How do I tell if my power supply is faulty?

My issue with my computer is fully explained here: 

From what I can find out, it's likely the power supply is causing my computer to crash the way it is, but nowhere else am I able to find anyone recounting how their computer screens go black and the power and reset buttons stop working. Can anyone else confirm this theory?

It's not the PSU. 

NONE of what you described points to the PSU.  If anything, the motherboard is bad. 

If the power button stops working as well, it points to the motherboard. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

When you said none of your USB ports were working did you check the ones on the back with that are directly connected to the motherboard?

My keyboard and mouse are connected to the back, and they both lose power.

WAIT 

I had that board. You probably have an old BIOS. I had that issue but it was fixed with the 3401 BIOS. It usually happens a lot more with overclocking.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

My keyboard and mouse are connected to the back, and they both lose power.

Well then that eliminates the case connections, honestly as they said above it is likely be the board, the PSU can cause somewhat similar issues but normally in the event of a PSU failure the system will either shutdown completely or blow a part breaking the computer beyond the initial issue. Advice given above is nulls what I was writing beyond this ^^^

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

9 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

WAIT 

I had that board. You probably have an old BIOS. I had that issue but it was fixed with the 3401 BIOS. It usually happens a lot more with overclocking.

After thinking back on it, I DID start having this issue while I was overclocking about a week and a half ago. Also, I already DID update the BIOS, and when I go to try to do it again, it tells me that I'm on the latest version already.

9 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

After thinking back on it, I DID start having this issue while I was overclocking about a week and a half ago. Also, I already DID update the BIOS, and when I go to try to do it again, it tells me that I'm on the latest version already.

You probably need to up your SOC voltage. On that board you can set it up to 1.2V so try setting the offset up by .3125V to start with, and if that doesn't solve your problem then go up to +.5.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

You probably need to up your SOC voltage. On that board you can set it up to 1.2V so try setting the offset up by .3125V to start with, and if that doesn't solve your problem then go up to +.5.

I don't have the overclocked applied right now, though. That's the issue. It does this even when running completely stock.

Just now, fireclaw316 said:

I don't have the overclocked applied right now, though. That's the issue. It does this even when running completely stock.

Is your RAM running at DOCP speeds? 

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Is your RAM running at DOCP speeds? 

It was, then when my computer started locking up, I disabled it, but when it still kept doing it, I re-enabled it.

2 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

It was, then when my computer started locking up, I disabled it, but when it still kept doing it, I re-enabled it.

After you reset CMOS and do all the same stuff again, does that solve it?

Supposedly running both HWInfo64 and Asus AI Suite at the same time can often cause that. Perhaps try uninstalling AI Suite.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

After you reset CMOS and do all the same stuff again, does that solve it?

Supposedly running both HWInfo64 and Asus AI Suite at the same time can often cause that. Perhaps try uninstalling AI Suite.

I'll keep AI Suite disabled, but I did have to clear CMOS after the trying to overclock and the only options that I have changed since are DOCP and certain options relating to networking.

2 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

I'll keep AI Suite disabled, but I did have to clear CMOS after the trying to overclock and the only options that I have changed since are DOCP and certain options relating to networking.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94642-ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING-issues

Check that for all the various issues that board faces. Mine, especially with any BIOS after 3401, had tons of issues with getting RAM to run at higher speeds.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94642-ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING-issues

Check that for all the various issues that board faces. Mine, especially with any BIOS after 3401, had tons of issues with getting RAM to run at higher speeds.

That thing the one guy said about getting black screens and only being able to fix it is by physically cutting power from the system makes me even more certain that it's a problem specific to this motherboard and that I should just get a new(different) one.