[FIXED] WI-FI FREEZES every 5 MINUETS!

Cyguns

Recently I got this problem where my WI-FI would just freeze up every once in awhile. Windows would sometimes say no internet connection and I would be able to fix it using the troubleshooter. When It doesn't show up, I would need to re-enable WI-FI to get a connection again. I tried resetting my router but that didn't work. This makes it impossible to play games. Please help!

6 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

Recently I got this problem where my WI-FI would just freeze up every once in awhile. Windows would sometimes say no internet connection and I would be able to fix it using the troubleshooter. When It doesn't show up, I would need to re-enable WI-FI to get a connection again. I tried resetting my router but that didn't work. This makes it impossible to play games. Please help!

have you changed any settings? and if you cant fix it does it do this when your using a ethernet cable?

2 minutes ago, BrandonKHarris said:

have you changed any settings? and if you cant fix it does it do this when your using a ethernet cable?

I haven't changed any router settings other than DNS, channel, and security mode. I never tried using a ethernet cable.

Just now, Cyguns said:

I haven't changed any router settings other than DNS, channel, and security mode. I never tried using a ethernet cable.

try using the default dns then

Just now, Cyguns said:

if that doesnt work try everthing as default and if that works turn the things back on until you find out what the problem is

1 minute ago, BrandonKHarris said:

try using the default dns then

Okay.

1 minute ago, BrandonKHarris said:

if that doesnt work try everthing as default and if that works turn the things back on until you find out what the problem is

Okay. I'll try.

Are you sure you're wifi is freezing... or the wifi card in your computer? Have you tried another wifi device and is it too dropping connection?

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

3 minutes ago, ltguy said:

Are you sure you're wifi is freezing... or the wifi card in your computer? Have you tried another wifi device and is it too dropping connection?

That may be the issue but I haven't checked.

Have you restarted your router/modem? You probably have if you've been changing settings but it's worth mentioning.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

Just now, ThatFlashCat said:

Have you restarted your router/modem? You probably have if you've been changing settings but it's worth mentioning.

I already have.

13 minutes ago, BrandonKHarris said:

it may take time to figure it out 

Yeah.

Just now, Cyguns said:

I already have.

So sorry, I didn't catch that line. In that case, keep trying what others have suggested. :)

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

5 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

So sorry, I didn't catch that line. In that case, keep trying what others have suggested. :)

No problem. Okay!

Would also suggest checking what channels your WIFI is using. If your neighbors are broadcasting on the same channel, it can cause interruptions to your signal. 

Also, if it's a 2.4ghz WIFI signal, that wireless spectrum is smaller and more congested than the 5ghz spectrum. So a change in router may be beneficial. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 5:12 AM, DogKnight said:

Would also suggest checking what channels your WIFI is using. If your neighbors are broadcasting on the same channel, it can cause interruptions to your signal. 

Also, if it's a 2.4ghz WIFI signal, that wireless spectrum is smaller and more congested than the 5ghz spectrum. So a change in router may be beneficial. 

I tried but Its fine now. Thanks!