Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11

linustouchtips

Has anyone ever had a dark power 11 PSU fail on them before from be quiet! i just got one from a liquidation parts sale at my local PC shop its platinum rated and looks sweet but concerned about how long it has been there. I looked it up  they started selling these like in 2013(edit:2015) don't know how long this thing has been on the shelf but i can see why people didn't go out of their way to get one the price was pretty steep. I'm a evga guy myself but the supernova i have is starting to whine a bit.

@STRMfrmXMN @JDE do you two know anything about this power supply? It’s not on the PSU tier list.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

??
Nothing wrong with it.

How long it might or might not last is not something anyone could say because that is highly dependant on luck. But what Dark Power are you talking about?
550, 650, 750, 850, 1000 or 1200W??

A blackline P4 or P5 would be a Problem, as would be Dark Power P6, P7 and P8 and similar old series.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

Has anyone ever had a dark power 11 PSU fail on them before from be quiet! i just got one from a liquidation parts sale at my local PC shop its platinum rated and looks sweet but concerned about how long it has been there. I looked it up  they started selling these like in 2013 don't know how long this thing has been on the shelf but i can see why people didn't go out of their way to get one the price was pretty steep. I'm a evga guy myself but the supernova i have is starting to whine a bit.

Should be fine. 

It's a very good PSU. The warranty period on it is from the point of purchase, so it doesn't really matter how long it has been sitting around for (to an extent). 

Also, just because they started making them in 2015 doesn't mean they're all from 2015. It could have been made a month ago for all we know. Still, it comes with a 5 year warranty from date of purchase. 

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

??
Nothing wrong with it.

How long it might or might not last is not something anyone could say because that is highly dependant on luck. But what Dark Power are you talking about?
550, 650, 750, 850, 1000 or 1200W??

A blackline P4 or P5 would be a Problem, as would be Dark Power P6, P7 and P8 and similar old series.

2 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

@STRMfrmXMN @JDE do you two know anything about this power supply? It’s not on the PSU tier list.

It's one of the very first PSUs listed in T1.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||