Compact Mid-Tower Suggestions

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
On 5/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, ZakierB said:

Haha yeah, if the Meshify was sold here, I'd have picked it up ages ago already, but  looks like the P350X is my next best bet...so far.

The only thing I would suggest would be to get an extra case fan, possibly two to get some extra airflow. The side vents are well positioned to allow all but the most "optimal" airflow 

I'm looking to get a new compact mid-tower case for my PC (Currently have an old basic case).

My PC Specs:

• CPU : 4790K
  • CPU Cooler : MSI Core Frozr L (Push/Pull)
  • Motherboard : MSI Z97 Gaming 5
  • GPU : MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming

Important case features:

• Black
  • TG Side Panel
  • Decent Airflow
  • Watercooling/Radiator support doesn't matter to me as I have no plans to go that route
  • Budget is $100 (willing to push a bit higher if there's something really good)

Cases I've found (My Thoughts):

• Corsair 275R (TG Mounting :|)
  • Corsair 460X (Sexiest case imo, but bit over my budget and read that cable management is terrible)
  • NZXT H500 (successor to S340 Elite? but airflow looks like it's still a problem)
  • NZXT S340 Elite (4 USB Ports!)
  • Phanteks P350X (decent airflow perhaps?)
  • Phanteks P400S

What do you guys think? Any other cases to recommend perhaps?

PS. Don't bother mentioning the Meshify C (Fractal isn't sold in my country :() or the Enthoo Pro M (only SE version sold here).

-Moved to Cases and Power Supplies-

The S340 airflow isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, I haven't had any problems with it(I have 2x120mm fans installed in the front as intake). I really like the look of the H500 personally. The P400S has garbage airflow(unless I'm confusing with the Enthoo Elite).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The Phanteks P350X looks awesome in my eye's, possibly my next case. I have owned a P300 in the past, build quality was on point and it looked great.

That P350X though, stunning.

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to Cases and Power Supplies-

The S340 airflow isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, I haven't had any problems with it(I have 2x120mm fans installed in the front as intake). I really like the look of the H500 personally. The P400S has garbage airflow(unless I'm confusing with the Enthoo Elite).

I know what you mean, they not stellar, but they are ok, I was actually about to pull the trigger and go for it, until I saw the Phanteks P350X and NZXT H500 both came out this week.

Seems the H500's temps are worse off than the S340 Elite, I just read this review: https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340

27 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

The Phanteks P350X looks awesome in my eye's, possibly my next case. I have owned a P300 in the past, build quality was on point and it looked great.

So far it looks like the winner for me, seems like it has the best balance of price, temps and looks, but I watched HardwareCanucks' review of it and, although he likes, he does mention some drawbacks, that's why I'm just scouting around a bit first

5 minutes ago, ZakierB said:

So far it looks like the winner for me, seems like it has the best balance of price, temps and looks, but I watched HardwareCanucks' review of it and, although he likes, he does mention some drawbacks, that's why I'm just scouting around a bit first

Yeah i did see that,  still, it's the only case released in the last 12 months that made me think about changing my P7-C1.

2 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Yeah i did see that,  still, it's the only case released in the last 12 months that made me think about changing my P7-C1.

Why not the Meshify C? From what I read on forums, seems like hands-down the best compact mid-tower for airflow, If it was sold in my country, I'd have picked it up ages ago

Can you import a Meshify C from USA?

Otherwise the 275R is pretty nice, stupid glass mount aside

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, ZakierB said:

Why not the Meshify C? From what I read on forums, seems like hands-down the best compact mid-tower for airflow, If it was sold in my country, I'd have picked it up ages ago

Airflow on the P7-C1 is hard to beat, any case i pick may be worse..lol..   The Meshify C is a little overpriced i think and in the hand it doesn't feel as high quality as the Phanteks.

9 hours ago, ZakierB said:

I'm looking to get a new compact mid-tower case for my PC (Currently have an old basic case).

My PC Specs:

• CPU : 4790K
  • CPU Cooler : MSI Core Frozr L (Push/Pull)
  • Motherboard : MSI Z97 Gaming 5
  • GPU : MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming

Important case features:

• Black
  • TG Side Panel
  • Decent Airflow
  • Watercooling/Radiator support doesn't matter to me as I have no plans to go that route
  • Budget is $100 (willing to push a bit higher if there's something really good)

Cases I've found (My Thoughts):

• Corsair 275R (TG Mounting :|)
  • Corsair 460X (Sexiest case imo, but bit over my budget and read that cable management is terrible)
  • NZXT H500 (successor to S340 Elite? but airflow looks like it's still a problem)
  • NZXT S340 Elite (4 USB Ports!)
  • Phanteks P350X (decent airflow perhaps?)
  • Phanteks P400S

What do you guys think? Any other cases to recommend perhaps?

