what's the difference?

MasterRaceMcqueen

The IP rating is different, the first one is IP52 and the second one is IP67. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

You cant use 24v fans in a PC.  At 12v they may not be able to start spinning on their own.

I will have to make a manual spinning like a old airplane? kkkkkkkkkkkkk ty...

Why even are you buying the noctua industrial fans? If you arent building same crazy machine just buy the noctua consumer fans. The noctua also has the noctua chromax line if you dont like poop brown colour.

Note: These are not for gaming PC. They will be loud. You really only need 1200-1600rpm fans in any PC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Note: These are not for gaming PC. They will be loud. You really only need 1200-1600rpm fans in any PC.

They are the same as their PC fans.  3000 RPM is nothing, I have some 6000-9000 RPM industrial fans for my "extreme" air overclocking bench.

27 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

They are the same as their PC fans.  3000 RPM is nothing, I have some 6000-9000 RPM industrial fans for my "extreme" air overclocking bench.

If you mean the same as their other fans, that's not true. The iPPC's are noisier at the same rpm compared to the normal Noctuas. 

3000rpm is very high for a 140mm fan.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you mean the same as their other fans, that's not true. The iPPC's are noisier at the same rpm compared to the normal Noctuas. 

3000rpm is very high for a 140mm fan.

It depends on the model.  There are IPPC fans that are just black versions of the normal desktop fans.

Also, the 6000+ RPM fans I have are 120mm.  They are VERY noisy but move huge volumes of air at high pressure.  3000 RPM on a 140mm fan is nowhere near that loud, and would be acceptable in comparison.

53 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

It depends on the model.  There are IPPC fans that are just black versions of the normal desktop fans.

Also, the 6000+ RPM fans I have are 120mm.  They are VERY noisy but move huge volumes of air at high pressure.  3000 RPM on a 140mm fan is nowhere near that loud, and would be acceptable in comparison.

They are all PC fans, lol. Industrial models aren't meant for desktop use. Also if you mean they are supposed to be like normal fans, that's not true either. Those would be the Redux fans.

More rpm = higher cfm = more noise. Which is fact. The question comes to what does user want. If they want high airflow onlt, sure iPPC are just fine. But if they are looking using fans at slower speeds, they are moving just as much air with normal fans while making more noise. Even Linus has admitted this in video.

My A15s can go 1600rpm and that's too much noise for me. But at 1200rpm I can't hear them over GPU and drives.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

If you're just looking for black versions of the normal line of Noctuas, it's Chromax. https://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-chromax

The iPPC fans however, aren't just black versions. They have different motors which result in more noise than their normal counterparts.

What's considered too loud varies from person to person. I prefer my Noctuas below 1000rpm if not 800rpm. I'm sure most people would agree that 2000rpm+ 120mm fans are already too loud. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

They are all PC fans, lol. Industrial models aren't meant for desktop use. Also if you mean they are supposed to be like normal fans, that's not true either. Those would be the Redux fans.

More rpm = higher cfm = more noise. Which is fact. The question comes to what does user want. If they want high airflow onlt, sure iPPC are just fine. But if they are looking using fans at slower speeds, they are moving just as much air with normal fans while making more noise. Even Linus has admitted this in video.

My A15s can go 1600rpm and that's too much noise for me. But at 1200rpm I can't hear them over GPU and drives.

I'd rather have a fan with a higher maximum airflow than a quiet fan at the expense of all other performance metrics.  I find this especially true for PWM fans where you can drive them down to 500-1000 RPM anyway.

With proper voltage regulation my 6000 RPM delta can be inaudible while still flowing similar amounts of air at higher pressure than a "silent" fan does when maxed out.

24 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

With proper voltage regulation my 6000 RPM delta can be inaudible

What kind of black magic are you using? Earmuffs?

20 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What kind of black magic are you using? Earmuffs?

No, once it starts you can ramp the voltage way down and it will continue to run at ~800RPM.

The only problem is that the amperage load required to be handled by a voltage controller is very high.  The fan pulls ~60w at full speed, and most voltage regulators for fans top out at ~50w.

You can wire the fan up for 5v operation and it only spins at ~1200 RPM as well, however not all high powered fans will be able to self-start at 5v.

5 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

I'd rather have a fan with a higher maximum airflow than a quiet fan at the expense of all other performance metrics.  I find this especially true for PWM fans where you can drive them down to 500-1000 RPM anyway.

That might be your opinion and preference. But you can't assume it's everyone's. With aor cooling newbies, they see big numbers and think that's only thing that matters. While you can share your opinion on high rpm fans and benefits of them, giving good advice means telling why some others might not like things that way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

With proper voltage regulation my 6000 RPM delta can be inaudible while still flowing similar amounts of air at higher pressure than a "silent" fan does when maxed out.

9 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

No, once it starts you can ramp the voltage way down and it will continue to run at ~800RPM.

The only problem is that the amperage load required to be handled by a voltage controller is very high.  The fan pulls ~60w at full speed, and most voltage regulators for fans top out at ~50w.

You can wire the fan up for 5v operation and it only spins at ~1200 RPM as well, however not all high powered fans will be able to self-start at 5v.

For a second there I thought you had an inaudible 6000 RPM fan. xD

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That might be your opinion and preference. But you can't assume it's everyone's. With aor cooling newbies, they see big numbers and think that's only thing that matters. While you can share your opinion on high rpm fans and benefits of them, giving good advice means telling why some others might not like things that way.

Except you are doing the same thing with silence as the topmost priority.  The 2000-3000 RPM iPPC fans are actually a pretty good compromise.  You don't have to run them at 100% all the time, and many mid-range boards support fan speed control.