Air cooling for i7 7700k that is compatible with my case?

4 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Master Liquid 240s are like $60

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Doesn't seem to be compatible, found this one though seems a bit better maybe, I honestly don't know how to just these types of cpu coolers, just assuming the higher cfm the better?
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9FgPxr/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060024ww

2 minutes ago, I_Tried said:

Doesn't seem to be compatible, found this one though seems a bit better maybe, I honestly don't know how to just these types of cpu coolers, just assuming the higher cfm the better?
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9FgPxr/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060024ww

$100 for a 120mm AIO is a joke.

Mostly just look up reviews for them, most are going to perform about the same. Probably just grab the cheapest decent one, likely the Master Liquid 120 at $50

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

$100 for a 120mm AIO is a joke.

Mostly just look up reviews for them, most are going to perform about the same. Probably just grab the cheapest decent one, likely the Master Liquid 120 at $50

And i noticed my air CPU cooler had higher cfm than the first aio cooler I chose, does that matter or?

6 minutes ago, I_Tried said:

And i noticed my air CPU cooler had higher cfm than the first aio cooler I chose, does that matter or?

Higher air flow might help, biggest thing is going to be the design of the air cooler and how big it is vs the liquid cooler.

Like a Hyper 212 Evo is probably pretty close to a 120mm AIO, probably not a major difference between your original air cooler and a 120mm AIO.

Though I'd really just go for that sweet Core 500 though man...

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Higher air flow might help, biggest thing is going to be the design of the air cooler and how big it is vs the liquid cooler.

Like a Hyper 212 Evo is probably pretty close to a 120mm AIO, probably not a major difference between your original air cooler and a 120mm AIO.

Though I'd really just go for that sweet Core 500 though man...

Ya know what, the pc I have now has a 1050 TI 4gb single fan in it, I'm gonna throw that in this build and get a weaker cpu and a normal air fan, and go with the core 500 for the 1070 build.

13 minutes ago, I_Tried said:

Ya know what, the pc I have now has a 1050 TI 4gb single fan in it, I'm gonna throw that in this build and get a weaker cpu and a normal air fan, and go with the core 500 for the 1070 build.

The G4560 is a pretty good CPU for 60hz gaming, only $60.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117743

Spoiler

hi the build looks ok but it might be better for you to build an amd ryzen build instead off the i7 build you would save yourself a few $ and have a more future proof system in that amd are going to keep using socket am4 upto 2020 unlike intell who sem to change socket every year and some off the motherboards are backward compatible with am3 fittings

also if you accidently bend the pins on an intel socket motherbaord they are very hard to repair the pins on the amd cpu are very easy to repair in that you can repair them at home just with a craft knife i no from very expensive personal experiance

also what resolution are you gaming at cause the 1080 is only needed if your gaming at 4k or using multiple monitors you would be better off with an 1070 or even a 1060 if your gaming at 1080 resolution

i no you said you already hade the board but you can resell that or take it back to the store you bought it from and replace it

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You could also just go MicroATX with a Q300L which is still pretty small...L is the one that actually has airflow.

The Q300L isn't that small. Its footprint is similar to the S340 which is a mid tower. Then again, most cases mentioned in this thread so far aren't that small in general.

5 hours ago, I_Tried said:

The amount of airflow provided by the fan is measured in cfm. The fan plays a role in a cooler's performance but not nearly as much as the size or design of the heatsink/rad. 

It seems like there's been a few changes to the plan so far. What's the current parts list your have in mind?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

And you are getting the 7700k because ... ? That cpu has heat issue, heat spike issues.

13 hours ago, I_Tried said:

Hi everybody, so this will be my first build, but first let me explain the scenario, I really really enjoy micro and mini pc builds, and I am an avid gamer, I also have to travel from Florida to Texas every month, and need the smallest gaming rig possible, I have settled on this build, but am quite worried that my CPU will stay hot while gaming and want the temperatures to stay somewhat lower than 80 to 90 degrees I DO NOT want water cooling at all, as I have no idea how to upkeep it and the thought of water in a pc really sketches me out, so would the CPU fan in the list below be sufficient enough to keep the build from being slow or dying.

Build list- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBQGq4

I have used an air cooler with a 7700k before and it got decent thermals. Personally I would recommend downgrading the CPU as you are using it primarily for Gaming which doesn't require alot of CPU power personally I would reccommed a i5-6600 or if you want to stick with an i7 try an AIO cooler

idk tbh

18 hours ago, I_Tried said:

Hi everybody, so this will be my first build, but first let me explain the scenario...

So firstly, you MOST DEFINITELY want air-cooling for this build. While water-cooling really isn't all that scary for most builds, a PC that is heavily transported is an entirely different story.

Every bump, shake, and tilt will slowly move fittings and tubing and will severely increase your chance of leaks, water in portable builds is simply not a smart idea, weather its an AIO or a custom loop, its definitely NOT worth it.

That Silverstone Cooler you have chosen is fairly decent, and as long as you can get a fan or two in the case to supply fresh air to the mobo area, you should be fine, just try not to overclock if you can avoid it. Unfortunately there aren't really any low-profile coolers that can handle maximum overclocks, so this rule will remain no matter what you do.

I would consider the newer 8700 non-K CPU (if you havent already purchaced the 7700). No reason to buy outdated CPUs, the savings wont even be worth it and you will likely regret the decision very quickly. With the 8700 non-K, not only can you get a cheaper mobo due to not having to worry about overclocking, you will also have more than enough power for anything you want to do with the machine for many years to come. Pretty sure nobody is going to be saying "12 Threads isn't enough!" anytime soon.

One last note, I hope you do not plan to use that included power supply. That is WAY too weak for any build with a GTX 1080 on board. I would suggest a 600w PSU to be well in the clear.

Other than that, looks like you are good to go, enjoy the build!

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread: