ASUS Killing AREZ brand? ROG is Back? *UPDATED ARTICLE*

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

We've seen two of the big AIB partners change branding entirely at almost exactly the same time and for their AMD cards specifically, which coincided with the announcement of the GPP. News surfaced putting forward some claims that the GPP had some very unpopular practices which were met with silence when brought forward to Nvidia. Finally after two months of burying their heads in the sand Nvidia came out and axed the program in a tantrum that blamed all of us for not being able to have "nice things". To this day we've not received any details about the GPP from Nvidia other than the fact that it was to push for "transparency" and all we know is that Nvidia would rather axe the program than share some information on how it aimed to bring about transparency.

Is that not enough evidence for you? Have you ever heard of occam's razor?

Lol have you heard of negotiations between companies and disclosure of deals from one to next

All you have is the same assumptions from either side

If nvidia had their product brands aligned they most likely would release 3rd party cards at launch considering their co branding partnership would be limited to them and their partners 

Not the competitions co brand too

9 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol have you heard of negotiations between companies and disclosure of deals from one to next

All you have is the same assumptions from either side

If nvidia had their product brands aligned they most likely would release 3rd party cards at launch considering their co branding partnership would be limited to them and their partners 

Not the competitions co brand too

I'm talking about the GPP. You haven't explained why Nvidia were utterly incapable of disclosing to the public how it intended to provide transparency to them. If the program wasn't as bad as people thought, and they claimed it wasn't, then they should have no trouble doing so.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

8 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I'm talking about the GPP. You haven't explained why Nvidia were utterly incapable of disclosing to the public how it intended to provide transparency to them. If the program wasn't as bad as people thought, and they claimed it wasn't, then they should have no trouble doing do.

Simple

Aibs weren't getting the same deals

Asus wasn't getting same deal as evga

Msi wasn't getting same deal as gigabyte

You know chip allocation/mdf/priority/etc isn't the same for each company

This already happens fyi

And for consumers we would get a co brand associated for nvidia only products not a co brand with mixing competing products

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

Simple

Aibs weren't getting the same deals

Asus wasn't getting same deal as evga

Msi wasn't getting same deal as gigabyte

You know chip allocation/mdf/priority/etc isn't the same for each company

This already happens fyi

I'm not talking about the company side. I'm talking about this. They were more than happy to announce the program to us but once we questioned it they went silent. We just wanted to know what the program does. How does it become more obvious to me what I'm being sold? How does Nvidia plan to be more transparent? Just look at the comment section.

So clearly there's a lot of confusion surrounding the program. Rather than addressing it the program was cut by Nvidia who claimed that they would rather surrender it than disprove misinformation. Do you not see the irony in a program aimed at transparency that fails to give any details whatsoever?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

11 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I'm not talking about the company side. I'm talking about this. They were more than happy to announce the program to us but once we questioned it they went silent. We just wanted to know what the program does. How does it become more obvious to me what I'm being sold? How does Nvidia plan to be more transparent? Just look at the comment section.

So clearly there's a lot of confusion surrounding the program. Rather than addressing it the program was cut by Nvidia who claimed that they would rather surrender it than disprove misinformation. Do you not see the irony in a program aimed at transparency that fails to give any details whatsoever?

Read my edit

And bad pr makes companies just squash shit all the time

And going quiet because they wanted their own subbrand what is so hard to understand

that is transparency

Plus the program could have made gpu software and hardware better across all aibs by cross engineering

Many got bent out of shape because of their beloved fanboyism

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Read my edit

And bad pr makes companies just squash shit all the time

And going quiet because they wanted their own subbrand what is so hard to understand

that is transparency

Plus the program could have made gpu software and hardware better across all aibs by cross engineering

Many got bent out of shape because of their beloved fanboyism

We already have co-branding. It's called [insert AIB here] Geforce GTX [insert GPU here]. Beyond that I have no idea as to how they would expect to make the product any clearer. Can you tell me how? Clearly I'm asking this because you haven't answered the question.

Also what you're describing as better GPU hardware and software doesn't work. That is called homogenisation and would result in no incentive for the partners to invest and make their products and software better.

The only fanboyism here is people claiming that GPP could have been a good thing. If it was then Nvidia would have taken great pride in revealing how it intended to achieve its purported goals and all of those people throwing about "mistruths" would look like fools.

11 minutes ago, Carclis said:

We already have co-branding. It's called [insert AIB here] Geforce GTX [insert GPU here]. Beyond that I have no idea as to how they would expect to make the product any clearer. Can you tell me how? Clearly I'm asking this because you haven't answered the question.

Also what you're describing as better GPU hardware and software doesn't work. That is called homogenisation and would result in no incentive the partners to invest and make their products and software better.

The only fanboyism here is people claiming that GPP could have been a good thing. If it was then Nvidia would have taken great pride in revealing how it intended to achieve its purported goals and all of those people throwing about "mistruths" would look like fools.

Clearly stated in their article

The GeForce Partner Program is designed to ensure that gamers have full transparency into the GPU platform and software they’re being sold, and can confidently select products that carry the NVIDIA GeForce promise.

This transparency is only possible when NVIDIA brands and partner brands are consistent. So the new program means that we’ll be promoting our GPP partner brands across the web, on social media, at events and more. And GPP partners will get early access to our latest innovations, and work closely with our engineering team to bring the newest technologies to gamers.

so all cards are consistent? Wait we get duds from this copy and paste shit all the time

all brands are consistent? Oh wait sharing a brand with their competitor is consistent and transparent? Lol

all software/firmware is consistent?

Oh wait nvm i don't even need to explain this from either side of sw or fw 

Like said before why would they advertise or show case a co brand that a competitor uses

13 minutes ago, pas008 said:

The GeForce Partner Program is designed to ensure that gamers have full transparency into the GPU platform and software they’re being sold, and can confidently select products that carry the NVIDIA GeForce promise.

This transparency is only possible when NVIDIA brands and partner brands are consistent. So the new program means that we’ll be promoting our GPP partner brands across the web, on social media, at events and more. And GPP partners will get early access to our latest innovations, and work closely with our engineering team to bring the newest technologies to gamers.

so all cards are consistent? Wait we get duds from this copy and paste shit all the time

all brands are consistent? Oh wait sharing a brand with their competitor is consistent and transparent? Lol

So explain exactly how they were going to improve things?

Those are nice words, do you just take what companies say blindly and don't fact check their statements. Literally nothing was being done to make partner branding more consistent, in fact nothing was changing at all for Nvidia products.

All the while spouting about transparency releasing multiple products in the least transparent way possible without literally lying about the product specs.

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

That's not actually what they said. It could have been what they meant but the blog post tells us a whole of of fuck all. I can see why you would think that and that's probably because it lines up with what Kyle Bennett has said about brand exclusivity. Funnily enough that is a bad thing for consumers because you then have advertising funds split across two brands which would result in less investment towards a better product. You're also ignoring the fact that this would reduce visibility for competing products and lessen competition, which is also bad for consumers.

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

You mean like the bios which allows us to have higher clocked cards than the ones that Nvidia offers, like we currently have now? Or are you suggesting that the GPP will result in consistent firmware ie the 1070Ti? Again, this is homogenisation.

22 minutes ago, leadeater said:

So explain exactly how they were going to improve things?

Those are nice words, do you just take what companies say blindly and don't fact check their statements. Literally nothing was being done to make partner branding more consistent, in fact nothing was changing at all for Nvidia products.

All the while spouting about transparency releasing multiple products in the least transparent way possible without literally lying about the product specs.

Lol we didn't even get a real taste because of the liberal whine

22 minutes ago, Carclis said:

That's not actually what they said. It could have been what they meant but the blog post tells us a whole of of fuck all. I can see why you would think that and that's probably because it lines up with what Kyle Bennett has said about brand exclusivity. Funnily enough that is a bad thing for consumers because you then have advertising funds split across two brands which would result in less investment towards a better product. You're also ignoring the fact that this would reduce visibility for competing products and lessen competition, which is also bad for consumers.

You mean like the bios which allows us to have higher clocked cards than the ones that Nvidia offers, like we currently have now? Or are you suggesting that the GPP will result in consistent firmware ie the 1070Ti? Again, this is homogenisation.

Prolly because lol assumptions again

Maybe you should read kyles biased whine from the last decade were you even around for that shit too?

And how does it hurt competition when these companies have been cutting costs with their copy and paste shit

Oh they could design cards close to ground up before but not now? 

And they aren't blocking amd sales like Intel was doing not even comparable but to kyle it was lol

And branding was so important they just signed their brand away so easily? Lol

We never even got a real taste of anything 

Like i said before i didn't agree on rog part but if asus signed off that's none of our business what they do  but i guess the liberal whine paid off for what we know of now like i said we still might see a variant of it still in the works

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol we didn't even get a real taste because of the liberal whine

Yet you are so sure anything was actually going to change at all while watching the re-branding on only AMD GPUs, that's a hell of a lot of faith. So much time for Nvidia and AIBs to just say "Hey we will be implementing new branding for Nvidia GPUs", did we get even a hint of that? Nope.

Transparency was no where to be found, Nvidia saying the word doesn't make it so. You can't be transparent and stonewall.

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Prolly because lol assumptions again

So by assumptions you mean that splitting advertising funds across two brands would not have impacted funding whatsoever for profit driven corporations? Or that AMD being associated with the lesser known brands it was/is being pushed to would not have impacted their ability to sell cards?

8 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Maybe you should read kyles biased whine from the last decade were you even around for that shit too?

Never seen it. I just evaluate the information I'm given based on what is happening and the evidence that supports it. There is no need to hold a bias against somebody.

9 minutes ago, pas008 said:

And how does it hurt competition when these companies have been cutting costs with their copy and paste shit

Oh they could design cards close to ground up before but not now? 

You mean like the Asus Arez cards that were literally Strix cards with an Arez sticker over the top of the ROG one? There is no evidence to support the idea that they would design brand new coolers/cards with separate brands. In fact I made the argument already that costs are likely higher now due to them having to introduce a second brand which would make it even likelier that they would copy/paste their designs between cards. They're companies, profit driven. Why would they waste money on that, especially now that Nvidia is spreading their resources even thinner?

14 minutes ago, pas008 said:

And branding was so important they just signed their brand away so easily? Lol

Selling GPU's is not all that profitable, which you would have heard Linus speak about if you watched the WAN show the first time he covered the GPP. What do you think companies like EVGA and Galax are going to do when Nvidia tells them they need to sign up to the GPP to receive the MDF among other things which they used to get without it previously? They're exclusive and have nothing to lose and them signing up immediately makes other companies like Asus less competitive by comparison. Their supplier of GPU's which constitute about 80% of their sales has enough power to push them around. There is your reason why they had to sign up.

19 minutes ago, pas008 said:

We never even got a real taste of anything 

• Asus AREZ RX Vega 64 copy pasta
  • MSI Armor MK2 570/580
  • Removal of MSI Gaming X AMD cards

That's enough of a taste for me to know that the GPP was a shit proposition for consumers.

22 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Like i said before i didn't agree on rog part but if asus signed off that's none of our business what does but i guess the liberal whine paid off for what we know

They didn't have a choice and it is our business because our products are worse for it as well as our choice.

20 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yet you are so sure anything was actually going to change at all while watching the re-branding on only AMD GPUs, that's a hell of a lot of faith. So much time for Nvidia and AIBs to just say "Hey we will be implementing new branding for Nvidia GPUs", did we get even a hint of that? Nope.

Transparency was no where to be found, Nvidia saying the word doesn't make it so. You can't be transparent and stonewall.

And shit happens over night? lol

I'm not the one jumping to conclusions or assuming anything here

Many assumptions here that's all we see

I'm just taking what is presented to me

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

So by assumptions you mean that splitting advertising funds across two brands would not have impacted funding whatsoever for profit driven corporations? Or that AMD being associated with the lesser known brands it was/is being pushed to would not have impacted their ability to sell cards?

Never seen it. I just evaluate the information I'm given based on what is happening and the evidence that supports it. There is no need to hold a bias against somebody.

You mean like the Asus Arez cards that were literally Strix cards with an Arez sticker over the top of the ROG one? There is no evidence to support the idea that they would design brand new coolers/cards with separate brands. In fact I made the argument already that costs are likely higher now due to them having to introduce a second brand which would make it even likelier that they would copy/paste their designs between cards. They're companies, profit driven. Why would they waste money on that, especially now that Nvidia is spreading their resources even thinner?

Selling GPU's is not all that profitable, which you would have heard Linus speak about if you watched the WAN show the first time he covered the GPP. What do you think companies like EVGA and Galax are going to do when Nvidia tells them they need to sign up to the GPP to receive the MDF among other things which they used to get without it previously? They're exclusive and have nothing to lose and them signing up immediately makes other companies like Asus less competitive by comparison. Their supplier of GPU's which constitute about 80% of their sales has enough power to push them around. There is your reason why they had to sign up.

• Asus AREZ RX Vega 64 copy pasta
  • MSI Armor MK2 570/580
  • Removal of MSI Gaming X AMD cards

That's enough of a taste for me to know that the GPP was a shit proposition for consumers.

They didn't have a choice and it is our business because our products are worse for it as well as our choice.

Lol but aibs that only make cards for 1 company does it lol

Oh wow

Enough said

Just now, pas008 said:

And shit happens over night? lol

I'm not the one jumping to conclusions or assuming anything here

Many assumptions here that's all we see

I'm just taking what is presented to me

You say assumptions yet you are also assuming that anything at all was going to change on Nvidia branding with AIBs to make things more transparent. I on the other hand have assessed an actual thing that did happen and can point to it, a real provable thing that can be shown.

Don't throw the assumption card if you're the one playing it.

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol but aibs that only make cards for 1 company does it lol

Oh wow

Enough said

What does that even mean? Does what?

6 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Seems to have far too much faith in the word of company while being blind to the actual actions being taken. It's nice to be able to trust what a company says but they have to earn that trust, something Nvidia has not earned.

Neither has AMD nor Intel for that matter.

"Things will get better if you let as do what we want, promise. It'll all work out in the end for us".

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Seems to have far too much faith in the word of company while being blind to the actual actions being taken. It's nice to be able to trust what a company says but they have to earn that trust, something Nvidia has not earned.

Neither has AMD nor Intel for that matter.

"Things will get better if you let as do what we want, promise. It'll all work out in the end for us".

That's right. Companies are people and therefore always have our best interests at heart.

14 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Evga can redesign their cards all the time but the bigger companies cant cause of money right lol

@leadeater

They were never given a chance

Just a bunch of liberal whine from the get go because of a biased typical kyle rant comparing to Intel which wasnt even comparable 

Typical liberal guilty until proven innocent shit of today

Oh wait last couple gens weren't significant jumps they fucked us

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Evga can redesign their cards all the time but the bigger companies cant cause of money right lol

You mean the small changes that all companies make from generation to generation like the Asus DCII to their current one? Or are you talking about the changes EVGA made because their ACX 3.0 sucked and didn't make contact with any of the VRM components, paving the way for their ICX cooler?

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Just a bunch of liberal whine from the get go because of a biased typical kyle rant comparing to Intel which wasnt even comparable 

They were given a chance. Every single media outlet asked for comment and clarification of the GPP. Why you can't understand this is beyond me. The evidence for them having practices that consumers would not like/benefit from is overwhelming. How much does a company have to try to hide something before you become suspicious? If their GPP is a good thing then I'm all ears but Nvidia would rather throw it back in our face and say that we ruined a good thing by asking about it.

Instead of apologising for the mess and poorly explained program or even its unintended effects (doubt it) Nvidia chose to blame the consumer. That is quite frankly the most pathetic and unprofessional way the company could have handled the situation. If Jen-Hsun Huang could simply put his ego to one side we might have seen a better outcome.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

They were given a chance, when the collective tech industry (journalist and consumers) all asked "Hey what are you doing" and Nvidia decided not to explain themselves. The chance was given and not taken.

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

wait....... Kyle had a rant? who is Kyle again? im pretty shure ive not payed attention to Kyle`s rant on the GPP. 

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

considering this Gen of GPUs have lasted 2 years.............. but then again a lot of people give node issues the credit for delayed and staggered development. which is something i can partically get behind. 

Nvidia was taken in for questioning for foul practisies (no answer recieved). Nvidia is also the only suspect due to recent rappid un-explainable changes within the industry that aligned with the announchement of the GPP. Affected witness provided insider info from relativly credible sources that has yet to unnamed. The cancelation of the program, even though no answers were recieved and they blamed backlash that occured due to said lack of information for a program meant to increase transparancy.........

Right now Nvidia is the only suspect for these changes that happen to affect AMD`s graphics division. and who else can it be? what else can it be? why? 

if only a certain large company that wishes to be transparent could answer it

Edit: i remember who Kyle is now

Edited by GoldenLag

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

They were given a chance, when the collective tech industry (journalist and consumers) all asked "Hey what are you doing" and Nvidia decided not to explain themselves. The chance was given and not taken.

4 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

wait....... Kyle had a rant? who is Kyle again? im pretty shure ive not payed attention to Kyle`s rant on the GPP. 

considering this Gen of GPUs have lasted 2 years.............. but then again a lot of people give node issues the credit for delayed and staggered development. which is something i can partically get behind. 

Nvidia was taken in for questioning for foul practisies (no answer recieved). Nvidia is also the only suspect due to recent rappid un-explainable changes within the industry that aligned with the announchement of the GPP. Affected witness provided insider info from relativly credible sources that has yet to unnamed. The cancelation of the program, even though no answers were recieved and they blamed backlash that occured due to said lack of information for a program meant to increase transparancy.........

Right now Nvidia is the only suspect for these changes that happen to affect AMD`s graphics division. and who else can it be? what else can it be? why? 

if only a certain large company that wishes to be transparent could answer it

Edit: i remember who Kyle is now

what was there to explain they were taken gaming brands to align their products and allocation, not sure what was so hard to read on their press release

and people rantted about that and comparing it to intel which wasnt even close

just like any company they (supposedly) reverted just like corsair did, because of bad pr

how quickly did corsair revert, bet after many companies started writing articles about it they prolly in the works of just cancelling it instead of explaining, prolly finding another way to get their products aligned

who is bigger asus or nvidia? but asus just gives up their gaming line that easily

oh wait prolly because they are prolly getting different contract than the rest for their cobrand

26 minutes ago, pas008 said:

what was there to explain they were taken gaming brands to align their products and allocation, not sure what was so hard to read on their press release

and people rantted about that and comparing it to intel which wasnt even close

just like any company they (supposedly) reverted just like corsair did, because of bad pr

how quickly did corsair revert, bet after many companies started writing articles about it they prolly in the works of just cancelling it instead of explaining, prolly finding another way to get their products aligned

The blog post was a marketing spiel with absolutely no substance. All you could do based on what it stated was hypothesise it's meaning. The article from Kyle Bennett shone light on some of the terms of the GPP and that is why Nvidia were questioned, because the actions did not match the terms. Nvidia had the perfect opportunity to clear their name since they were approached by almost everyone in the tech press and doing so would have turned that bad PR back onto Kyle Bennett for lying (if he was). You don't hide all information if it's going to exonerate you, do you? How is this difficult to understand?

26 minutes ago, pas008 said:

who is bigger asus or nvidia? but asus just gives up their gaming line that easily

oh wait prolly because they are prolly getting different contract than the rest for their cobrand

I already answered this and you ignored it.

9 hours ago, Carclis said:

Not signing on to the GPP would have been suicide for Asus.

1 minute ago, Carclis said:

The blog post was a marketing spiel with absolutely no substance. All you could do based on what it stated was hypothesise it's meaning. The article from Kyle Bennett shone light on some of the terms of the GPP and that is why Nvidia were questioned, because the actions did not match the terms. Nvidia had the perfect opportunity to clear their name since they were approached by almost everyone in the tech press and doing so would have turned that bad PR back onto Kyle Bennett for lying (if he was). You don't hide all information if it's going to exonerate you, do you? How is this difficult to understand?

I already answered this and you ignored it.

Not signing on to the GPP would have been suicide for Asus.

for starters not signing wasnt even close to suicide for asus how much revenue/profits does asus have compared to nvidia? lol wow

what actions did not match the terms? plz explain? aligning a brand for them exlusively? allocation? oh wait they already do this

same song and dance over with all you guilty until proven innocent fanboys

its not their gaming brand but it was asus's/msi's/etc to do what they want with it

but but they were blackmailed, well where is the evidence? allocation but they can already do that like stated

its anticompetitive but they arent blocking any amd sales in anyway not like intel forcing oem/etc to not sell amd products

its anticonsumer but aligning their products(even though they have some messed up models but thats everywhere) is bad for consumers or fact be easier to have 3rd party coolers on release day?