LTT should expand

Kamjam21xx

They got enough money to personally buy very expensive things and then purchase stuff like a red camera and whatnot for the business. 

Should totally expand into online retail or something. Maybe i just have that business mindset. i always want to invest my money to make better things, whether it be better 3D motion vfx, video production, audio, concrete, carpentry, etc. I love making money.

After thought... They could totally themselves have an online computer parts store. But then it would be hard to trust that they wouldnt be bias...

Online retail is something completely different from what they do, why would they consider this "expansion"? If Linus wanted to sell stuff, he would be selling stuff, not leading an internet media company.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just now, Lathlaer said:

Online retail is something completely different from what they do, why would they consider this "expansion"? If Linus wanted to sell stuff, he would be selling stuff, not leading an internet media company.

No i just mean like anything, start a concrete company for all i care. It woyld be cool to watch him have buku bucks to do stuff.

You know Linus comes across as a "casual" business guy, but he's a very savvy and intelligent business man, as is the team with him. We'd all love to see LMG continue to grow and expand and who know's, Linus might very well have some kind of customer orientated business model in the works, even if it's just on paper. If you look at some of his projects, he's definitely displayed the characteristics of development, with all the crazy builds and things he does.

One thing about Linus though that separates him from all his counterparts in the YouTube scene, he is VERY diverse. He doesn't stick to on spectrum such as reviews, unboxing's, mods etc...he does it all, I think that Is why he is so popular, oh and he's a pretty cool guy too ;-).

So I would say taking into consideration all his videos, their context and content, Linus expands every single day the team uploads a new video. It's always something different. And in a way, he is generating revenue from his many ideas we see in the videos. Revenue from new sponsors, viewers, partnerships etc who see his YouTube content and want to invest in LMG.

Diversifying is how you stay alive. I started off originally doing videography, but i had to learn a lot of other stuff, eventually came time that a client wanted me to 3D model for them for a straight month.

I remember Linus saying that he'd make a joke Crytocurrency of Linus Coin for Floatplane; was that a foreshadow of a crytobased side company :P i wonder

Yeah totally, give it a few years and they are NCIX number 2.... seriously why change a working model? Floatplane will end up making Linus rich he doesn't have to take his chances with different segments of the market.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yeah totally, give it a few years and they are NCIX number 2.... seriously why change a working model? Floatplane will end up making Linus rich he doesn't have to take his chances with different segments of the market.

I kindof wanna start my own channel now, i made how to videos for advanced vfx stuff. But when only 14 people on earth made use of them, i took them down xD. 

They can "buy" all that fancy stuff, because they have access to a bigger credit line due to being a business. It's not like they have a couple millions laying around that let them just waltz into a store and buy whatever they want.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't think you grasp the cost of running a business like that. Millions not hundred of thousands.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I could see Linus starting up his own auction website to pawn off unnecessary electronics, though as far as an actual retail store goes, I don't think that's happening.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I love making money.

4 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

start a concrete company for all i care. It woyld be cool to watch him have buku bucks to do stuff.

I'm pretty sure that LMG is a business that is not about 'MAKE ALL THE DOLLARS ANYWAY ANYHOW!' and more 'Do the cool stuff we like and get paid doing it' kinda business.  In short, LMG isn't a business that exists to make money for the sake of making money, it exists to make LMG content because that's what they enjoy doing (But they def want to get PAID for doing what they enjoy).

Not everyone is in their career or business just to make more money, for many it's about doing what they do.  In my industry I like sitting behind a computer and making visual effects magic happen.  Know what I don't want to do?  Sit behind a desk and MANAGE other VFX artists even a management position because I couldn't actually enjoy it.

5 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Maybe i just have that business mindset.

