Unbranded GPU yay or nay

Spartan3578

So I build pc's my friends is I have a keen interest and a good knowledge of hardware and software but in the process of upgrading my friends aincent desktop from DDR to ddr3 with parts I already own he asked me to look for a cheep GPU now I instantly thought of a gtx 950 as i have one and it is good so whilst looking for one second hand one I came across this on eBay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332608074281 now there seam to be lots selling them I normally tend to stay away from unbranded or brands I don't know but with this being so cheep I an abit tempted but I don't want to east mine and my friends money so thought I would ask here as I love watching the videos and I know I'll get an honest answer

That won't even be real. A 960 for less than £40? c'mon.

Or if you do actually receive something it'll be like one of these, in which case you'll have to spend more money on a proper card afterwards.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I have compared it to a standard 960 on nvidia site and their is a fair amount of difference in the MHz but that could be down to cheepness 

It is not down to Cheapness...

The card you found is not a GTX 960 if you really checked on the Nvidia webside you could see that there is a Huge difference between this card and a real GTX 960...

Don't buy this crap from Ebay do yourself a favor.

2 minutes ago, Spartan3578 said:

I have compared it to a standard 960 on nvidia site and their is a fair amount of difference in the MHz but that could be down to cheepness 

It's not just the frequency and VRAM capacity; there's also CUDA cores and I/O to look at.

The GTX 960s had DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort. If there's anything other than those 3, it's a dead giveaway that it's a fake.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Also just noticed in the ad, they list "192 stream processors". Stream Processors are strictly AMD, so that's another giveaway.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Also just noticed in the ad, they list "192 stream processors". Stream Processors are strictly AMD, so that's another giveaway.

Not to mention they're using some unreleased and next level memory called "GRRD 5" xD 

253468fba105b1ab6b0ccf55a2d91a4a.png

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

ok so I'm defo convinced it fake and not bothering back to searching for good deal on an actual branded one I go kind o knew this was case before posting but part of me wanted to belive

Thanks everyone