Thoughts on the new iPad????

Tarun10
42 minutes ago, dieegoperi said:

Well, I've had my iPad Air 2 since... 5 years ago now? And it's awesome, most people cry about spending a lot on Apple products and they forget that it's not their money but you know. I've used the iPad for reading (I then bought the Kindle Paperwhite), studying (placing it next to my papers, as another paper, it's nice and thin and light and the battery is pretty big so I could spend the day studying at the university), watching movies (I've been watching movies while traveling to other countries, other cities, by plane, by bus, by car... it's light, its screen is bright and its battery is nice), playing some light casual games like pacman, solitaire, etc; and I use it everyday, I go to the kitchen to cook and there it is: I place it anywhere because I don't have any keyboard and it's not heavy as a laptop, I watch youtube/netflix while cooking and while eating, when I take baths I watch stuff too.

That's what a tablet is supposed to do, being ultra portable, and iOS is way better than Android for that kind of stuff since it's always working, no problems, always updating, thin, light, metal unibody, huge battery, huge battery life and its screen is way better than any other Android tablet for that price.

Not an Apple fan boy tho, I myself had to choose between the iPhone X and the Huawei Mate 10, and I still can't say no to some tools that only Android can provide. And I had to sell my MacBook for the same reason. Apple is awesome if you don't mind the money you'll spend, but it doesn't support videogames (I'm serious) and Linux/Windows stuff so... Well!

For tablets iOS is miles ahead even on the smartphone side. Android is improving and is best if you can afford stock Android.

1 hour ago, Crayfishian said:

look at chromebooks they offer great things for schools and the offer keyboards and bigger screens sometimes for a lower price they may not be as powerful but the things you can run are almost the same except maybe luma fusion which is a video editing app

Yeah I looked at chromebook around the same price but theyoffer miserable screens and battery life and I don't need a keyboard and mouse since I already have a great laptop. Only problem when someone else around the house is using it which is almost always, I have nothing else to watch content on so the need for a tablet. We aren't even allowed to bring smartphones to school let alone laptops.

9 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

I completely agree with your view. Apple in the tablet offers the best value for money and great support and hardware ahead of even more expensive Android tablets. Sorry for the mistake on the CPU. Even the poor screen on the iPad is much better compared to those of Android tablets. Android phones with in that price range may be able to compete with the iPad but it defeats the purpose of a tablet.

There is only 1 thing i don't really like on iPad. That 4:3 formfactor.. like... urgh, why.. Makes no sense >.<

Pixel C hit it perfectly. 1 : sqrt 2. Same formfactor as a DinA4 paper. If you half them (split screen), you have the exact same formfactor again. With that, the iPad would be perfect :P