Gaming Headsets VS Headphone Mic Combos

shea99

So i am in need of a pair of cans and im really not sure what my best options are as im not a massive audio guy. My flatmate uses a Razer Man O'War headset which ive borrowed a few times and can say its amazing with the low weight of it. However he got them on black Friday last year for £70 whereas now there back to about £140. So it got me thinking why waste £140 when i could use a modmic and a good pair of headphones for around that. So some recommendations would be amazing. I am a massive music listener like nearly non stop and travel a lot as well which makes the second option more lucrative as i would use them for that purpose as well.

My only requirements are cross platform ability which i believe is achievable with the H+M combo through a y slitter(3 rings of course) into my xbox controller, surround technology (7.1 dolby i think is whats used, like im said im not a massive audio guy) and lightweight as the will be used for several hours (benefit of the razer MOW were they were super comfy and unnoticeable after 6hours plus)

While your hear as well if you know of any good cheap speaker sets for pc as well feel free to throw them as im also looking for some. 

Eh...modmic is janky AF that I dunno why people think it's an elegant solution when it's a secondary wire that's way longer than what your headphone came with. A cheap Blue Snowflake mic that sits on your desk has better audio on top of that.

What I personally use currently is a set of Beyerdynamic COPs with a Vmoda boom mic. Everything all in one wire. Prob gonna get a wireless gaming set at some point for when I wanna game from bed.

Get a pair of headphones with a detachable, non priority cable and you can use the Vmoda Boom mic with it.

36 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Eh...modmic is janky AF that I dunno why people think it's an elegant solution when it's a secondary wire that's way longer than what your headphone came with. A cheap Blue Snowflake mic that sits on your desk has better audio on top of that.

What I personally use currently is a set of Beyerdynamic COPs with a Vmoda boom mic. Everything all in one wire. Prob gonna get a wireless gaming set at some point for when I wanna game from bed.

Get a pair of headphones with a detachable, non priority cable and you can use the Vmoda Boom mic with it.

I like this method, if you can afford it, get a $100-$200 pair of high quality cans and a studio mic to go along with it for $200-$300 total.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)