ASUS Killing AREZ brand? ROG is Back? *UPDATED ARTICLE*

Just now, Carclis said:

Because you keep implying that the program could be good. If it is then Nvidia's actions are irrational because they have ditched something with absolutely no reason to.

bad pr is every reason to

companies dont like bad pr

why sports teams dont pick up player like colin kaepernick

why corsair reverted logo

why companies cancel and do shit all the time

never said it was good or bad we never got to see the outcome

guilty until proven innocent like I said before and now silence is admission of guilt too lol

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

oh so when they are having issues with performance/etc they know how to easily remove drivers and reinstall them

or even with windows for that matter

geez you act like windows is a perfect os and give too much credit to the people

the point is people dont know what card they have they know they have "xxx" gaming brand

oh wow

No, because that's what tech support is for. That's the whole point. If they have issues they call support. They don't know what a driver is or what's causing those performance issues so what would make them install the wrong driver? And with software preinstalled it will do the work for them and ask them to update when applicable. If it's not they'll never know to update drivers and if they do they'll ask tech support or ask on social media. I don't buy the notion that someone totally clueless will stumble onto AMD's website and just download the first driver they find and manage to install it and hell breaks loose. In fact I was under the impression modern driver installs check for compatibility; I've had my fair share of trouble forcing the install of an updated driver on AMD switchable graphics where the installer refuses to install the driver and you have to manually load the driver through Windows' device manager. But let me specify: I don't think that scenario is likely to happen very often; that people manage to install the wrong graphics driver. There are simply so many barriers that you'd have to jump through multiple hurdles whilst having no idea what you're doing and still soldiering on blindly.

How many people do you know who've build their own PC, installed Windows on their own and then installed the wrong graphics card driver - all of this all on their own with no outside help? It seems very farfetched to me. Such a person buys prebuilt in the vast majority of cases. And in that scenario this is a non-issue in most cases.

I think I've criticized Windows enough on this forum for that statement to be false.

They may not know what card they have (although again: how many ignorant people buy a card, install it on their own, throw out the disc and just stumble onto a website and download the first driver they find?) but does that mean they install the wrong driver?

It seems to me you highlight a niche issue and blow it out of proportion as if it's the most common scenario. And that's while ignoring the fact that branding would do nothing to help that problem. In fact you won't be able to find the driver if you simply just look for ROG on Asus' support page. You have to select model. There is no generic driver on that site that covers them all. You have to go onto the specific page for your product. To get the wrong driver they'd have to click randomly and how many would be confident to install something they don't know anything about? Most tech illiterate are afraid of most unexpected scenarios. It seems like you don't know or appreciate how many checks there and how much you need to do to manage what you claim as a common issue and one that would be fixed by simply doing brand alignment.

14 minutes ago, pas008 said:

guilty until proven innocent like I said before and now silence is admission of guilt too lol

Because not doing so is idiocy. Why wouldn't you repair your brand? How many people do you think will boycott Nvidia's cards as a result of their actions. Do you really think it's wise to leave it that way and let sales suffer when you could simply be honest and earn the trust back? I have no words for how stupid you'd have to be to ignore that opportunity.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

No, because that's what tech support is for. That's the whole point. If they have issues they call support. They don't know what a driver is or what's causing those performance issues so what would make them install the wrong driver? And with software preinstalled it will do the work for them and ask them to update when applicable. If it's not they'll never know to update drivers and if they do they'll ask tech support or ask on social media. I don't buy the notion that someone totally clueless will stumble onto AMD's website and just download the first driver they find and manage to install it and hell breaks loose. In fact I was under the impression modern driver installs check for compatibility; I've had my fair share of trouble forcing the install of an updated driver on AMD switchable graphics where the installer refuses to install the driver and you have to manually load the driver through Windows' device manager. But let me specify: I don't think that scenario is likely to happen very often; that people manage to install the wrong graphics driver. There are simply so many barriers that you'd have to jump through multiple hurdles whilst having no idea what you're doing and still soldiering on blindly.

How many people do you know who've build their own PC, installed Windows on their own and then installed the wrong graphics card driver - all of this all on their own with no outside help? It seems very farfetched to me. Such a person buys prebuilt in the vast majority of cases. And in that scenario this is a non-issue in most cases.

I think I've criticized Windows enough on this forum for that statement to be false.

They may not know what card they have (although again: how many ignorant people buy a card, install it on their own, throw out the disc and just stumble onto a website and download the first driver they find?) but does that mean they install the wrong driver?

It seems to me you highlight a niche issue and blow it out of proportion as if it's the most common scenario. And that's while ignoring the fact that branding would do nothing to help that problem. In fact you won't be able to find the driver if you simply just look for ROG on Asus' support page. You have to select model. There is no generic driver on that site that covers them all. You have to go onto the specific page for your product. To get the wrong driver they'd have to click randomly and how many would be confident to install something they don't know anything about? Most tech illiterate are afraid of most unexpected scenarios. It seems like you don't know or appreciate how many checks there and how much you need to do to manage what you claim as a common issue and one that would be fixed by simply doing brand alignment.

oh I dont fix peoples issues on the side myself especially people that upgrade themselves and have issues galore?

I never belonged to many game/gamer websites? and was multiple clan/guild  admin/member?

i dont frequent amd or nvidias forums along with other tech forums

yeah I dont see it regularly at all

lol

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Because not doing so is idiocy. Why wouldn't you repair your brand? How many people do you think will boycott Nvidia's cards as a result of their actions. Do you really think it's wise to leave it that way and let sales suffer when you could simply be honest and earn the trust back? I have no words for how stupid you'd have to be to ignore that opportunity.

when they are on the possible verge of releasing a new product you want them to try to fix something when a product release is already in itself alot of work

hmmm

wouldnt you just axe it after all the bad pr

or you would push back and force your actions through the bad pr (even if they were legal and rightful)and possibly get even more hate especially from co brand fanboyism along with mass supporters of other products?

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

oh I dont fix peoples issues on the side myself especially people that upgrade themselves and have issues galore?

I never belonged to many game/gamer websites? and was multiple clan/guild  admin/member?

i dont frequent amd or nvidias forums along with other tech forums

yeah I dont see it regularly at all

lol

So... Why are you arguing that point?

And yeah, I just checked around on Google. I could find a guy wanting to install Nvidia or AMD drivers but he said he didn't have either card. He just wanted the drivers. For some reason. Other than that not much.

And I also checked that there are compatibility checks so it'll throw an error if you install the driver on an unsupported card.

So the branding just isn't an issue which begs the question I asked in the first paragraph.

15 minutes ago, pas008 said:

wouldnt you just axe it after all the bad pr

or you would push back and force your actions through the bad pr (even if they were legal and rightful)and possibly get even more hate especially from co brand fanboyism along with mass supporters of other products?

No. Just fucking fix it. They got themselves into this mess as a result of poor communication. Perhaps they should learn from that mistake and show us some actual transparency. Companies like Nvidia don't get to be where they are by rolling over at the slightest hint of opposition. Grow a damn backbone and defend your product or don't bother releasing anything.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

8 minutes ago, Carclis said:

No. Just fucking fix it. They got themselves into this mess as a result of poor communication. Perhaps they should learn from that mistake and show us some actual transparency. Companies like Nvidia don't get to be where they are by rolling over at the slightest hint of opposition. Grow a damn backbone and defend your product or don't bother releasing anything.

slight hint lol fyi we dont know if they rolled over yet they might have new plan in affect

how were they to show transparency show all the legal documents between companies?

20 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

So... Why are you arguing that point?

And yeah, I just checked around on Google. I could find a guy wanting to install Nvidia or AMD drivers but he said he didn't have either card. He just wanted the drivers. For some reason. Other than that not much.

And I also checked that there are compatibility checks so it'll throw an error if you install the driver on an unsupported card.

So the branding just isn't an issue which begs the question I asked in the first paragraph.

not sure where you been but I have been in many games where people talk about having rog but not knowing what the fuck they have on top of vram

and branding is an issue when nvidia cant market/showcase cobrands especially when they are tied to their competitor

13 minutes ago, pas008 said:

slight hint lol fyi we dont know if they rolled over yet they might have new plan in affect

how were they to show transparency show all the legal documents between companies?

Simply tell us what their push for transparency means ie better product naming none of this multiple different Titan X models bullshit, or 1060 6GB vs 3GB when the biggest different is not the memory, but the lack of cuda cores. Perhaps tell us how it is going to be achieved ie how the GPP in particular is going to help. Then the big one, why we need the GPP of all things to achieve that. Can it not be done any other way?

On 5/15/2018 at 9:39 AM, Princess Cadence said:

Personally speaking I find silly a company with multiple brands of the same thing.

Then how are you gonna get your ASUS AREZ CLASSIFIED WINDFORCE THROBBING COCKMEAT BOOST EDITION STEALTH gpu?

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

14 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Simply tell us what their push for transparency means ie better product naming none of this multiple different Titan X models bullshit, or 1060 6GB vs 3GB when the biggest different is not the memory, but the lack of cuda cores. Perhaps tell us how it is going to be achieved ie how the GPP in particular is going to help. Then the big one, why we need the GPP of all things to achieve that. Can it not be done any other way?

aligning co brands exclusively which they stated lol

like for releasing and marketing their products

model number and variants have been around for awhile gtx260 and gtx 560ti but the ddr4 1030 thing is horrible

15 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

ASUS AREZ CLASSIFIED WINDFORCE THROBBING COCKMEAT BOOST EDITION STEALTH

My favourite mess up will always be:

Why is the TITAN Black not the Black TITAN and the Black TITAN not the TITAN Black?

ZEBkDA0.jpg

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

aligning co brands exclusively which they stated lol

like for releasing and marketing their products

model number and variants have been around for awhile gtx260 and gtx 560ti but the ddr4 1030 thing is horrible

They never said that. That information came from Kyle. If you think otherwise the quote me the exact wording that Nvidia used to explicitly say this.

There are other examples of poor naming too. I just picked out some of the worst ones. For example there is the new 1050 3GB which is a 1050Ti in terms of cuda cores but it has 25% less memory bandwidth than the GTX 1050. At least name your own products in a transparent manner if you're gonna push your partners to be transparent...Sheeesh!

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

They never said that. That information came from Kyle. If you think otherwise the quote me the exact wording that Nvidia used to explicitly say this.

There are other examples of poor naming too. I just picked out some of the worst ones. For example there is the new 1050 3GB which is a 1050Ti in terms of cuda cores but it has 25% less memory bandwidth than the GTX 1050. At least name your own products in a transparent manner if you're gonna push your partners to be transparent...Sheeesh!

model number variants have always been an issue on many products not only gpus

but I agree model numbers and whats inside(performance/etc) should be clear

I do think they should be fined for that shit, that is anti consumerism right there across the board

should be clearly different model number, hate that shit on vehicles too

long while ago I bought a tv with same model number as the one I researched/wanted and it was sams club deal and to find out wasnt the same no optical out and missing few inputs, that right there is anti consumerism  returned next day

5 hours ago, pas008 said:

bad pr before even getting to have meetings with aibs of what and how they can do things is indefensible?

shit they just got people to sign up

You have meetings with AIBs and discuss the contract and it's terms before anyone will sign on. You never sign anything without reading it.

You also have an objective in place before creating a program like GPP, we're not actually asking for Nvidia or any AIBs to release any contracts in full we're asking what is your objective and goals and how do you intentend to achieve them.

Nvidia have very loosely answered the objective part but gave no explanations as to how. When you build a house you have to submit documentation, one of those being elevations plans which is not enough to actually build the house but shows what it will actually look like and how it will be situated on the building site, if gives a lot of detail about the house itself but no details on how exactly you are going to build it. Once approved you create and submit full technical building plans, we're not asking for the equivalent of those from Nvidia and we have no actual right to ask for them.

Also the more likely reason Nvidia decided to terminate the current GPP program was due to lack of sign on from system builders and integrators like Dell and Lenovo. This is not to say Dell nor Lenovo were white knighting or anything the most likely reason, which Steve dug up, was that existing contracts with Intel were preventing them from being able to sign GPP without then being in breach of the current Intel contract.

Companies don't want to give up the benefits they already get from Nvidia so even if there are terms they do not like they need to be big enough to forgo those which they will have to give up, when you have two bad options you take the least worst which for the graphics cards AIBs were to sign up to GPP.

For companies like Dell and Lenovo they most likely could not sign the contract and that is more likely the driver to end GPP and draft something new that Dell and Lenovo can sign.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

You have meetings with AIBs and discuss the contract and it's terms before anyone will sign on. You never sign anything without reading it.

You also have an objective in place before creating a program like GPP, we're not actually asking for Nvidia or any AIBs to release any contracts in full we're asking what is your objective and goals and how do you intentend to achieve them.

Nvidia have very loosely answered the objective part but gave no explanations as to how. When you build a house you have to submit documentation, one of those being elevations plans which is not enough to actually build the house but shows what it will actually look like and how it will be situated on the building site, if gives a lot of detail about the house itself but no details on how exactly you are going to build it. Once approved you create and submit full technical building plans, we're not asking for the equivalent of those from Nvidia and we have no actual right to ask for them.

Also the more likely reason Nvidia decided to terminate the current GPP program was due to lack of sign on from system builders and integrators like Dell and Lenovo. This is not to say Dell nor Lenovo were white knighting or anything the most likely reason, which Steve dug up, was that existing contracts with Intel were preventing them from being able to sign GPP without then being in breach of the current Intel contract.

Companies don't want to give up the benefits they already get from Nvidia so even if there are terms they do not like they need to be big enough to forgo those which they will have to give up, when you have two bad options you take the least worst which for the graphics cards AIBs were to sign up to GPP.

For companies like Dell and Lenovo they most likely could not sign the contract and that is more likely the driver to end GPP and draft something new that Dell and Lenovo can sign.

Duh at bolded

It's after you get partners on board you can focus/discuss how to get things done

And oem and system builders don't buy from nvidia they buy from aibs lol

And wasn't the goal to align their branding lol how many times must i say it and it's right their in their press release

Like i said many times too

How are they to promote/market/showcase aib cards when they share a those brands with competition

Is it that hard to understand?

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Nvidia's press release on the matter was PR bullshit and you know it, and everyone looking at the 1050-1030-1060-Titan X knows it. Their stated goal is contradicted by their own actions, which shows why their press release must not be taken for uncontestable truth.

Nvidia as a company has to think through a cohesive plan by themselves that they present to AIBs. They can iterate on it sure, but those iteration are only viable for them if it does not compromise their initial goal and strategy. That's why they have to think through how it had to be done thoroughly. If you want other company to do something for you without telling them what you want them to do, you'll end up nowhere because it's not in their interest to dedicate resources for that.

And for your last point, they market it like amd does and like they used to. Nothing wrong with that. First promote your in house products, then market a specific card after that. The ambiguity on branding from a marketing standpoint is null, since you market specific products that you name accordingly.

The only thing that they wanted to achieve was to dissociate AMD from gaming brand to hurt their sales and pick up more sales themselves.

19 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Nvidia's press release on the matter was PR bullshit and you know it, and everyone looking at the 1050-1030-1060-Titan X knows it. Their stated goal is contradicted by their own actions, which shows why their press release must not be taken for uncontestable truth.

Nvidia as a company has to think through a cohesive plan by themselves that they present to AIBs. They can iterate on it sure, but those iteration are only viable for them if it does not compromise their initial goal and strategy. That's why they have to think through how it had to be done thoroughly. If you want other company to do something for you without telling them what you want them to do, you'll end up nowhere because it's not in their interest to dedicate resources for that.

And for your last point, they market it like amd does and like they used to. Nothing wrong with that. First promote your in house products, then market a specific card after that. The ambiguity on branding from a marketing standpoint is null, since you market specific products that you name accordingly.

The only thing that they wanted to achieve was to dissociate AMD from gaming brand to hurt their sales and pick up more sales themselves.

Like i said many companies have done variant model number shit

And yeah i don't agree with that if you didn't read

If nvidia wants to showcase and release 3rd party cards on release they are advertising\marketing competitor cards with same co brand

And your last part is assumptions

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

Duh at bolded

It's after you get partners on board you can focus/discuss how to get things done

And oem and system builders don't buy from nvidia they buy from aibs lol

And wasn't the goal to align their branding lol how many times must i say it and it's right their in their press release

Like i said many times too

How are they to promote/market/showcase aib cards when they share a those brands with competition

Is it that hard to understand?

GPP was for all partners with Nvidia not just AIBs.

Not sure why you are commenting so much if you don't actually understand who was covered by GPP. 

And no you meet before so you can plan, know what you're signing up to then continue of from that. So Nvidia knows exactly the information we are asking for, there is no unknowns for them it's their program so they can actually answer the questions that were asked.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

GPP was for all partners with Nvidia not just AIBs.

Not sure why you are commenting so much if you don't actually understand who was covered by GPP. 

And no you meet before so you can plan, know what you're signing up to then continue of from that. So Nvidia knows exactly the information we are asking for, there is no unknowns for them it's their program so they can actually answer the questions that were asked.

Just like any program you see who is getting involved for a program then you proceed 

yes i know they have existing partners and not for all aibs

wow let's point out small technicalities because actually nvidia calls them aic partners wow but to use that as some type of merit on a forum wow 

9 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Just like any program you see who is getting involved for a program then you proceed 

yes i know they have existing partners and not for all aibs

wow let's point out small technicalities because actually nvidia calls them aic partners wow but to use that as some type of merit on a forum wow 

It's not small technicalities, nice brush off. GPP was for every partner, all of them were supposed to sign not just AIBs.

https://www.techpowerup.com/243322/dell-and-hp-not-interested-in-jumping-on-the-nvidia-gpp-bandwagon

https://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Dell-and-HP-aint-down-GPP

What actually killed GPP, the more likely reason, was lack of penetration in to the industry and capturing the partners Nvidia actually wanted the most, system builders like Dell/HP/Lenovo who sell the most GPUs than all the AIBs combined in laptops. The driver was more likely in the laptop space and not the AIB space, AIBs were effected but that is not the business that is under current market competition.

Since we didn't see anything change there we aren't talking about it, what was actually effected and did change I can talk about and I can say precisely why what happened is wrong.

Edit:

And as I said the reason why those systems builders didn't sign on was due to the branding requirements in GPP which were in conflict with an existing agreement.

34 minutes ago, leadeater said:

It's not small technicalities, nice brush off. GPP was for every partner, all of them were supposed to sign not just AIBs.

https://www.techpowerup.com/243322/dell-and-hp-not-interested-in-jumping-on-the-nvidia-gpp-bandwagon

https://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Dell-and-HP-aint-down-GPP

What actually killed GPP, the more likely reason, was lack of penetration in to the industry and capturing the partners Nvidia actually wanted the most, system builders like Dell/HP/Lenovo who sell the most GPUs than all the AIBs combined in laptops. The driver was more likely in the laptop space and not the AIB space, AIBs were effected but that is not the business that is under current market competition.

Since we didn't see anything change there we aren't talking about it, what was actually effected and did change I can talk about and I can say precisely why what happened is wrong.

Edit:

And as I said the reason why those systems builders didn't sign on was due to the branding requirements in GPP which were in conflict with an existing agreement.

Laptops are made from odms which in turn sell to asus hp dell etc 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laptop_brands_and_manufacturers

You can't conclude that reasoning either just like any of them in this topic

Brush off what? Because your attempt at pointing out a small technicality to try prove something 

And where does dell hp etc buy their gpus?  From aics?

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Laptops are made from odms which in turn sell to asus gigabyte etc 

You can't conclude that reasoning either just like any of them in this topic

Brush off what? Because your attempt at pointing out a small technicality to try something 

And where does dell hp etc buy their gpus?  From aics?

And who sells the laptops and brands them, yea exactly.

Look at this point, well to be honest the whole time mostly, you're just trolling. While I do find pointless discussions entertaining there is a point where it does need to end. So thanks for participating however you do need to further research the topic you are conversing in and learn to answer the questions other participants have asked you and not just go "lol [meaningless content not answering the question]". I don't think you've actually answered a single question asked at all which is mighty impressive I must say.

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

And who sells the laptops and brands them, yea exactly.

Look at this point, well to be honest the whole time mostly, you're just trolling. While I do find pointless discussions entertaining there is a point where it does need to end. So thanks for participating however you do need to further research the topic you are conversing in and learn to answer the questions other participants have asked you and not just go "lol [meaningless content not answering the question]". I don't think you've actually answered a single question asked at all which is mighty impressive I must say.

Hahaha yeah 

Another attempt at what nvidia was trying to do 

Every angle right? They can't align their co branding products 

We got anticompetitive by supposedly blocking amd, Anti consumer by not giving contractual evidence, brand doesn't belong to them but their aic partners agreed to give up their gaming brand for them on wait they were blackmailed

Circles going on here

Oh wait now they cancelled because oem and system builders didn't sign on

Just more and more speculation

Simple question would you pay for marketing/advertising/showcasing for a cobrand that your competitor uses?

Ok ty come again