We should have an emulation forum

Right know we only have console gaming, but that doesnt include emulation. Just a thought!

3 minutes ago, Hunter_Finlay said:

Right know we only have console gaming, but that doesnt include emulation. Just a thought!

There is a massive grey area in emulation. If you don't own physical copies of the games you emulate, it's technically piracy and illegal to be discussed on the forum ;) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

14 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

There is a massive grey area in emulation. If you don't own physical copies of the games you emulate, it's technically piracy and illegal to be discussed on the forum ;) 

In fact I'm pretty sure even ripping games you own is considered piracy in some countries.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Not to mention BIOSes

What would we talk about? Because often times the use case is to play pirated games and we can't exactly have people going around asking where to get ISOs and ROM dumps of games. And if you want to know how to get something set up on an emulator, that's what the emulator's site's forum is for.

Any other topic of conversation I can think of would be too technical for most of the users here.

Won't happen. Emulation isn't legal in many countries and is considered piracy, and so against our Community Standards.

While we don't actively hunt those topics down, when one is found, it's locked and the OP is contacted as to why.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Can we discuss Dynamic Recompilation vs Interpretation?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

We could still discuss hardware and the emulation software (no ROMs) without legal issue. 

I should also say that I don't, for one moment think everyone here will respect this restriction.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, we don't necessarily need emulation involved in this. We could talk about code morphing processors like Project Denver and still have this topic going somewhere.

MIPS to ARM would be preferable. :P

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

-Moved to Feature Suggestions-

Emulation on this forum is one of the greyest areas there is in our rule book, so for that reason it probably won't happen. I'm also not sure if we get enough emulation related posts to even allow for its own subforum.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!