ASUS Killing AREZ brand? ROG is Back? *UPDATED ARTICLE*

21 hours ago, mr moose said:

I have read everything you have posted.  I am simply saying you have an opinion and that is fine.  But to claim it is anything other than an opinion is not.   You  have gone from the why's to insinuating there is some sort of ownership of ROG by AMD because they invested in it.  Doesn't work that  way, The only company that owns and can decide what to do with the ROG brand is Asus.  So you are either claiming Nvidia did something illegal and used their market power to force Asus to give it to them or you are claiming that Asus had no right to align it with nvidia because feelings about AMD.  Either way it is just an opinion.

My opinion (which is just an opinion based on my perception alone) is that Nvidia can demand brand alignment with their product if they want,  they can't force which brands are aligned  (that would be illegal), but they can force an exclusivity clause for their Brand.  

It's not my fault if you want to have a different discussion.  I have and only ever have been discussing the reasons behind such programs as GPP,  why they exist and why it is important to understand these things before making absolute claims about legality, cost or even ethical/moral motivations.   This is the discussion I have been having from the start.

If you are not going to read my posts or even try to understand my postiti9oon then stop posting:

For the last time. I am not drawing conclusions.  I have not said it is good or bad, I have simply said there is no evidence to make such claims.

I'm sorry you don't understand it.  But it won't change just becasue you don't like it.

No one understands their motiviations for this, they backed down so quickly it could have been for many reasons.   FFS again, my point is no one has the information to draw a conclusion or make claims about this.

How do you know that when you don't even know what the contracts stated or what the market would have looked like with it?

Too many why's and no actual facts.  You can ask just as many questions that lead to whatever conclusion you want, but without knowing the contracts or understanding how the market would have shifted under those contracts we are all just guessing.

Again I am not dismissing it as anything, I am addressing only what we know and the fact that there is a difference between opinion and fact.   Claiming it cost lots of money, or was going to harm the market irreversibly is as unfounded as claiming it would be good for the market or was going to have no effect. 

It's only big on forums and amongst enthusiasts like us,  you don't know when it happens in other industries because you don't care about the product or are as involved in said communities. People are up in arms about this sort of thing all the time.   Also what you are claiming here is an argumentum ad populum.  (lots of people disagree therefore it must be wrong)

I have already addressed this.  Of course it existed, why would you think it didn't?  what planet have you been on to think the existence of GPP is even up for debate?  They canned it, why? who knows.  bad PR is the first reason that comes to my mind, the second is that it wasn't worth it. Again it's just as likely they canned it because it was of so little consequence that it wasn't worth the bad pr as canning it for any other conceived reason.

No one said it came out of nowhere.  Why are you starting to argue against things that were never said?

if you can;t say anything without ladling in the insults then don't bother saying anything at all, it simply undermines your integrity and calls into question your motivation.

Like the chapter you linked: a whole lot of fluff without saying much.

You're free to not respond. This isn't exactly an interrogation.

It's basically you shutting down debate and being more vague than Mark Zuckerberg at his hearings.

Your posts are a lesson in contradiction but let's leave that be. I can already imagine the impotent fury.

We're arguing based on leaked information, Nvidia's public statements, actions and statements from board vendors and AMD, the articles written by tech journalists and their talks with sources and finally actions by Nvidia. If this isn't good enough, nothing ever will be because that's all we're gonna get. There has been a refusal to publish the GPP details in full and that's because of the risk of being exposed for leaking information. If the documents were leaked in full Nvidia will know who did it. It's very likely the documents signed by each are unique in some form making it identifiable in some way (if not just straight up watermarked). You're arguing based on the idea that all that information is untrustworthy, inaccurate or even wrong.

If you dismiss all the evidence just like that then it's pointless to carry on. Otherwise it'll be like arguing with a flat-earther: no matter what I say it'll never be enough. Leadeater also brought a lot of valid points but it's also dismissed.

That's it for me. You do you. Enough of figuratively playing chess with a pigeon.

