What would be the best strix z370 MB to get?

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The highest end one IMO

Being which one?

Just now, channingspike said:

Btw, I want one that will be good for overclocking.

This is such a weird question it's like asking what's the best i7 i can get

Are the strix the only avalible mobo in your country

My life

1 minute ago, channingspike said:

Being which one?

Z370-E.

IIRC, that's the only Strix Z370 motherboard that would be really good for overclocking.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

This is such a weird question it's like asking what's the best i7 i can get

Are the strix the only avalible mobo in your country

No sorry  just meant z370*

The highest end Asus z370 motherboard is the ROG Maximus X Formula which is completely overkill IMO.

An Asus Prime z370-A or an Asus Strix z370-E should be good enough for you. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, channingspike said:

No sorry  just meant z370*

Aorus Gaming WiFi or TUF Gaming Plus

My life

7 minutes ago, Himommies said:

The TUF Z370-Plus is definitely on the low end of Z370 VRMs. 

Honestly, the only Strix board worth buying is the Z370-E. Also consider the Z370 Taichi from AsRock, it's quite a nice board if you want to stretch the extra $30.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just now, TheSLSAMG said:

The TUF Z370-Plus is definitely on the low end of Z370 VRMs.

In my experience unless your going for some crazy liquid nitrogen overclocks,99 percent of the time the silicon lottery will screw you up harder than a mobo VRM is.Just buy one that's under 200 and looks nice to you

My life

16 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Both of those have among the worst VRMs of any Z370 board. Crappy 4 phase things. You can easily heat up the VRM to 100°C with an AiO. And neither of them cost that much less than boards that aren't crappy. 

:)

12 hours ago, Himommies said:

In my experience unless your going for some crazy liquid nitrogen overclocks,99 percent of the time the silicon lottery will screw you up harder than a mobo VRM is.Just buy one that's under 200 and looks nice to you

fake news m8

mobo VRM might screw you up in way that it kills your CPU if you dont treat it responsibly, overheating will cause the components or even PCBs to degrade rather quickly

4 phase is nogo unless its a non-OC board

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM