Apple's support for the iMac Pro is below par, according to Quinn Nelson

D13H4RD
4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

A lot of it comes down to luck -- like any customer support.

the 1st PC I got had a lot of problems and it was a dell. 

the tower was like a piece of shit. 

the monitor I still use it until today. And i bought the whole thing at 2005. 

that is one long lasting monitor I got. 

then the other monitor I got was a S2340L , best 1080p monitor I have ever got. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

on a side note... I just went to apple store and replaced my 2017 macbook pro's keyboard. 

LOL. 

And the new ones are not as sticky as the old ones when the machine is heating, and I can even say that it is not sticky at all. 

Not just the key that was originally stuck, but the whole keyboard is not getting stuck when the machine is under 100% fan speed. (a.k.a pretty hot)

Hopefully this can last me for a long time. 

Interesting, I haven't noticed that on my 2016 13" MBP. But tbf I am very analy retentive towards my MacBook Pro. 

I also haven't really tried out a 2017 model but according to iFixit the only physical change between the 2016 and 2017 keyboards was a small bit of plastic to keep crap out from under the keyboard switch mechanisms. 

Regardless my nTB 13" qualifies for a free battery (and therefore a replacement 2017 Keyboard and top case) replacement so I'll be getting a 2017 Keyboard eventually. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

it's his own fault, shouldn't have both this cheap crappy Chinese brands with crappy support and untrained employees.

Next time buy quality, i suggest Apple, i hear they are expensive but have good quality and excellent support 

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Interesting, I haven't noticed that on my 2016 13" MBP. But tbf I am very analy retentive towards my MacBook Pro. 

I also haven't really tried out a 2017 model but according to iFixit the only physical change between the 2016 and 2017 keyboards was a small bit of plastic to keep crap out from under the keyboard switch mechanisms. 

Regardless my nTB 13" qualifies for a free battery (and therefore a replacement 2017 Keyboard and top case) replacement so I'll be getting a 2017 Keyboard eventually. 

Y key got stuck and mushy. Then they said : "replace whole keyboard" I nodded. Simple as that. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

the 1st PC I got had a lot of problems and it was a dell. 

the tower was like a piece of shit. 

the monitor I still use it until today. And i bought the whole thing at 2005. 

that is one long lasting monitor I got. 

then the other monitor I got was a S2340L , best 1080p monitor I have ever got. 

Interestingly my secondary monitor is a dell 17" from 2005ish. I got it with a Dell inspiron 530 that I got free through school. Cant complain at all. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240