21 hours ago, pas008 said:

so before recently they could make distinguishing mobo and gpu products but now they cant?

sounds like you have never done tech support, cause I can tell you many gamers dont have a clue what they have they just play and know they have "gamer"

you know I could link many gamer/tech sites where people are having issues not knowing what they have but know they bought some gamer brand

you dont have the concept of piggypacking from competitor stand point

review comes out of asus rog strix 1080 is the best card out there 2yrs ago

rog strix amd gamer cards get that recognition also which is the piggyback how hard is that to understand

now if nvidia wants to show case rog strix product or gaming x product

amd gets the gamer brand showcase also

sounds like piggybacking to me

hence what sounded like what gpp was intenting to me for 3rd party day one releases but nope liberal whine on a sub brand that really doesnt mean shit if they so easily sounded off on the sub brand

but the bad whine also was enough for people to give bad pr to cancel gpp

I just looked up three different 1080 Ti cards. They look different. Similar but different. It's the aesthetic the majority want. As I said: coolers today follow the same patterns because how many different coolers can you possibly come up with for a dual or triple slot card? It's the size, the number of fans, the colors and the shroud you have to play with mostly. Vendors have small or big differences in those categories. Can you link something from different vendors that look identical or nearly identical?

I'll repeat: things auto-update today. If you go to manually install a driver without knowing what you're doing then you're begging for trouble.

Someone who doesn't know what they're doing has no business building a PC. They should buy a ROG pre-built and then have access to all Asus' resources including auto update software. I can't imagine what scenario would prompt someone to go about manually installing a driver without calling Asus support first if they've bought a Asus ROG PC.

If that's your idea of piggybacking then everyone piggybacks off each other and then ROG should be removed as a brand because sharing a brand is now off the table. ROG is a brand spanning a multiple categories. Here's the ROG page5b05783a2a702_Skrmbillede2018-05-23kl_16_18_03.png.52049ca2e3612e917cd2fe9d9128f69c.png

Good luck with sorting out who piggybacks off whom.

And what's with the whole liberal whine thing? It makes no sense in this context or any context for that matter. 

You're essentially saying that Nvidia is the mastermind behind the strength of the ROG brand and therefore have dibs on it but then what about Intel? Or even Asus themselves? Or is it just about the graphics card category? If so, is your basis for saying that AMD gets undue credit is that their market share is lower or is it something else? Are you saying AMD is dead weight for the ROG brand? If so, why didn't Asus drop them off immediately prior to any notion of GPP.

Also what's your basis for saying someone is buying an AMD card based on the review of a 1080 review from 2 years ago? Why wouldn't they just buy that exact card? 

Either way, as I said to the other guy: if the GPP was merely understood Nvidia has had plenty opportunity and many ways to solve it OTHER than canceling it outright. The pressure has had to be immense for them to not just fix it and not just from bad PR. That's a lame excuse.

12 minutes ago, pas008 said:

for starters not signing wasnt even close to suicide for asus how much revenue/profits does asus have compared to nvidia? lol wow

what actions did not match the terms? plz explain? aligning a brand for them exlusively? allocation? oh wait they already do this

same song and dance over with all you guilty until proven innocent fanboys

its not their gaming brand but it was asus's/msi's/etc to do what they want with it

but but they were blackmailed, well where is the evidence? allocation but they can already do that like stated

its anticompetitive but they arent blocking any amd sales in anyway not like intel forcing oem/etc to not sell amd products

its anticonsumer but aligning their products(even though they have some messed up models but thats everywhere) is bad for consumers or fact be easier to have 3rd party coolers on release day?

You keep ignoring the main arguments being raised. This is the GPP statement in full which is literally all the information we got about it from Nvidia:

In our latest effort to better serve gamers, we’re introducing our GeForce Partner Program.

The GPU and software of a gaming PC make all the difference in a gamer’s experience. And together with our add-in card and system partners, we’re dedicated to building the best PC gaming platform bar-none – this is the GeForce promise.

The GeForce Partner Program is designed to ensure that gamers have full transparency into the GPU platform and software they’re being sold, and can confidently select products that carry the NVIDIA GeForce promise.

This transparency is only possible when NVIDIA brands and partner brands are consistent. So the new program means that we’ll be promoting our GPP partner brands across the web, on social media, at events and more. And GPP partners will get early access to our latest innovations, and work closely with our engineering team to bring the newest technologies to gamers.

Partners are signing up, fast. They see the benefit of keeping brands and communication consistent and transparent.

The program isn’t exclusive. Partners continue to have the ability to sell and promote products from anyone. Partners choose to sign up for the program, and they can stop participating any time. There’s no commitment to make any monetary payments or product discounts for being part of the program.

GPP ensures our engineering and marketing efforts support brands consumers associate with GeForce. That transparency will give gamers the confidence needed to make their purchase, whichever products they choose.

All it does is say that transparency is the main goal repeatedly whilst also saying that the program isn't exclusive. This should mean that the terms should be the same for all the partners, contrary to what you stated. So explain to me this. Why is it that Nvidia chose to keep silent and then finally axe the program if there was no ill intent? They could just as easily have exonerated themselves?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

3 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Like the chapter you linked: a whole lot of fluff without saying much.

You're free to not respond. This isn't exactly an interrogation.

I just find it hilarious (and I have the right to laugh, don't I?) that you link something you read at school to preach like you have the ultimate truth when you apparently don't understand that it doesn't cover this scenario at all and that you've misinterpreted your own textbook. It covers the situation prior to GPP, not after. I think you should re-read your book from cover to cover and get back to me. It would probably help a lot.

If you just want to say "we don't know anything" or "we don't know enough" then just say that and stop with the fluff. We're allowed to discuss what we know or think we know without you going "achshuaaallly!!!" and then being blatantly off target to boot.

Because this is what it boils down to: if we don't know, you don't know. If you don't know you can't argue a single point; your argument is basically "you're wrong". Yet you try to argue anyway. It's basically you shutting down debate saying "you can't do that, you don't know that, we just don't know" but using a lot of silly arguments to say something so simple. You're more vague than Mark Zuckerberg at his hearings. That's actually a pretty good comparison to how I perceive you. Let's stick with that going forward.

Your posts are a lesson in contradiction but let's leave that be. I can already imagine the impotent fury.

We're arguing based on leaked information, Nvidia's public statements, actions and statements from board vendors and AMD, the articles written by tech journalists and their talks with sources and finally actions by Nvidia. If this isn't good enough, nothing ever will be because that's all we're gonna get. There has been a refusal to publish the GPP details in full and that's because of the risk of being exposed for leaking information. If the documents were leaked in full Nvidia will know who did it. It's very likely the documents signed by each are unique in some form making it identifiable in some way (if not just straight up watermarked). You're arguing based on the idea that all that information is untrustworthy, inaccurate or even wrong.

If you dismiss all the evidence just like that then it's pointless to carry on. Otherwise it'll be like arguing with a flat-earther: no matter what I say it'll never be enough. Leadeater also brought a lot of valid points but it's also dismissed.

I just looked up three different 1080 Ti cards. They look different. Similar but different. It's the aesthetic the majority want. As I said: coolers today follow the same patterns because how many different coolers can you possibly come up with for a dual or triple slot card? It's the size, the number of fans, the colors and the shroud you have to play with mostly. Vendors have small or big differences in those categories. Can you link something from different vendors that look identical or nearly identical?

I'll repeat: things auto-update today. If you go to manually install a driver without knowing what you're doing then you're begging for trouble.

Someone who doesn't know what they're doing has no business building a PC. They should buy a ROG pre-built and then have access to all Asus' resources including auto update software. I can't imagine what scenario would prompt someone to go about manually installing a driver without calling Asus support first if they've bought a Asus ROG PC.

If that's your idea of piggybacking then everyone piggybacks off each other and then ROG should be removed as a brand because sharing a brand is now off the table. ROG is a brand spanning a multiple categories. Here's the ROG page5b05783a2a702_Skrmbillede2018-05-23kl_16_18_03.png.52049ca2e3612e917cd2fe9d9128f69c.png

Good luck with sorting out who piggybacks off whom.

And what's with the whole liberal whine thing? It makes no sense in this context or any context for that matter. 

You're essentially saying that Nvidia is the mastermind behind the strength of the ROG brand and therefore have dibs on it but then what about Intel? Or even Asus themselves? Or is it just about the graphics card category? If so, is your basis for saying that AMD gets undue credit is that their market share is lower or is it something else? Are you saying AMD is dead weight for the ROG brand? If so, why didn't Asus drop them off immediately prior to any notion of GPP.

Also what's your basis for saying someone is buying an AMD card based on the review of a 1080 review from 2 years ago? Why wouldn't they just buy that exact card? 

Either way, as I said to the other guy: if the GPP was merely understood Nvidia has had plenty opportunity and many ways to solve it OTHER than canceling it outright. The pressure has had to be immense for them to not just fix it and not just from bad PR. That's a lame excuse.

no I am saying its asus's brand to do what they want with it

like said bad pr makes companies cancel shit all the time

lame excuse corsair didnt revert over a logo hahahaha

fyi does coke release all their contracts for all their different partners because they differ

no business does its not our business plain and simple

you think every contract is linear from same company? oh wow

and your shit on auto update oh wow everyone has access to internet right away or is on windows 10  again oh wow

even when nvidia made geforce experience to help non savoy people they were criticized for that too

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

You keep ignoring the main arguments being raised. This is the GPP statement in full which is literally all the information we got about it from Nvidia:

All it does is say that transparency is the main goal repeatedly whilst also saying that the program isn't exclusive. This should mean that the terms should be the same for all the partners, contrary to what you stated. So explain to me this. Why is it that Nvidia chose to keep silent and then finally axe the program if there was no ill intent? They could just as easily have exonerated themselves?

lol program isnt exclusive but the terms/contract isnt going to be the same oh wow, so I could start a gpu aib in my garage and get same contract hahahaha

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Why do you think they got bad PR for something that was clearly going to result in a better product (in your hypothetical situation)? Clearly if they explained it the customers would understand and it would be a win/win for Nvidia. They would have to have rocks in their head to throw away a program that would make their products better and benefit the consumer.

Or maybe the GPP didn't benefit the consumer at all and that's why they were upset? Contrary to what you keep saying, doesn't this make the GPP bad?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

15 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Why do you think they got bad PR for something that was clearly going to result in a better product (in your hypothetical situation)? Clearly if they explained it the customers would understand and it would be a win/win for Nvidia. They would have to have rocks in their head to throw away a program that would make their products better and benefit the consumer.

Or maybe the GPP didn't benefit the consumer at all and that's why they were upset? Contrary to what you keep saying, doesn't this make the GPP bad?

after reading it I was thinking 3rd party cards on release and faster software tweaks to software to get more fps and better cooling

but now I look and see next gen will locked down as much or tighter along with waiting for 3rd party coolers

how was that not better for consumers

honestly I dont give a shit about these aib co brands I buy the best I can get for my money

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

after reading it I was thinking 3rd party cards on release and faster software tweaks to software to get more fps and better cooling

but now I look and see next gen will locked down as much or tighter along with waiting for 3rd party coolers

how was that not better for consumers

I have no idea where you pulled that from. If such benefits were the case then why did Nvidia not care to Explain this and how it would be achieved?

21 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I have no idea where you pulled that from. If such benefits were the case then why did Nvidia not care to Explain this and how it would be achieved?

achieved by time just like anything else

but they werent even given time, bad pr hit right away because of brand fanboyism, nvidia hate, etc etc

i'd pull the plug too just like corsair did, but then again look at renewing it another way which we might see in next couple yrs instead or already

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

achieved by time just like anything else

but they werent even given time, bad pr hit right away because of brand fanboyism, nvidia hate, etc etc

i'd pull the plug too just like corsair did, but then again look at renewing it another way which we might see in next couple yrs instead or already

As I said already there are two potential scenarios.

46 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Under scenario one Nvidia would be stupid to abandon it because there is wrong with the program. Simply having a little bit of the transparency that they were all about preaching earlier was all that they needed.

Under scenario two it's clear why Nvidia would have axed the program, because it was indefensible.

Do you understand why I think this way? Is this not logical to you?

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

for starters not signing wasnt even close to suicide for asus how much revenue/profits does asus have compared to nvidia? lol wow

Could we just instead of Suicide, we can call it "intentionally hammering your finger"

49 minutes ago, pas008 said:

fyi does coke release all their contracts for all their different partners because they differ

no business does its not our business plain and simple

you think every contract is linear from same company? oh wow

and your shit on auto update oh wow everyone has access to internet right away or is on windows 10  again oh wow

even when nvidia made geforce experience to help non savoy people they were criticized for that too

Yes, everyone buying a PC today is on Windows 10. If you buy a ROG PC you get everything you need to not have to fiddle with your PC. If you can't install a driver you're not building your own PC - that's just common sense. There are so many tools that does everything for you. And all this assumes someone updates their driver. Many run older drivers. And I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion. The issue would be exactly the same even if ROG was Nvidia exclusive. However I wouldn't consider it an issue. It's not all that different from people getting viruses for doing dodgy things except today the 'keeping-up-to-date-software' problem has been solved. You have to make the decision to do something you don't understand to ever install an AMD driver on an Nvidia card and I don't like to say this but you can't fix stupid. People will always mess up if they want to; some even do when trying not to.

I think the biggest criticism of Geforce Experience is that on the latest software you need to register which is also stupid. They should have kept that part optional and I don't think there is any argument against that. You used to be able to use the software without registering.

I would guess anyone with the means to buy a ROG branded product has access to internet anyway and if you have internet you can solve your problems.

The first two paragraphs are complete nonsense so I don't think it even deserves a response. Minus 50 DKP for that one.

Just now, Carclis said:

As I said already there are two potential scenarios.

Under scenario one Nvidia would be stupid to abandon it because there is wrong with the program. Simply having a little bit of the transparency that they were all about preaching earlier was all that they needed.

Under scenario two it's clear why Nvidia would have axed the program, because it was indefensible.

Do you understand why I think this way? Is this not logical to you?

bad pr before even getting to have meetings with aibs of what and how they can do things is indefensible?

shit they just got people to sign up

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

program isnt exclusive but the terms/contract isnt going to be the same oh wow, so I could start a gpu aib in my garage and get same contract hahahaha

If none of the contracts are the same. Doesnt that make all the contracts exclusive? Because none of them are working under that same terms then

1 minute ago, Trixanity said:

Yes, everyone buying a PC today is on Windows 10. If you buy a ROG PC you get everything you need to not have to fiddle with your PC. If you can't install a driver you're not building your own PC - that's just common sense. There are so many tools that does everything for you. And all this assumes someone updates their driver. Many run older drivers. And I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion. The issue would be exactly the same even if ROG was Nvidia exclusive. However I wouldn't consider it an issue. It's not all that different from people getting viruses for doing dodgy things except today the 'keeping-up-to-date-software' problem has been solved. You have to make the decision to do something you don't understand to ever install an AMD driver on an Nvidia card and I don't like to say this but you can't fix stupid. People will always mess up if they want to; some even do when trying not to.

I think the biggest criticism of Geforce Experience is that on the latest software you need to register which is also stupid. They should have kept that part optional and I don't think there is any argument against that. You used to be able to use the software without registering.

I would guess anyone with the means to buy a ROG branded product has access to internet anyway and if you have internet you can solve your problems.

The first two paragraphs are complete nonsense so I don't think it even deserves a response. Minus 50 DKP for that one.

like i said i bet you never worked in tech support

you think the majority of the population can handle software? but on that note millions get infected everyday from malware/viruses/etc to bsod

you are given the mass population too much intelligence

hence the saying "people are fucking dumb"

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Id none of the contracts are the same. Doesnt that make all the contracts exclusive? Because none of them are working under that same terms then

program is the same contracts are different they arent all get same chips same mdf same pricing etc etc etc

wow

program is the same contracts are different they arent all get same chips same mdf same pricing etc etc etc

wow

So you have exclusive contracts in a program that is inclusive. Got it.

On another note: How does this make the program optional? 

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

you think the majority of the population can handle software? but on that note millions get infected everyday from malware/viruses/etc to bsod

Do we have data on the succesrate of people downloading drivers for GPUs? Because there is something called the manual that comes woth the GPU

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

So you have exclusive contracts in a program that is inclusive. Got it.

On another note: How does this make the program optional? 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Do we have data on the succesrate of people downloading drivers for GPUs? Because there is something called the manual that comes woth the GPU

oh wow I am laughing my ass of right now

14 minutes ago, pas008 said:

bad pr before even getting to have meetings with aibs of what and how they can do things is indefensible?

shit they just got people to sign up

Im saying that what they were doing is either good or bad for the consumer. If good then they should have an easy time explaining it.

The point you're missing is that by Nvidia refusing any discussion or opportunity to give clarity and simply ending the program, they are admitting that they're guilty of the claims. The last thing they should ever do is leave it and not try to repair their relationship with consumers. If you were the CEO of Nvidia and did that you would be ousted.

2 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Im saying that what they were doing is either good or bad for the consumer. If good then they should have an easy time explaining it.

The point you're missing is that by Nvidia refusing any discussion or opportunity to give clarity and simply ending the program, they are admitting that they're guilty of the claims. The last thing they should ever do is leave it and not try to repair their relationship with consumers. If you were the CEO of Nvidia and did that you would be ousted.

remaining silent means guilt?

lol wow

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

remaining silent means guilt?

lol wow

Did you read any of what I said or just interpret what you wanted to hear and reinforce your own bias?

Nvidia as a company has a responsibility to both itself and its shareholders to do what is in the best interest of the company. If their intentions were to make a better product and there was no foul play at all then Nvidia has a responsibility to let the consumers know that to try and repair the relationship with their customers. Not doing that would be reckless and idiotic. Don't you agree?

Of course I've never worked tech support. I don't want to give myself an aneurysm.

It's already work enough having to do tech support to the social circle and on social media. Why would I do that professionally too? It was easy for me to decide it's not what I want to do from when I get up in the morning till I go to bed. 

