Should I buy A Moniter

Skilled Loaf

What if I buy this monitor and pair it up with my Hp Pavilion laptop that has a core i7 5500 gen 2.4 GHz - 3.0 GHz and an HD Intel 5500 Integrated GPU.

Will I get even less gaming performance or will I get the same fps? I am not going to play in 1920x1080p probably in 720p, but I like having the Option of switching to 1080p once I get enough dough to buy a Beast.

I will mostly be playing Phantom Forces on Roblox and Euro Truck Sim 2. And yes I have a life.

7 minutes ago, PricklyAlien said:

Just grab any old 1080p 60hz IPS display, usually around $100 USD, just make sure it has a VESA mount and decent Input options.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Asus makes some really good budget monitors. The only question is how much are you willing to pay. If you're not planning to play at 1080p you may run into scaling issues as the monitor tries to scale 720p up to 1080p. Remember LCDs are not like CRTs. CRTs used to scan and you could control the size of the "pixel". A CRT would be able to natively support 720p. With LCDs of any sort, the pixels are fixed, and if you're using anything other than the native resolution, the monitor will have to upscale the image to fill the monitor. Depending on the "Scaler" that the monitor possesses, this may not be noticeable, or could be nasty to look at.

The gist is, if youre planning to game on something under 1080p and you're looking for a budget monitor, save your money and buy a monitor with the resolution you want.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=monitor 720p&Submit=ENE

They make 720p, and 900p monitors.

Fellow LTTs any comments?

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

8 hours ago, PricklyAlien said:

What if I buy this monitor and pair it up with my Hp Pavilion laptop that has a core i7 5500 gen 2.4 GHz - 3.0 GHz and an HD Intel 5500 Integrated GPU.

Will I get even less gaming performance or will I get the same fps? I am not going to play in 1920x1080p probably in 720p, but I like having the Option of switching to 1080p once I get enough dough to buy a Beast.

I will mostly be playing Phantom Forces on Roblox and Euro Truck Sim 2. And yes I have a life.

Question is:
What do you want to use the screen for?

For surfin the web while watching a video, great idea.

For gaming, not so much. 

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

If you can currently run games fine 1080p, you can do it on bigger monitor too. Size of pixels doesn't matter, amount of them does.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv