Fans connected to fan hub

llSpartacusll
Go to solution Solved by thelordofwarr,

Yes, it just delivers power to the fans, but doesn't do more, like userzero said

Hi, im having a problem controlling my 5 fans connected to a PWM fan hub. The fans that are plugged in to the fan hub are non PWM, but i used to have them connected to my motherboard which gave me the ability to control the fans through the bios but when i connected them to the fan hub i can not control them for some reason but i can see the RPM's of the fans. I've tried connecting the fanhub to the cpu header and to the cha_fan1.

In case it matters i got a ASUS Z370-F motherboard and the fans are 3 corsair quiet edition AF fans and 2 corsair static fans quiet edition aswell.

What fanhub do you have? Normally when connected to a fan header on the mainboard the fanhub should pass the speed to the fans connected to it. Tbh I don't know at this moment if it mathers that your hub is PWM and the fans aren't but normally not. MAybe you need to control your fanhub throught an extra software?

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

What fanhub do you have? Normally when connected to a fan header on the mainboard the fanhub should pass the speed to the fans connected to it. Tbh I don't know at this moment if it mathers that your hub is PWM and the fans aren't but normally not. MAybe you need to control your fanhub throught an extra software?

Phobya 8x 4-Pin Splitter PWM

The reviews of that product says its fine to run fans, and is essentially a power splitter, because it allows no PWM control over whatever is connected to it. I'm not surprised. It probably doesn't have the capability/channels.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Just now, userzero said:

The reviews of that product says its fine to run fans, and is essentially a power splitter, because it allows no PWM control over whatever is connected to it. I'm not surprised. It probably doesn't have the capability/channels.

Not sure what that means exactly, so i can't change the fan speed through the hub?

Yes, it just delivers power to the fans, but doesn't do more, like userzero said

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Just now, thelordofwarr said:

Wow that sucks, do you know any fan hubs that would let me change the fan speeds of the fans?

My Build Log: 

12 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

Last question, what should i search for to find more fan hubs that would let me control the fan speed, like what should it say in the specs/description of them?

It mostly says in the description that it allows you to control the fans, also take a look at the reviews

My Build Log: 

21 minutes ago, llSpartacusll said:

Last question, what should i search for to find more fan hubs that would let me control the fan speed, like what should it say in the specs/description of them?

As you are using 3pin fans, you should be looking at 3-way splitters. There are some premium PWM hubs which convert signal. But using splitters would be best as you are using only mobo to control 3 fans out of single header. As another option are software controlled hubs like Grid+ and Commander Mini.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

43 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

As you are using 3pin fans, you should be looking at 3-way splitters. There are some premium PWM hubs which convert signal. But using splitters would be best as you are using only mobo to control 3 fans out of single header. As another option are software controlled hubs like Grid+ and Commander Mini.

would this work? https://www.newegg.com/global/se/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6J36NZ0028

30 minutes ago, llSpartacusll said:

I'm not sure and Deepcools website isn't clear. Worst case is that it will just have all fans at full speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm not sure and Deepcools website isn't clear. Worst case is that it will just have all fans at full speed.

ye thats the problem im having right now with my current fan hub, i dont want them on full speed due to it being way to loud but thanks for your help.