Actually I suspect that you don't. Being ambitious and having a business mindset are two very different things. The online retail business is extremely difficult to break into. You need to offer something that is unique to lure in customers, and offer on-par service to the massive giants that exist today to keep them. They also don't have the warehouse space, or the capital for a hope at breaking into it.

like while to use they have alot of stuff, compared to any decent retailer they have pretty much nothing also by doing something like this it makes it harder, if not impossible to work with brand like Amazon or Memory Express for example if to them there not promoters they are competition.

Also if they do invest everything they have, in the 95% percent chance it fails they pretty much have to start from scratch and its likely they wouldn't be able to do that. The farthest I see them right now going they could hire like 5+ people and assemble computer for people 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

42 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Actually I suspect that you don't. Being ambitious and having a business mindset are two very different things. The online retail business is extremely difficult to break into. You need to offer something that is unique to lure in customers, and offer on-par service to the massive giants that exist today to keep them. They also don't have the warehouse space, or the capital for a hope at breaking into it.

Maybe youre just unimaginative.

You can get into online retail for with a decent stock, account, DBA, and all that for under $200???

23 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

You can get into online retail for with a decent stock, account, DBA, and all that for under $200???

...Wait... You think that with enough 'imagination' you can start an entire online PC store for $200...?

25 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

You sound like a kid. That's insanely naive.

You can do online retail with $200 to start.... are you guys joking? Ive sat down with business owners selling $50,000 installations and ones selling tshirts and talked about how they do business and if my services make economic sense for them. 

Im just kindof dissapointed that you guys think that honestly... 

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm pretty sure that LMG is a business that is not about 'MAKE ALL THE DOLLARS ANYWAY ANYHOW!' and more 'Do the cool stuff we like and get paid doing it' kinda business.  In short, LMG isn't a business that exists to make money for the sake of making money, it exists to make LMG content because that's what they enjoy doing (But they def want to get PAID for doing what they enjoy).

Not everyone is in their career or business just to make more money, for many it's about doing what they do.  In my industry I like sitting behind a computer and making visual effects magic happen.  Know what I don't want to do?  Sit behind a desk and MANAGE other VFX artists even a management position because I couldn't actually enjoy it.

Why cant they start an LLC with a seperate name? ... im not impressed with everyones lack of value in economic growth.

5 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Why cant they start an LLC with a seperate name? ... im not impressed with everyones lack of value in economic growth.

I feel like the part where I explained to you that not everyone is motivated by a single minded objective of 'more money' went right over your head... o.O

4 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

You sound like a kid. That's insanely naive.

That's a very defeatest attitude. Look at Amazon, started by a man in a small office with just himself, a computer and knowledge of what people NEED. PayPal was the same, driven by customer needs.

So it's entirely possible to start an online retail business for afew hundred dollars. Alibaba has given many people a profitable business with only a small initial startup cost. Do research into products people want and need, buy them cheap and sell them on. Look at fidget spinners, classic example. Buy in bulk and sell cheap, skin care and health products are another example.

A young man in my country is making hundreds of thousands selling baby formular to Chinese customers, just regular off the shelf baby formular. He's running his business out of his home. Another guy is selling health detox teas etc, very small setup cost but is now earning him buckets of cash. 

People think TOO BIG. The majority of consumer products are small and cheap. So it's not naive at all, it's very possible and many people are doing it. Do research into what people want and need, buy a few hundred dollars worth of product, sell with a small mark up and away you go. The real key to making big bucks is MULTIPLE products, thus widening your consumer audience.

you know they do a ton more then just make videos right? look on their website its lists what they all do. im pretty sure they are busy enough 

Yeah theres people who support their families by selling one dollar trinkets.

You could go buy $100 in books, go to the court house and get your DBA for $100, and start programming. thats a $150,000 a year some places.

46 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Yeah theres people who support their families by selling one dollar trinkets.

You could go buy $100 in books, go to the court house and get your DBA for $100, and start programming. thats a $150,000 a year some places.

It's like you're literally not engaging in any actual conversation in this thread or meaningfully responding to any posts but instead just blurting out additional 'get rich' plans of yours. o.O