Am i running dual channel ?

Go to solution Solved by faziten,

1) Swap RAM sticks with each other, sit them properly. (Being detected is not enough to say it's installed properly.)

2) check this: Win+R> msconfig > boot > advanced options > if "Maximum Memory" is unticked like this (don't mind the processor count).

image.png.01e35e31cc1c4410544544073c453e3a.png

It can be a RAM compatibility issue or a non working slot. Remember to check you motherboard manual to install the modules in the suggested order if you have more RAM slots than RAM sticks installed.

So i just my pc today. I installed 2*4gb stick in the right slots. If i check in cpu-z it shows dual channel but my task manager says only 2gb ram left. In system info also it shows 8gb ram but 3.9 usable. I have attached all screenshots below. 

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

1) Swap RAM sticks with each other, sit them properly. (Being detected is not enough to say it's installed properly.)

2) check this: Win+R> msconfig > boot > advanced options > if "Maximum Memory" is unticked like this (don't mind the processor count).

image.png.01e35e31cc1c4410544544073c453e3a.png

It can be a RAM compatibility issue or a non working slot. Remember to check you motherboard manual to install the modules in the suggested order if you have more RAM slots than RAM sticks installed.

You're probably running in dual channel but if you look closely at the Task Manager screenshot you'll see that 4GB of RAM is being reserved by the system leaving you with 4GB to use.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

36 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You're probably running in dual channel but if you look closely at the Task Manager screenshot you'll see that 4GB of RAM is being reserved by the system leaving you with 4GB to use.

One of the ram is faulty, i tried both rams seperately in different slots and one did not boot in any slots. Gonna buy a new pair tomorrow. Never gonna trust cheap ram again.