What is the best software for troubleshooting

SM Phoo

Made a post a few days ago about a friends PC, anyway he's still having some issues so I am going round later to have a look.

Right now, from turning the PC on, to loading a game, whether it was PUBG or Fortnite, he says the PC turns itself off and the fans (I don't know which, I am assuming PSU or GPU) kick in hard, but he has to hold down the PC power button to actually turn it off so he can restart. He said it did this around 10 times in a row last night.

Anyway, I was wondering, what would be the best software to check stuff like PSU, GPU heats etc.

Uh, you can't check the PSU unless it has a connection to the computer like the AXi series...

For temps and other data you can use HWinfo or HWmonitor.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

44 minutes ago, SM Phoo said:

Made a post a few days ago about a friends PC, anyway he's still having some issues so I am going round later to have a look.

Right now, from turning the PC on, to loading a game, whether it was PUBG or Fortnite, he says the PC turns itself off and the fans (I don't know which, I am assuming PSU or GPU) kick in hard, but he has to hold down the PC power button to actually turn it off so he can restart. He said it did this around 10 times in a row last night.

Anyway, I was wondering, what would be the best software to check stuff like PSU, GPU heats etc.

We would need to know the specs/model of the system.

I had some failing Dell PCs that did the same thing, turns out they had a failing power supply...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.