Quotes that you love

Rakanoth
Just now, FakeCIA said:

"Why I season my CENSORED and not my CLASSIFIED." Not sure if I got this quote right.

Why I season my journalists, not my operations. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 hours ago, Tsuki said:

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome." - River Song...

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

1 hour ago, GreatnessRD said:

Far as money goes

"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." - My Grandfather 

Original quoter, no idea, but this stuck with me.

That's a variation of one I've been using for years: I would rather have it and not need it than to not have it, then need it. It's a good excuse for buying more tools and hoarding computer hardware, etc.

I used to have a bumper sticker that said, "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go) and another one that said, "The worst day of fishing beats the best day of working." I also had one at one time that said, "I would rather be fishing."

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

"yeah, things we don't understand, there's no shortage of them that's for sure",  - Jordan Peterson.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The Beastie Boys fought, and possibly died, for my right to party. Mark from Peepshow.

Oh cock, - James May

Work is the curse of the drinking classes - unknown

私は私、あなたはあなた。

"I am me, you are you."

I picked up the quote from some music lyrics, but I'm not 100% sure where it originated from. A quick search later, and I think the Japanese quote was taken from the English Gestalt Prayer/Gestalt Therapy Verbatim by Fritz Perls.

Huh. 🤔

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

"Don't assume the world is a joke just because you are one"
I came up with that recently while joking around with friends.

"I mean, what have you got to lose?

You know, you come from nothing
You're going back to nothing
What have you lost? Nothing"

- Lyrics from "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" (Monty Python's Life of Brian)

Absolutely love what Carl Sagan said about the "Pale blue dot" picture taken by Voyager 1 in the 90's It gives me chills every time I read it. 

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

rsz_71tfjpct2bitasl_ac_sl1500_.png.d26c0407c69c7ddc7aac95a144cead7d.png

This isn't the full quote, but it's the main part I remember, and the main part that I love. It's my favorite picture matched with my favorite quote.