usually only shows up the latest bios version available in their webpage but you can download their previous versions just by changing the name of the download link.

For example this is the 308 BIOS version. Just by changing these 3 numbers you can download their previous releases.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX504GM/FX504GMAS201.zip DOWNLOAD THIS ONE

I guess all of us bought this laptop with the 303 version and therefore the complaints. Now you just have to roll back but remember to first uninstall and disable the "System Firmware" driver in the device manager otherwise Windows will install the 303 version (or newer) again without asking you.

I'm attaching an image to show you guys the rivatuner readings when stressing my cpu.

But anyway it is pointless to unleash all the power of this laptop since it is only capable of consuming 150W (check your power brick specifications and laptop power input). Not enough for a I7-8750H + 1060 6GB, these two will compete for power and cause stuttering again while playing; the difference with the following BIOS releases is that the laptop throttles the cpu in any scenario.

The only way to go with this laptop is by undervolting both your CPU AND GPU. It will never reach its max potential when gaming. Moreover disabling the APM helped me a lot since Windows 10 aggressively parks the HDD constantly and this is another reason for the stuttering.

I recommend you that if you're going to undervolt install the 301 BIOS version. This gave me great results and stability despite only being capable of giving 25W.

If theres someone that has a 180W (or more) power brick adaptor please try and connect it to this laptop with the 201 version and see what happens. Thanks.

Untitled.png

Does this also apply for the FX 504GD?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, Combuh said:

I will try this on the Asus FX 504 GD with the 1050 graphics card and the i5 8300H

hello there, did it worked?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the original 180W asus power supply (19.5V 9.23A) for my fx504gm and
 nothing has changed tdp using gpu and cpu is 25w for cpu and graphics clock 
is reduced. Maximum power consumption also unchanged when playing at peak 135w 
and usually around 100-120w. Bios 308.

15 hours ago, estalin avalos calle said:

la bios esta bloqueda a 25 tdp asi le pongas una de 240 w  cargador el resultado sera el mismo 

un cambio de bios resuelve el problema? he visto opiniones opuestas al respecto.

saludos

On 12/4/2019 at 3:21 PM, droppoll said:

I bought the original 180W asus power supply (19.5V 9.23A) for my fx504gm and
 nothing has changed tdp using gpu and cpu is 25w for cpu and graphics clock 
is reduced. Maximum power consumption also unchanged when playing at peak 135w 
and usually around 100-120w. Bios 308.

May I ask, did you ever try installing BIOS 201 with this power supply? I'm thinking of getting a 180W power supply.

Thanks!

On 11/4/2019 at 2:03 AM, Piero said:

Untitled.png

Hi,

First of all thank you so much for your research, super helpful.

When testing BIOS 201 would it be ideal to disable all undervolting? (I don't have a 180W brick yet but just asking)

Thanks again!

EDIT: I installed BIOS 201 with my 150W brick (FX504GM btw) and my cpu is still stuck at 25W in Jedi: Fallen Order. Used HWiNFO64 to show gpu power draw and its 50-75W.

This applies with undervolt on both GPU and CPU, on only one of them, and on neither. Any ideas? Is this because I only have a 150W brick? Will attach any requested screenshots/files.

EDIT 2: The other day I measured the CPU drawing 45W in a game(JFO), and GPU was restricted to ~45W also. I really have no idea how this happened or how to reproduce it.... but this indicates that it should be possible I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates? Has anyone solved this issue yet? I have the Asus FX504GM and am experiencing what I think is the same CPU Power throttling with my computer hard freezing when playing games at random times.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:09 PM, Total_Havok said:

Any updates? Has anyone solved this issue yet? I have the Asus FX504GM and am experiencing what I think is the same CPU Power throttling with my computer hard freezing when playing games at random times.

Try this:

(1) Disable Intel XTU if you have it.

(2) Download ThrottleStop (from the forum link here)

(3) Click the "FIVR" button (you can undervolt here, but that's not the focus of this post)

(4) Look at "Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits". Click "Install", and follow the instructions.

(5) When you're done, start ThrottleStop again and check the box.

After doing this, my power limit issues disappeared, though I will warn you that it also disabled my thermal throttling as well (Not sure if it's just me...) it doesn't

Also, if you would like to set your own power limits (or you might have to raise them after my steps still) increase the long boost power max and the short boost power max. If you would like to increase turbo time, you can do that too. There are a few million things you can do (maybe 2 or 3 million configurations... I digress) with ThrottleStop, and you'll have to figure that out yourself.

(i swear i'm not a shill for unclewebb, by the way I use an i7-7500u in my notebook)

yo encontré la solución; no me pregunten pendejadas de pawer limit o tpl solo apliquelo y ya ok : y si no les gusta jodanse mientras goso en jugar a 1080 todo en ultra sin  estutering 100 % REAL no fakers ..... primero si te encuentras en la bios 308  regresar ala bios 307 

1. descarga e instala windou 10 nuevo cuando estés en el inicio no actives el wifi Y DESACTIVA EN LA CONFIGURACION LAS ACTUALISACIONES AUTOMATICAS no agas la pendejada de desactivar windou update desde servicios .

2. descargue DRIVERS  desde otra pc , (chipsep, drivers de intel drivers de envidia y LAM  Y BIOS 308 controladores de ventilacion ATAK ) TODO DESDE LA MISMA PAGINA DE ASUS  en un USB . repito no te conectes al wifi la cochadesumadre. 

3 vamos a proceder a instalar primero el chipsep pendejos. 

2 primero instalación de drivers de intel y luego segundo instalacion de    drivers de envidia 

4 instalacion de LAM  Y CONTROLADOR DE VENTIALCION Y TECLADO ATK 

5 una ves instaldo todo lo anterior recien puedes conettarte al  wifi  porfavor solo desactiven en configuración las actualizaciones no actulisen windou quédense con lo principal .

6 bien a qui empieza la magia hijos de su madre , primero van a actualizar desde( administrador de dispositivo ala vercion 308 de la bios ) les quedaraa instalado la bercion 308  bueno aora pasamos al paso

7 que es entrar al administrador de dispositvio y dirigirse a firware de sistema luego propiedades luego controlador . (ponen revertir controlador anterior ) y les quedara asi vercion de controlador:  100183621   

569390904_Sinttulo.thumb.png.09e9f1b3fb2258059c72c8dcc6b90599.png

ultimo paso espero que aigan entendido los que mas manejan pc supongon que entendieron mejor : ultimo paso desde usb limpio instalacion desde usb  la bios 308 manualmente y listo todo esta completamente arreglado no tienen que aser undervilting ni mierdas de esas asi tendria que ser el rendimiento de su asus tuf fx504 gm : i5 8300h gtx1060 con 16 de ram caracteristicas de mi notebook gamer . link de rendimiento de mi notebook link de rendimiento de mi notebook https://youtu.be/jhu_avARRbM 

• 2 weeks later...
What do you think of faster memories up to i7 8750h. Currently I have 16gb 2666 MHz cl 19. I think about Ripjaws 16gb 3000MHz CL16 or Kingston HyperX 16GB 3200MHz CL20

Hello guys I have the same problem too

Something new with old bios like 201? Because i would like to try it if it works.

hello guys, i buy 180w and install bios 201, than press f1 f2 f8 f9 and unlock all options in bios. And yeah 180w doesn't help

gtkI51KdeyY.jpg

Xa9_IZnWVnE.jpg

1 hour ago, redjy said:

hello guys, i buy 180w and install bios 201, than press f1 f2 f8 f9 and unlock all options in bios. And yeah 180w doesn't help

gtkI51KdeyY.jpg

Xa9_IZnWVnE.jpg

como desbloqueaste esa opcciones 

10 minutes ago, estalin avalos calle said:

como desbloqueaste esa opcciones 

press f8   (bios 201)