Is 2m of Petg tubing enough?

Hey, 

I have recently ordered my watercooling components for my first hardline water cooled build and i have only just realised i buying 2m of tube was enough. So I was wondering if buying 2m of Petg tubing was a bad idea?

Any advice would be cool...

I have my pc atm in the picture section and the case I am planning to use will be the one I have.

The case is a Thermaltake x71 for anyone wanting to see the dimensions. 

Thanks.

image.jpg

Probably. Better to have too much tubing than too little. Also having more leaves room for recuts. I ordered 2 metres for my loop as well and ended up using about 1.5.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

In my mATX watercooling build, I had used just about 1.25m for a build consisting of 2 radiators (both 240mm), a res/pump combo, CPU block and GPU block. However, as you're doing a hardline build, typically you'd  end up using a little more tubing for the same runs plus if this is your first hardline build, its highly likely you'll probably end up needing to recut so I'm tempted to say maybe order a little more?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, tikker said:

Probably. Better to have too much tubing than too little. Also having more leaves room for recuts. I ordered 2 metres for my loop as well and ended up using about 1.5.

Thanks for the advice :) I will probably order in some more just in case I mess up some bends

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

In my mATX watercooling build, I had used just about 1.25m for a build consisting of 2 radiators (both 240mm), a res/pump combo, CPU block and GPU block. However, as you're doing a hardline build, typically you'd  end up using a little more tubing for the same runs plus if this is your first hardline build, its highly likely you'll probably end up needing to recut so I'm tempted to say maybe order a little more?

Thanks for the advice :) I will probably order in some more just in case I mess up some bends

1 hour ago, Alarios said:

-

In my experience, generally it takes the number of bends in a run to get a succesful bend. i.e. if its a run with 1 bend, you get it right on first try. Whereas if its a run with 2 bends, it can take 2 tries before its right. and so on and so on.

So how much tubing you need will depend largely on how complex your intended routes are. When you get experienced I think you can divide the above numbers by 1.5~2 (i.e. 2 bends = 1 try).

Ah ok as this will be my first hardline build I think I will probably end up bending everything more than once, so I completely agree with you. Thanks for the advice :)

On 4/8/2018 at 8:53 AM, Alarios said:

Ah ok as this will be my first hardline build I think I will probably end up bending everything more than once, so I completely agree with you. Thanks for the advice :)

Just out of curiousity... are you only replacing the soft tubing? This looks like one of the nicer expandable AIO setups. So looking at the pics of this unit I don't see a reservoir, so refilling this system with PETG is going to be hell. Filling this system in general is going to be hell. So you will need to account for that.

16 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Just out of curiousity... are you only replacing the soft tubing? This looks like one of the nicer expandable AIO setups. So looking at the pics of this unit I don't see a reservoir, so refilling this system with PETG is going to be hell. Filling this system in general is going to be hell. So you will need to account for that.

Nah, I have a tone of ekwb copper and nickel parts to do a full custom hardline loop with. The old Aio will be put to good use somewhere else :)

17 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

And to put Petg tubing on a aio is definitely not a good idea at all I would agree with you there :P if you want to take a look at what parts I am using I have a album for my upgrade