1060 for weird motherboard

Froody129

HI all.

I'm building a second rig for my brother. I currently have a 680 DCu2 (the absolutely massive 3-slot one) that I was going to put in there but it didn't fit... There was a cap next to the PCIe slot that was touching the cooler and turning it on there was smoke so I don't really want to try that again... Everything still works though.

So I'm looking for a 1060 3gb that has a decent standoff from the motherboard. Cheaper is better and I was looking at the 1060 SC specifically, but I can't find dimensions that show standoff from motherboard.

Motherboard is a DH67 from an old Dell XPS

below are pictures of the board.

Spoiler

IMG_2864.thumb.JPG.aa8b4d3009c293da2ef43cedcb7d10d7.JPGIMG_2866.thumb.JPG.134034278d6f29fa35ea964af8e7bfab.JPGIMG_2865.thumb.JPG.0e8ac9108db22a9a9d239f259d02ba63.JPG

That's an F in the profile pic

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

6.8 x 1.5 x 4.38 inches LxWxH

Is this including the PCIe plug or just the cooler? 

20 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's what amazon lists as the product dimensions for the 3GB SC.  I'd assume it's for the whole card.

I found more detailed dimensions but I'm not sure about the coolers themselves. Maybe the retailer will let me try a card in the PC...

Could you consider aftermarket cooling? I have an Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II on my 1060 and the body of the cooler is considerably offset compared to the stock cooler giving more clearance above the PCIe tab

IMG_20180527_000606441_LL~2.jpg