i7 8750h - Power Limit Throttling - Low TDP Even though cooling is capable

On 8/12/2020 at 8:24 AM, dhruv510 said:

Bios 310 includes a security patch for intel chips and it disables undervolting and underclocking .

Downgrade ahoy ! 308 flashes fine from BIOS menu

Hey, guys, I see no one's been unlock 25W. Now i at 308 bios. What's good on 310? 

What is even worse now is the new BIOS 310 keeps trying to reflash each time I reboot the laptop. This is becoming frustrating as it stops Throttlestop settings

https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/how-do-i-stop-my-bios-from-updating-itself-automatically.472024/

Edit - so I've included the steps in the above thread on how to stop the automatic firmware flash.

Just came here again to say that opening the laptop and disconnecting the battery fixed the random freezings. It's been almost a month without any issues. My laptop model is FX504GM. I don't know if I reconnect the battery the problem will be back again so I'm justing using it this way.

Thanks to the guy who found this workaround

• 1 month later...

on bios 319 
cinebench score <700 :(
with max peformance & tubo boost on
please somebody help 
i want to milk this machine to its fullest for 2-3 years at least until i buy new machine myself 😛

fx504gd
any advices suggestions are welcome 

Screenshot 2020-10-17 162608.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys here is my solution to the problem of laptop running at 25 watts when both cpu and gpu are at full load:

1) Make sure you under-volt you laptop to at least -125(this worked for my laptop)

2) Use Ultimate performance mode in power options (tutorials on how to do it can be found online )

3)overclock your GPU to +100 in MSI after burner

4)Lock your frequency at 825v by pressing CTRL+L on the frequency voltage curve in after burner and hit apply

Worked for me!

I think this problem is occurring because of the weak 120 watts powerbrick that is shipped with the laptop which can barely provide enough juice for both cpu and gpu

doing this will lower the gpu performance by like 15-20% but the cpu will now boost higher.

This can be used for cpu intensive games

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Asus tuf fx504gm (i7 8750h, GTX 1060, 8gb ram) and the wifi stops working while playing games. The wifi works fine while doing other tasks but it only stops working while using the nvidia GPU. When I use the intel GPU for gaming the wifi works fine. But while gaming with the nvidia GPU the wifi gets disabled after like 5 minutes of gaming. And when I check the device manager its shows a yellow triangle in the wifi driver. My wifi driver is Intel AC 9650. I did everything I can. Updated and reinstalled the wifi drivers, nvidia drivers, updated to the latest BIOS version. And I even tried reinstalling windows. But nothing seem to work.

Does anyone experience the same issue that I'm having??

• 1 year later...

sry to revive this but i feel many people will get beneficied with this, after a really long time searching and dont found nothing ii finally fixed the 25w cap you have to update the bios to 313 (in tuf504gm variant with i7 8750h and 1060) and the cap will be fixed but u will loose the ability to underclock, so to recover it and do a decent underclock (this is necesary to avoid 25w cap) you have to follow this guide :

when you finish with it then last step is to underclock both cpu and gpu (you have to find best values for you, for me is cpu -135 and gpu -200) doing all that the cap should dissapear (if the cap still appearing lock gpu to 750mv (with underclock is close to default frecuency like 1400 mhz but cpu will have enough energy) 

cpu.png

• 3 months later...

Hello friend, could you explain how you did the steps I have an fx504gm but the version i5, gtx1060, bios 313, but the truth is that I do not understand the guide that you attached, if you can help me please (sorry my English is too bad).

• 1 month later...
I am asking you to download the unlocked bios 313 to fx504gm i7 and gtx 1060

• 10 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, kUMI99 said:

Hello friend, could you explain how you did the steps I have an fx504gm but the version i5, gtx1060, bios 313, but the truth is that I do not understand the guide that you attached, if you can help me please (sorry my English is too bad).

Please tell me when find the solution, I have the same laptop as you.

Q: I have another problem which is: When I play GTA V for example for less than an hour, the laptop do a (Hard Shutdown)
It is not a temp issue it is about power, my question is Do you face the same problem? and does doing what they did (The UnderVolting) will help me ?