We all know Xeon processors can be Dual-CPU but what about Intel Core series?

Hi. We all know about all Xeon processors can works with Dual-CPU by adding Xeon motherboard but, what about Intel Core series processors? I think Intel Core i7 8700K needs to work with Dual-CPU mode but this needs new motherboards with Dual LGA 1151-V2 Socket... I expect that from Intel soon... But, what you guys think about that too? I really expect from Intel...

Gamers can become Musician too... There is no problem with it. For example Post malone, he is Pop Singer/Musician but, now he is Gamer too. I'm Gamer/Musician. I don't think is that makes problem but, someone hate that actually... Lol.

No Intel core series has to my knowledge never supported dual cpu. That is the expertize of the Xeons.

If they added all the xeon features to the cheaper consumer cpu's, who would buy the Xeons?

1151 is a consumer level range, I doubt they'll ever make dual socket boards for them, the demand just isn't there.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

1151 is a consumer level range, I doubt they'll ever make dual socket boards for them, the demand just isn't there.

Well i think they needs to do. Because 10nm and 7nm developing is very hard... And if someone wants more better performance, they have to make it Dual-CPU socket on Motherboard and new Intel Core series processors... But if 8. Generation of Intel processors cannot support Dual-CPU, then i expect after 9. or 10. Generation of Intel Core series processors have support for Dual-Socket... If graphics cards sometimes needs SLI/Crossfire, then i think nowadays CPU's needs too... Also Dual-Socket idea is good idea because, different sockets means less hot. If the Single CPU have total 12 Cores, with a Liquid Cooler temps more hot because everything in One cpu but, if they works with other sockets (Dual), they have two CPU coolers and 6+6 = 12 Cores works better and more faster. Also, Intel core series have most higher Single core performance too and Multi Core too... If Intel makes support for Dual Socket, Single Core performance going to DOUBLE performance... That's sounds very cool, right? Also Multi-Core performance getting double too...

Gamers can become Musician too... There is no problem with it. For example Post malone, he is Pop Singer/Musician but, now he is Gamer too. I'm Gamer/Musician. I don't think is that makes problem but, someone hate that actually... Lol.

1 minute ago, erdemalsirt said:

Well i think they needs to do. Because 10nm and 7nm developing is very hard... And if someone wants more better performance, they have to make it Dual-CPU socket on Motherboard and new Intel Core series processors... But if 8. Generation of Intel processors cannot support Dual-CPU, then i expect after 9. or 10. Generation of Intel Core series processors have support for Dual-Socket... If graphics cards sometimes needs SLI/Crossfire, then i think nowadays CPU's needs too...

They literally have no need to.

If someone needs higher core count and high clock speed, the i9's exist for that.

Your SLI/Crossfire example also isn't great, as support for that is less and less common nowadays, and games that do have support for it, it's badly optimised.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

No.

There is no QPI links for the ability to run dual-CPU.

There is no point dual-CPUing when they can technically do it on-die. And even then without a fast bus you will find latency issues in games when attempting to utilize all cores.

idk

As said, there is no demand for them. But I would love to see some brands make dual socket 1151 boards made by brands, or even Intel perhaps.

It would be a great concept and I would love to see two i7 8700k's working together.

hi.

8 minutes ago, erdemalsirt said:

We all know about all Xeon processors can works with Dual-CPU by adding Xeon motherboard

not entirely correct.

*some* xeons can be run on dual-socket boards, you can look this up on ark.intel.com

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

No.

There is no QPI links for the ability to run dual-CPU.

There is no point dual-CPUing when they can technically do it on-die. And even then without a fast bus you will find latency issues in games when attempting to utilize all cores.

This.

To add - if you check CPU specs (i7-8700k for example), it also says that maximum CPU configuration is 1.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

As said, there is no demand for them. But I would love to see some brands make dual socket 1151 boards made by brands, or even Intel perhaps.

It would be a great concept and I would love to see two i7 8700k's working together.

never going to happen, because dual-cpu support comes from the cpu, not from the motherboard.

Just now, jj9987 said:

This.

To add - if you check CPU specs (i7-8700k for example), it also says that maximum CPU configuration is 1.

I want to contact with Intel about that and i want to everyone contact with Intel. The next generation, i hope Intel can do that...The 9th and 10th Generation of Intel core processors have total 2 CPU socket support i hope...

Just now, erdemalsirt said:

I want to contact with Intel about that and i want to everyone contact with Intel. The next generation, i hope Intel can do that...The 9th and 10th Generation of Intel core processors have total 2 CPU socket support i hope...

Why? Dual-socket/dual-CPU systems are pretty complicated.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, erdemalsirt said:

You can keep dreaming then, cause it ain't gonna happen lol.

not gonna happen. i'd dare say the desktop platforms will *never* have dual-cpu support, in favor of higher core count single cpu's.

On 10/05/2018 at 6:43 PM, manikyath said:

never going to happen, because dual-cpu support comes from the cpu, not from the motherboard.

Oh, so Intel would need to develop new CPU's, like a new generation and add

On 10/05/2018 at 6:40 PM, Droidbot said:

QPI links

to both of the CPU's? Is that what it is?

hi.

Just now, jj9987 said:

Why? Dual-socket/dual-CPU systems are pretty complicated.

I think Dual-Socket for Intel Core series can be really good... It's not 4 or 6 Sockets. I think Dual-Socket it can be great for gamers and renderer people.

I think Dual-Socket for Intel Core series can be really good... It's not 4 or 6 Sockets. I think Dual-Socket it can be great for gamers and renderer people.

Dual socket has 0 advantage to gamers, as the majority of games still only utilise up to 4 cores, which even a single i3 has now.

And renderers can go for an i9 chip instead, high core clock and high core count.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Oh, so Intel would need to develop new CPU's, like a new generation and add

never going to happen. it is something that has no appeal at all for the desktop platform, and for the people who require the features of dual-socket (or even quad-socket) boards there's plenty of server and workstation options.

3 minutes ago, erdemalsirt said:

gaming: it'll make things worse if anything, because of interconnect latency between the processors..

as for rendering, yes, there's lots of folks using dual-processor servers for rendering ;)

On 10/05/2018 at 6:46 PM, erdemalsirt said:

If this does get implemented, which it most likely wont, there will be a whole lot of optimization needed.

It will also require users to run the server edition of windows , because the consumer edition widows only supports 1 CPU. Pretty sure the server edition of windows doesn't have support for many applications.

hi.

If Intel made Dual-Socket 9th gen Intel core series motherboard, i expect that features:

Intel core i7 9700K (5 Ghz TurboBoost with 8 Cores, 16 Threads) (Just in theory that speed...)

Now... If we install Intel Core i7 9700K on a Dual-Socket (Supports 9th Intel Core series), then the performance can be DOUBLE if Intel really won that optimize work....

Two Intel Core i7 9700K = Showing on Windows 10 Task manager (10 Ghz with 16 Cores and, 32 Threads)

If Intel made Dual-Socket 9th gen Intel core series motherboard, i expect that features:

Intel core i7 9700K (5 Ghz TurboBoost with 8 Cores, 16 Threads) (Just in theory that speed...)

Now... If we install Intel Core i7 9700K on a Dual-Socket (Supports 9th Intel Core series), then the performance can be DOUBLE if Intel really won that optimize work....

Two Intel Core i7 9700K = Showing on Windows 10 Task manager (10 Ghz with 16 Cores and, 32 Threads)

not going to happen. never going to happen. stop dreaming.

if you want dual-socket, that's always going to be on the server platforms, and workstation platforms, where it belongs.

Yeah maybe that "Server motherboard's Dual Socket" technology is not good for gaming but, i am sure Intel can develop new Processors like Dual-Socket-V2 (More different Dual-Socket technology... Not like Server motherboards... Completely different algorithms etc...)

If gaming motherboards can have Dual-Socket, they works like that Algorithm: The Dual-Socket motherboard merge two CPU's and it make works like Single CPU... If that algorithm can be work, no any optimize problems... For sure...