Suggest some PS4 games.

Underi

I'm looking for some games for my PS4 to make some use of it since I actually own one. I have about 75 euros to spend on the PS Store and I'd preferably buy console exclusives, since I own quite a bit of games on PC. So most major AAA titles that are out on PC are out.

I've been thinking about either Horizon Zero Dawn, but I feel like I don't like the setting, and the new God of War, but I heard the combat is bad or something. Some games that I already own on PS4 are Persona 5, both Watch_Dogs games, Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

I really liked the setting of HZD. i'll admit the starting area is a bit closed-off, but once the game opens it's super interesting to explore. the beginning is a lot like Witcher 3 actually, where you start at a relatively lackluster place but gets better 

God of War combat isn't that bad. different from past games, tho. i think it got its cues from Dark Souls however isn't like combat in that game. you can still juggle enemies in the air, executions, and so on. but it moved away from hack-and-slash somewhat. for me the coolest thing is the Axe. you can throw it and summon it, similar to Thor's Hammer. you can even hit enemies from behind as you summon the Axe. 

also the kid, Atreus you don't have to babysit. there are very rare occasions where he'll need help, but it's very rare. in fact it never happens once you deck him out. speaking of the kid, the whole father-son thing is one of the best about the story 

Alright, I went with the new God of War and bought the Digital Deluxe version. Downloading it at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions!

My stuff:

Spoiler

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Horizon Zero Dawn

Okami HD

Shadow of the Collossus

FFXII Zodiac Age

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing. 

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

9 hours ago, Underi said:

I'm looking for some games for my PS4 to make some use of it since I actually own one. I have about 75 euros to spend on the PS Store and I'd preferably buy console exclusives, since I own quite a bit of games on PC. So most major AAA titles that are out on PC are out.

I've been thinking about either Horizon Zero Dawn, but I feel like I don't like the setting, and the new God of War, but I heard the combat is bad or something. Some games that I already own on PS4 are Persona 5, both Watch_Dogs games, Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne.

You are late, last week there was this "Big in Japan" Sale.

But Start with Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Series (I'd recommend to play one and then something else for a while. Right now 1-3 Remastered are on Sale, the Collection however is not, for whatever reason so in this case the remastered 1-3 make a bit more sense than the Collection).

The usual JRPG Stuff: Ni No Kuni (though on PC), Persona 5, 

Plattforming Things: Gravity Rush Remastered, 2 and Racthet & Clank

Action Shooter Thingy: Infamous First Light + Second Son

Hack and Slashi with Plattforming or Puzzle Thingy: God of War 3, Knack, Knack 2

And remember, Wait for a Sale of the Games!

Or get the Disc Version!

So right Now I'd recommend you getting a Year Playstation Plus for the Free Games. And Rebates on some games.

For example, God of War 3 Remastered 14.99€ w/o PS PLus, 13,24 with. And this Month you get Beyond Two Souls and Raymen Legends.

Anyway, to get right now I'd recommend:

Knack for 4,99€, Knack 2 for 19,99€ 

God of War 3 Remastered 

The new God of War (I got it on Disc for 59,90€)

Maybe, eventually The Order 1886 (14.99€, though a bit Expensive I got it for 10,99€ and its not that bad just not worth that much and the Ending is kinda shitty) , Infamous first Light for 4,99€, 

Far Cry 4 isn't a bad idea for 12,99 for the Standard and 17,99€ for the Gold one...

The sale right now is pretty shit, prices aren't great and the Games aren't great/exclusive either...

Sad thing is the Sale up to the 10th of May was pretty awesome and had many exclusives...

Anyway, the buttom line of what I'd recommend:
Knack (wich isn't that easy), the new God of War and Infamous First Light.

Destroy all Humans only if you have PS Plus (2,99€ instead of 6,99€)

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

9 hours ago, Underi said:

Alright, I went with the new God of War and bought the Digital Deluxe version. Downloading it at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions!

Then you still got another 5 bucks for Knack, don't you? ;)

if you don't care for HZD save your money for Red dead Redemption 2. in the meantime play PC :P

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

if you don't care for HZD save your money for Red dead Redemption 2. in the meantime play PC :P

Initial release date: October 26, 2018

That's almost 6 Months until then...

Seriously enjoying God of War at the moment, the visuals are amazing.

Far Cry 5 was very good if you haven't played on pc already. 

Last of Us for definite if you haven't played it already.

I LOVED Horizon zero dawn, could not put the controller down. You will get the expansion also for well below your budget.

Red Dead on PS now id you haven't played it before now to get in the mood for Red Dead 2.

On 12.5.2018 at 4:57 AM, Stefan Payne said:

-snip-

I actually bought Persona 5 from the japan sale, not really interested in ni no kuni etc.

My stuff:

Spoiler

Get Kill Zone Shadow Fall. I thought it was going to be a nothing game but the story was loads of fun with some variations in game play.  At time the game looks great and when you die vs the Helghast there are some interesting and funny things they do to you or around you.  They can get under your skin. LOL!  Also if you like controlling a floating droid and having it do various things in support to keep you alive you will like this game.  I am not a good gamer so I basically just had him attack but the thing is you got to call him back so he doesn't die.  When you call him back he gets health back.  Finally there is also a spot where you get to control a robotic spider form which is cool. Uh as for bad things with the game invisible walls where you would not like them can be a problem and controls can be a problem at times but really for the $9.99 or so I paid for this it was well worth it.