That doesn't change the fact that no one has to mess with drivers today with the tools available and if they absolutely have to there are so many resources available. And I can only repeat: non-tech savvy people buy pre-built and they have stuff like this preinstalled if not just Geforce Experience outright. In fact, if I recall correctly Geforce Experience was preinstalled on the Lenovo laptop of a family member that was bought 4-5 years ago. The days of going to the website is quickly running out. 

And I can only repeat again and again and again: the branding is not the issue. Different branding does not solve the problem in the slightest. It's just as likely they're installing a chipset driver instead if you really want to make that point. But it's still a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. You're like a VW mechanic saying all VW cars break down because you see so many VW cars in the shop forgetting that you're a VW mechanic and therefore that's all you see. Except in this case the car (metaphorically speaking) has been maintaining itself in most cases or does not need it at all. 

And just to repeat it again: very few people NEED to mess with drivers. In this case few means in comparison to the amount of people who own a computer. I've known plenty people running drivers that are years old. That's anecdotal but still relevant to the topic. You act as if it's a regular occurrence that people install AMD drivers on Nvidia cards or vice versa. But again, that's like picking up a wrench and starting to repair an engine without any relevant knowledge or education.

And the rest is repeating what I just said more or less. 

Ultimately you're arguing a point that has no relevance to this topic and outside of this topic is getting increasingly unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Of course I've never worked tech support. I don't want to give myself an aneurysm.

It's already work enough having to do tech support to the social circle and on social media. Why would I do that professionally too? It was easy for me to decide it's not what I want to do from when I get up in the morning till I go to bed. 

That doesn't change the fact that no one has to mess with drivers today with the tools available and if they absolutely have to there are so many resources available. And I can only repeat: non-tech savvy people buy pre-built and they have stuff like this preinstalled if not just Geforce Experience outright. In fact, if I recall correctly Geforce Experience was preinstalled on the Lenovo laptop of a family member that was bought 4-5 years ago. The days of going to the website is quickly running out. 

And I can only repeat again and again and again: the branding is not the issue. Different branding does not solve the problem in the slightest. It's just as likely they're installing a chipset driver instead if you really want to make that point. But it's still a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. You're like a VW mechanic saying all VW cars break down because you see so many VW cars in the shop forgetting that you're a VW mechanic and therefore that's all you see. Except in this case the car (metaphorically speaking) has been maintaining itself in most cases or does not need it at all. 

And just to repeat it again: very few people NEED to mess with drivers. In this case few means in comparison to the amount of people who own a computer. I've known plenty people running drivers that are years old. That's anecdotal but still relevant to the topic. You act as if it's a regular occurrence that people install AMD drivers on Nvidia cards or vice versa. But again, that's like picking up a wrench and starting to repair an engine without any relevant knowledge or education.

And the rest is repeating what I just said more or less. 

Ultimately you're arguing a point that has no relevance to this topic and outside of this topic is getting increasingly unlikely.

oh so when they are having issues with performance/etc they know how to easily remove drivers and reinstall them

or even with windows for that matter

geez you act like windows is a perfect os and give too much credit to the people

the point is people dont know what card they have they know they have "xxx" gaming brand

oh wow

15 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Did you read any of what I said or just interpret what you wanted to hear and reinforce your own bias?

Nvidia as a company has a responsibility to both itself and its shareholders to do what is in the best interest of the company. If their intentions were to make a better product and there was no foul play at all then Nvidia has a responsibility to let the consumers know that to try and repair the relationship with their customers. Not doing that would be reckless and idiotic. Don't you agree?

we have no proof of anything and we can only speculate

just a biased someone that ranted off(numerous times) on something that amd showed him why him oh wait cause amd didnt like it because they wanted to piggyback cobrands fyi I"m sure the aibs told amd you are going to get a new brand duh

and then this biased rant compares intels blocking of amd products to nvidias take over of a brand which is not even close

but after many and many articles kept giving bad pr nvidia axed it like anyother company would the damage was so far done why try on that same program why not just release or come up with another angle

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

we have no proof of anything and we can only speculate

just a biased someone that ranted off(numerous times) on something that amd showed him why him oh wait cause amd didnt like it because they wanted to piggyback cobrands

and then this biased rant compares intels blocking of amd products to nvidias take over of a brand which is not even close

but after many and many articles kept giving bad pr nvidia axed it like anyother company would the damage was so far done why try on that same program why not just release or come up with another angle

Because you keep implying that the program could be good. If it is then Nvidia's actions are irrational because they have ditched something with absolutely no reason to.

The reasoning you keep giving is insufficient and illogical.