Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
Just now, Caroline said:

A friend attended one and ended up with some serious psychological trauma, but I guess that's because it was a State school and those aren't nice where I come from. She

Everyone else has said boarding schools are terrible... guess I'm the outlier here? I mean I don't love it, but better than where I was before... 

Just now, Caroline said:

Goofy ahh Wolfenstein TNO

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

A friend attended one and ended up with some serious psychological trauma, but I guess that's because it was a State school and those aren't nice where I come from. She also likes knives and stabbing things.

This reminds me of that scene from ghost busters where a character is asked if he had any family history of mental illness. He replied that he had an Aunt that thought she was Elenor Roosevelt whereupon the questioner said “we’ll call that a big ‘yes’”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Everyone else has said boarding schools are terrible... guess I'm the outlier here? I mean I don't love it, but better than where I was before... 

Goofy ahh Wolfenstein TNO

Colleges are different.  What’s really ugly is when the boarders are in junior high.  Education is top notch though.  When I went to a different school for high school I found I was more than a full year ahead in math.  I’d had some pre-calc in the 8th grade.  If I had kids I’d move heaven and earth to get them to one of those schools but I wouldn’t board them and I’d do my damndest to keep them from even hanging out with the boarders. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, sub68 said:

true, (not to mention that my dad is a professor at the college I am planning on going and campus is walking/biking distance, the discount is like 75% off)

Cool! Facbrats FTW

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Cool! Facbrats FTW

and its not a small college.

I think I end up paying 25,000 USD in total

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

both my parents worked at my elementary school... I couldn't get away with ANYTHING. 

Rofl

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

Good morning MOTF!

988683893_Memethis.thumb.jpg.f8fa8a638329d06ba7d9273dc8e91827.jpg

Morning.  Your hairs are pointed in different directions btw.

What can I say?
Bad hair day......

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

For anyone curious. I found what not to do. 
Have a friend up visiting. We decided to go to Fairbanks last minute. Get up there and there’s no hotels left that aren’t $350+ a night. Grabbed an Airbnb in a town called Delta Junction. Drove the 2 hours out there. Turns out AirBnb was booked. Drove home. 18 hours of driving and 600 milles(1000km) later I was dead. Rivers were all very high. Washed out bridges and roads etc  CD0C5E24-E43A-4B4D-8056-6248CDF7AE5B.thumb.jpeg.6266f38eb80ccec3a98a7f6ba8e64332.jpeg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Aaaaaand welcome back forum users!
Got it back up by the "US morning" for sure! Alright, which of you mods unplugged the wrong server?

Spoiler

this is a joke, stuff happens, no hate against the admins/mod team

23 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

y u no support internet explorer? @colonel_mortis

image.thumb.png.b04db7187bda9510c6b4899d8b7953e3.png

/s

i'm joking please no ban me

Had to laugh at that, this morning I decided to setup something as an experiment just to see how it would do.
Reconfigured my daily by setting it up with one of my old Socket 939 setups.

ATM I'm running an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with an Opteron 180 and 4x 1GB sticks of DDR, namely some OCZ Platinum sticks and it's all working fine. Running Linux again with it and no issues to mention about it web browsing related with Firefox, it's almost the same as what I just took out of it (Maximus IX Apex / 7700K).
I won't have it like this for long but wanted to see how an older setup may do these days for basic web browsing and it's working great so far, posting with it right now.
I'm gonna let it run for awhile (Week?) and reconfig it again later.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

7 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Had to laugh at that, this morning I decided to setup something as an experiment just to see how it would do.

ATM I'm running an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with an Opteron 180 and 4x 1GB sticks of DDR, namely some OCZ Platinum sticks and it's all working fine. Running Linux again with it and no issues to mention about it web browsing related with Firefox, it's almost the same as what I just took out of it (Maximus IX Apex / 7700K).
I won't have it like this for long but wanted to see how an older setup may do these days for basic web browsing and it's working great so far, posting with it right now.
I'm gonna let it run for awhile (Week?) and reconfig it again later.

I used a Pentium 4 HT for web browsing and watching YouTube videos as well as retro games for several months, I'd power that system up when using my main PC would have been too much of a hassle. Firefox 48 on Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit. 

This one really needs some runtime anyway, it's never good to let it just sit somewhere and that's it.

I bought all this new back in the day and since I do have some $$ in it, figured I may as well get some return on it - Not that I haven't already you know.

Biggest issue I had was setitng up a CPU cooler, the cooler I was going to use isn't working right and after some digging I found my old Thermaltake V1 and set that in place, works as always and it's quiet too.

11 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

This one really needs some runtime anyway, it's never good to let it just sit somewhere and that's it.

I bought all this new back in the day and since I do have some $$ in it, figured I may as well get some return on it - Not that I haven't already you know.

Biggest issue I had was setitng up a CPU cooler, the cooler I was going to use isn't working right and after some digging I found my old Thermaltake V1 and set that in place, works as always and it's quiet too.

Explorer got deprecated.  It’s actually hard to even find.  I don’t even have it on my machine anymore.   The only people who still use it use it do so only for very specific things that only worked in explorer and they’re too cheap to rewrite it so it works on everything

This thread seems to be dying out a bit.  I suspect it is because the name got changed to something there is already a thread for.  Maybe change it again.  Not sure how that happens, but it’s happened several times.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

This thread seems to be dying out a bit.  I suspect it is because the name got changed to something there is already a thread for.  Maybe change it again.  Not sure how that happens, but it’s happened several times.

Remember when there were actual moderator questions here? 
I don't either.

I just noticed something weird here - There is an actual intelligent conversation taking place in MOTF.
Mods, please don't ban us....... 😱

I promise we'll be good AND weird next time.

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Who uses IE? seriously. Just let it die already.

I've been summoned :ph34r:

You know what's worse than having a fly in your room that won't get out? that's right, 2 flies that won't get out. Fck.

I was thinking this as well.  As to the flys my dad was an entomologist and he told me something weird about flys:  when the first jump off something they jump backwards at about a 45° angle.  All of em do it.  It’s hardwired.  Can be handy for the swatting.  It was part of a trick about catching flys with your hands. You then Shake your hands to stun them, and then take a hair (if you’ve got long hair) and while they’re stunned you tie it around their neck like a leash.  They will recover and then you have a fly on a leash.  The traditional thing to do was pin it to your clothes.  Dunno why.  Good for amusing small children though.  Also nicotine is highly poisonous to insects.  You can take a package of chewing tobacco (or whatever is cheapest) put it in a squirt bottle of water leave it till the water changes color (so like over night) and have something that will actually drop flys out of the air (not sure how much tobacco to use) nicotine is water soluble and it will go right through skin.  So you basically have nicotine water.  The problem is the stuff is basically a poison for everything even if it’s particularly good at insects. So if you’ve got pets or babies you can hurt them with it. It’s not particularly safe.the symptoms of nicotine poisoning are ooky stomach and drooling. And pale skin.  

9 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

I hope someone with a retro PC try to open LTT.com on Netscape Navigator 😅

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside