1080p gaming 100+fps minimum with ULTRA settings

Kenjo

The 1080 Ti would be your best bet but the 1080 will get you fantastic frames at ultra as well

9 hours ago, Kenjo said:

Not powerful enough to run 1080p Ultra settings over 100 fps in alot of titles.... why suggest it ? 

I run 1080p 100 fps in most ultra settings in most games with a gtx 1070 xD 

See here : 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

8 hours ago, Morgan Everett said:

That's a pretty broad request. What are you trying to achieve here?

I guess a simple question in english is hard to comprehend, i would like to know what games you played at what resolution and what settings including msaa/aa, i dont see what the issue is, i will give you an example. 

Gta V , 1440 , 16xAA/8x MSAA everything maxxed out.... 

Because saying you played it at Your max/high settings means nothing to me since im not you ;)

4 hours ago, Kenjo said:

I guess a simple question in english is hard to comprehend, i would like to know what games you played at what resolution and what settings including msaa/aa, i dont see what the issue is, i will give you an example. 

Gta V , 1440 , 16xAA/8x MSAA everything maxxed out.... 

Because saying you played it at Your max/high settings means nothing to me since im not you ;)

No, I understood the question; I just wanted to know why you were asking it. You've not explained that here.

In any case, since your attitude is so poor, that's the end of my attempt to help you, pending an apology.

1 hour ago, Morgan Everett said:

No, I understood the question; I just wanted to know why you were asking it. You've not explained that here.

In any case, since your attitude is so poor, that's the end of my attempt to help you, pending an apology.

An Apology for what ? asking an inquesative question ok then you wont be getting any apology from me Sir, It was a simple straightforward question i asked and not even that far fetched either, I dont know or understand why you went into defensive mode when asked a simple question, since ur own admission you have had the 70/70 ti/ 80 / 80 Ti and you ran most of the games yet you refuse to comment on what settings and resolution you ran them at, how is that a warrant for me issuing an apology to you ? 

Ah well it has been sorted now anyway if you where wondering and the items arrive in 2 weeks... 

Have a nice sunday and enjoy the footie

38 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

An Apology for what ? asking an inquesative question ok then you wont be getting any apology from me Sir, It was a simple straightforward question i asked and not even that far fetched either, I dont know or understand why you went into defensive mode when asked a simple question, since ur own admission you have had the 70/70 ti/ 80 / 80 Ti and you ran most of the games yet you refuse to comment on what settings and resolution you ran them at, how is that a warrant for me issuing an apology to you ? 

Ah well it has been sorted now anyway if you where wondering and the items arrive in 2 weeks... 

Have a nice sunday and enjoy the footie

An apology for your poor attitude, of course: “I guess a simple question in english is hard to comprehend”. 

In any case, I hope it turns out well for you.

S3 trio 4mb variant!

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

19 hours ago, Morgan Everett said:

An apology for your poor attitude, of course: “I guess a simple question in english is hard to comprehend”. 

In any case, I hope it turns out well for you.

So i should apologies for clarifying the question as you answered "i dont really get your question?" is grounds for an apology????

Ah well it has been sorted now anyway and the parts are on their way ;) 

That card actually doesn't exist. Literally every card on the market drops below 100fps at Ultra settings at some point in some games. For example Ghost Recon Wildlands averages around 80fps on a 1080ti at 1080p ultra. Even a Titan Xp (The newest one) would average around 85fps 1080p ultra.

In other words, the closest you can get is a Titan Xp, but since it's only like 5% faster I'd recommend a 1080ti.

Either that or wait for the 2080 and maybe be able to get there. Also the 2700x can't keep every game above 100fps 100% of the time. For that you'll need an 8 core coffee lake CPU coming later this year.

(I'd recommend setting more reasonable expectations, because tweaking settings to high will make a 1080 be able to keep 100fps in almost all games and make your Ryzen 2700x be just fine, but whatever floats your boat)

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

32 minutes ago, Zeitec said:

That card actually doesn't exist. Literally every card on the market drops below 100fps at Ultra settings at some point in some games. For example Ghost Recon Wildlands averages around 80fps on a 1080ti at 1080p ultra. Even a Titan Xp (The newest one) would average around 85fps 1080p ultra.

In other words, the closest you can get is a Titan Xp, but since it's only like 5% faster I'd recommend a 1080ti.

Either that or wait for the 2080 and maybe be able to get there. Also the 2700x can't keep every game above 100fps 100% of the time. For that you'll need an 8 core coffee lake CPU coming later this year.

(I'd recommend setting more reasonable expectations, because tweaking settings to high will make a 1080 be able to keep 100fps in almost all games and make your Ryzen 2700x be just fine, but whatever floats your boat)

Thank you very much for this detailed explenation and i was kinda thinking the same but needed more verifications on the matter... i do figure that a 1080ti will last quite a while for gaming ... i have signed a wife contract for 5 years untill next upgrade so ;)

Keep in mind if you really mean MAX all the settings all the time; no card can do that.

If you turn up all settings & options in some games even the 1080Ti just poops its pants.

I'm just going to say it, once you max the settings you'll barely see a difference between High and Ultra and wonder where the extra eye candy went.

Here is my simple explanation :

You put the setting son Medium : Game looks good but a little rough around the edges

You put the settings on High : Game looks flawless and unless put your nose against the screen it'll look stunning.

You put the settings on Extra/Ultra : Game looks flawless and unless put your nose against the screen it'll look stunning.

All the extra detail is lost, rarely do the developers seem to intend for us to run a game on maximum graphic fidelity.

TL;DR:

Best of the best is the Titan V.

That'll almost be able to fully max every game with some exceptions.

A 1080 Ti will not do that in every single game.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

2 hours ago, Kenjo said:

So i should apologies for clarifying the question as you answered "i dont really get your question?" is grounds for an apology????

Ah well it has been sorted now anyway and the parts are on their way ;) 

No: as I've already said, I suggested an apology would be in order for your poor attitude: "I guess a simple question in english is hard to comprehend”. 

And, again, I understood your question. I just wanted to know why you were asking it, which then elicited the rude response I've just quoted.

If everything is now sorted, you've no need to keep this conversation going.

Doesn't exist.

An overclocked Titan Xp will manage 22 fps in GTA 5. 1080p Ultra settings (And Ultra settings means EVERY SINGLE THING maxed out).

Your options:

1. Wait a few years

2. Learn what graphic settings are, how they work, and how to use them (sounds dumb, but alot players do not have any knowledge about this)

3. live with less fps.

There is always a way to bring a GPU down. Always.

A few year old Rise of the Tomb raider, maxed out (which means, SSAA x4 also), and my GTX 1080 wont even hold 60 fps. And that's just at the 1 spot i'm standing right now.

Reduce it to FXAA, you don't even notice any visual difference, and you get more than double the fps.

So a question for yourself: What do you need ULTRA settings for, when you can't even notice them, especially in that pixelated mess called 1080p?

Just a few screenshots:

OCed titan Xp (and i7 5960X ) in GTA 5. 1080p resolution, Ultra settings:

gta5_2017_06_22_17_54p2up5.jpg

Same system, but only 2 things were changed. Resolution up to 4k, and Anti Aliasing down from MSAAx8:

gta5_2017_06_22_17_46tguz5.jpg

And if you're interested, this is 4k LOW settings (with a CPU Bottleneck):

gta5_2017_06_22_17_50lyuan.jpg

Edit: Just to show everyone.. also people, who find this thread:

Don't go blindly nuts over some stupid "Ultra" Settings (you probably won't even notice).

Graphic settings are there for a reason, and there is alot between ultra and low. Some minor tweaks can easy double your fps with probably less than 0.5-1% visual loss. ^^

22 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Doesn't exist.

An overclocked Titan Xp will manage 22 fps in GTA 5. 1080p Ultra settings (And Ultra settings means EVERY SINGLE THING maxed out).

Your options:

1. Wait a few years

2. Learn what graphic settings are, how they work, and how to use them (sounds dumb, but alot players do not have any knowledge about this)

3. live with less fps.

There is always a way to bring a GPU down. Always.

A few year old Rise of the Tomb raider, maxed out (which means, SSAA x4 also), and my GTX 1080 wont even hold 60 fps. And that's just at the 1 spot i'm standing right now.

Reduce it to FXAA, you don't even notice any visual difference, and you get more than double the fps.

So a question for yourself: What do you need ULTRA settings for, when you can't even notice them, especially in that pixelated mess called 1080p?

Just a few screenshots:

OCed titan Xp (and i7 5960X ) in GTA 5. 1080p resolution, Ultra settings:

gta5_2017_06_22_17_54p2up5.jpg

Same system, but only 2 things were changed. Resolution up to 4k, and Anti Aliasing down from MSAAx8:

gta5_2017_06_22_17_46tguz5.jpg

And if you're interested, this is 4k LOW settings (with a CPU Bottleneck):

gta5_2017_06_22_17_50lyuan.jpg

Edit: Just to show everyone.. also people, who find this thread:

Don't go blindly nuts over some stupid "Ultra" Settings (you probably won't even notice).

Graphic settings are there for a reason, and there is alot between ultra and low. Some minor tweaks can easy double your fps with probably less than 0.5-1% visual loss. ^^

Excellent showcase ! 

You are very correct in what your saying that not a single card around today or in 2-3 years will do 1080p ultra at all times above 100fps... what i ment and i should have clarified abit better but i was stressed out of my face with the time restriction on the purchase... was that i wanted 100+fps for more than 5% of the time.. basicly a card capable of doing say 101fps 80% of the time rather than 1% of the time... so instead of having say 5 seconds of 101fps and the rest 55fps it was more a mainstay fps ;) 

Also Morgan just because im blunt doesnt mean it is intended to be rude, i thought you English lads had a bit of skin on your nose  ;) married to a wonderful british woman she aint asking me to apologize all day ;) she just kicks me in the shin when ive gone to far ;)