PS. Don't bother mentioning the Meshify C (Fractal isn't sold in my country :() or the Enthoo Pro M (only SE version sold here).

I have 4 P400 cases in my household right now.  What I can tell you is the airflow isn't bad but it isn't great.  But if you can set your fans up correctly its actually workable.  After all...one of the systems is an AMD 8300FX setup that is mildly oc'd on a noctua air cooler.  Has 3 fans in front, 2 fans on the CPU Cooler, 2 fans on top of the case, 1 rear fan and the psu is being used as an exhaust.  The GPU is an AMD Radeon RX480 4gb that is also OC'd a bit.  Temps have been fine and no major issues.

But if I were to choose right now its that new Phanteks P350X.  That is one sexy case that has improved front airflow over the P400.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Check out in win 303 c because it has USB c Black and RGB. Airflow isn’t the best but it is usauble. 

18 hours ago, ZakierB said:

Image result for nooooo

South America is the Worst

P350x seems pretty solid

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

15 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Can you import a Meshify C from USA?

Otherwise the 275R is pretty nice, stupid glass mount aside

Importing cases is ridiculously expensive due to their size :( I really liked the what I saw from HardwareCanucks' review of it, but the glass mounting and those bright white light sides are hard to ignore

10 hours ago, Zusafek said:

I have 4 P400 cases in my household right now.  What I can tell you is the airflow isn't bad but it isn't great.  But if you can set your fans up correctly its actually workable.  After all...one of the systems is an AMD 8300FX setup that is mildly oc'd on a noctua air cooler.  Has 3 fans in front, 2 fans on the CPU Cooler, 2 fans on top of the case, 1 rear fan and the psu is being used as an exhaust.  The GPU is an AMD Radeon RX480 4gb that is also OC'd a bit.  Temps have been fine and no major issues.

But if I were to choose right now its that new Phanteks P350X.  That is one sexy case that has improved front airflow over the P400.

Isn't negative air pressure bad? (not too knowledgeable on that)  The store that sells Phanteks told me I should just go for 2x140 front intake and 1x120 rear exhaust for positive pressure, and not fill the top slots :/

5 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

@ZakierB , totally forgot about INWIN,  The 101 and 303 are reasonably priced and look damn fine!

5 hours ago, Jcald01 said:

Check out in win 303 c because it has USB c Black and RGB. Airflow isn’t the best but it is usauble. 

I looked at the 303C, really liked it, especially with the USB Type-C, but when I watched a review of it, I saw that it's not well suited wit hATX motherboards due to the bottom fans almost blocking the ports.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Image result for nooooo

South America is the Worst

P350x seems pretty solid

Haha yeah, if the Meshify was sold here, I'd have picked it up ages ago already, but  looks like the P350X is my next best bet...so far.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, ZakierB said:

The only thing I would suggest would be to get an extra case fan, possibly two to get some extra airflow. The side vents are well positioned to allow all but the most "optimal" airflow 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 5/25/2018 at 4:37 PM, TVwazhere said:

The only thing I would suggest would be to get an extra case fan, possibly two to get some extra airflow. The side vents are well positioned to allow all but the msot "optimal" airflow 

Thanks, after browsing around a bit more, I decided to go for it, along with the fans and some other goodies :P 

Looking forward to getting everything in the next week. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 2:16 PM, glenalz81 said:

this case is impossible to get through I ordered it through new egg and then they refunded me saying they didn't even know when they were getting more in

1 hour ago, mattjax12 said:

this case is impossible to get through I ordered it through new egg and then they refunded me saying they didn't even know when they were getting more in

Where are you located?

Thought I'd update you guys with some pics, after getting my case and getting everything moved over, my PC is now complete...for now :P

3Vcv05Q.jpg

7hl50hC.jpg

s15N2fn.jpg

xA9BnaN.jpg

LPXTzGQ.jpg

Note that the front and side panel LED strips are RGB and have a few modes with the controls on the case (I just chose red to go with my other parts).

Also, if you plan the to place the case on the desk right next to you, like I did, the fans will be quite audible due to the mesh sides on the front cover.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase considering it's budget price, it's quality is solid, imo it's a good looking case and my CPU temp has considerably dropped compared to when it was in my old, basic Cooler Master K281, but GPU temps have remained more or less the same (granted, the K281 had a side-mounted exhaust fan right next to the GPU).

Building in it was easy enough, the only problem you'll face is that the space in the PSU area is a bit tight for all the cables.