An Open Letter (and question) to Cooler Master N200 Owners

Go to solution Solved by Evanair,
17 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

you sure?

Yes, he's correct. the PSU connection is male and will only fit one way and plug. connect all 3 together and plug into the appropriate cable from your PSU.

Computer manufactures have come a long way to key and color code every connection so you can't plug in the wrong thing. It didn't use to be this way, but now a days as long as you don't force something and pay attention to plugs and keys, you'll be fine. 

To you, owners of the Cooler Master N200 case, I have a question for you, and I would like to read your thoughts regarding this Product, so Ill cut to the chase:

Im building an office system, and for the case I selected the Cooler Master N200 mATX Case, for price, aesthetics and quality reasons. I have to say, Im quite happy with the internal design, the finish and the mesh. One other thing I really liked it was the form factor, and the front IO is fine, nothing special about that, it has regular USB 3, two USB 2s, LEDs Power Button and such.

However, I do have an issue, that must be corrected before the PC can be used. And that´s why I ask you, the owners of this case to help me.

The Fans. The Cooler Master N200 comes with two 120mm XtraFlo Fans, but  these fans aren´t connected with a regular 4pin or 3pin fan connector, they use this (each one):

Fr94LZ6k-y9FS_wHsNUx0Nen8Y-88el-fu0pRpO-8c1_b6FJuO60dYeWWnbfRC7BRkilk3k3bPjVCtr6KyE_QEafkuqpIiuLGXyJR7m6d-Jidx5PNtO65en7X_YZNDNfa2yV6WPXk1n6o_iAeV5GDMZEr8e_tDsIxAdySmDxK7AKswgEliLlSqoAr49pkI4Z7rFvyj2ZWriwVxy-T5DTwqMhJmAYYHhj0-FI-QbAE7-ltEUJctCbZuDT660CxEMGHacMT9GWfWZ4nevdj21xsPtU9Tmf88fuAvIMrhWmwmbG6E_oJoGZNbqjEpCGAIX2N8fJqbyJ4tJ4gm_kFRwFu-8lDjrtd6reEhJaXR1ZfyRncNnqLAj3w2EXwdZPZ1EGxq4QntquL626Lz_nmhbPeap9svDEXNrmHYjOWHntG1mNady3QTntZOREd5i92zfWJ0HeCfCYg_P73pGehiphxGlDmUY--DHacSvW0UDKA19VdqoDHxr19FNqXwnWmWMwV3NtG07bGLS3ggDulj5LqSCi-FV-0j0vWL1DjzGxSoTGXdiexFx_j_5-XU15qpGAtO1Hz6r_RhuS1i4QgksQ9ehu_q0HLJRW1svLjGs=w373-h662-no   obtumMh0dA7V-D_qIlIqNbOhL9JbKuJr6-XE4AiTEgZSzvyjYWIHjxlYItneRyxjzDyk0CvrpRtIZGZszawrgUTHtSFeDtArPZmLvahvVnf9Z2Ve_HRH6jkCHgDKUIASYEknzczeeH6vkqiiEkgKM0TGOepBgTotWWGh_GsoXUjpd0Ogpj-h6xYDDUc_IKlru88C_eSSMr7IdUwfhicVuPhVtXy3cFl1jx4NCO1H3cpqqxOaw65IZlsvUqtuzhDwqjR8dpscB-UMbat8Z-CByIfWFaV13YyFBdEpwxoxqnWc4EtnLEQr0MhFhifdQKuYCz1CXtTtfrJ3NIp3Y-omq1txZwk2_TquMWNbUSOYbyaBuiuvAA4Tc0FRQoSPY8nWH5SG1x6qMa_zrTuJ4WcwZiMrn0DkU4vxY-TsyiO0G65_bfdX0hK2Iqvaa00WfYGPTRlEUsmV6ypfcUpPjQUNS7lecKFjy-s5cVpnMn1Spw5Xgb6U61tuGI03UpNmSfpP47KYxFwTp7LzwkPerTiu71i-gN5HmAWVh06YgF3MFBF0YC5NpQYuFEOFyLaiePr71sbLCxrlVwscAGGHbCAKW-HB7-YB01WNxbcO0TM=w373-h662-no  TKryDWv_jg3v33n10dmBEyf86-lapIBOeLTHWkaC0NakXnKK6pDDF8Sk2WVSBeevbnh8-LxKYzQbLkfEDqTUEPUF-glAat08QQAlEYWy97jsRm6-pLczNUeGtF1vtee8Wr7F9xoIJdD-JDt5rfJHvBuX7GTGFO5E24uFF1FgeN9kRVZ1MbdpuBZwzIqKWHR45s2OioRQviiCpiiGPPL7GVaZsE1axIOubt_JTkqvpm3nhQ1kxYq7yBdmduvB2YUPwo66neUdqqgPjFTp-ntRcPO3wobGSBt4RcF8taI_2KNpLtizpsnqP7LIbEiQo8QWdcS39TKox7DhP2UnTDciulw1EVqWR1aw_A8bS6rNQzfo-K6O-F6V2JEuJNwAyqpjNaj3g-VEiJ6-FVAGbDCDNyxMRCjGcXvXz1M20tqV8ARNSqq5ouljJEefekvLWyY2dJw3XibyH4pm1SFmCJ5ccXAssXf423UADixHXVYRCRgPIsZoO9yF3dwt58hNtmPE0ZirVH-apUs037tgdgfoqfN0PGVnP1vl6mFGfLGMYnN5_NEkGB357FeQ3muMdDTXhGL6TXWkzJnxAjgXkKkZGDP3qjwd8vMBe3ekaLw=w373-h662-no

Because of this, I ask the owners of this case, where do you connect this fans? Does this go in the Motherboard? The Power Supply? Why does each fan have two connectors (Im holding them together)?

Please, owners of this case, provide me with any information that you have regarding where do you plug these in, also, some tips when working on this case would be great.

Thank you.

@Crunchy Dragon @Energycore @Princess Cadence

Don't see why this is specific to owners of that case...

They're molex connectors, they connect to molex plugs from the power supply.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Those are Molex connectors. They're on your PSU.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Those are Molex connectors. They're on your PSU.

So no need to connect to the MoBo? Also, do I have to plug in both connectors for each fan or only one?

3 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

So no need to connect to the MoBo? Also, do I have to plug in both connectors for each fan or only one?

It's not possible to directly connect a molex fan to a motherboard.

And just one, the one with the rings inside rather than the pins. Though it depends on your PSU as some you can connect either of them.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

They plug into just the power supply. Only one per fan, I think.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Wow... It's hard to believe 4-pin molex connectors are so outdated people don't remember them.  I wonder if anyone has plugged in a Floppy power cable to a 4pin fan header yet...

Those fans will spin at a set RPM, they draw their power from the power supply, they can probably all be daisy chained together and run off one 6pin port from your PSU

7 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Every PSU should still have at least one set of MOLEX connectors. Or just get some sata to molex adapters. You can just daisy chain them.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On a real note, the Female end is the power input, the male end is a power pass-through, so you can connect all 3 together and just one power supply end.

3 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Molex connector has only 4 pins

Molex sells all different makes and models of connectors with various pins and various layouts for, in your example 4 pin inline, to 4 pin box and so on so forth.

10 minutes ago, Evanair said:

On a real note, the Female end is the power input, the male end is a power pass-through, so you can connect all 3 together and just one power supply end.

So which should I connect to the PSU? Or is any OK?

23 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Wow... It's hard to believe 4-pin molex connectors are so outdated people don't remember them.  I wonder if anyone has plugged in a Floppy power cable to a 4pin fan header yet...

I just did a couple days ago actually when gutting and rebuilding my retro gaming system.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I just did a couple days ago actually when gutting and rebuilding my retro gaming system.

Hey @Crunchy Dragon So I just have to connect one of them to the PSU? Which? (Does it even matter?)

34 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Every PSU should still have at least one set of MOLEX connectors. Or just get some sata to molex adapters. You can just daisy chain them.

Hey, the PSU that I will be working on isnt modular, will I have trouble?

4 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Hey, the PSU that I will be working on isnt modular, will I have trouble?

You will have problems if that PSU for whatever reason does not have MOLEX power connectors. If it does, then you'll be fine as these connectors are all standard which means they are the same no matter what PSU you use (with the exception of some oddball Dell and HP standards). 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Plug the two cables together in any way they will connect, route back in the cable management area.  Plug one end into the PSU into the only plug it will mate with.

Done.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

24 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

Plug the two cables together in any way they will connect, route back in the cable management area.  Plug one end into the PSU into the only plug it will mate with.

Done.

you sure? 

2 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

Because of this, I ask the owners of this case, where do you connect this fans?

Hey! Well, I don't own this case, but those are molex connectors. There should be some connectors on your PSU.

They have 2 because they allow you to daisy chain the fans to a single

Keep in mind these fans will run at 100% at all times.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

17 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

you sure?

Yes, he's correct. the PSU connection is male and will only fit one way and plug. connect all 3 together and plug into the appropriate cable from your PSU.

Computer manufactures have come a long way to key and color code every connection so you can't plug in the wrong thing. It didn't use to be this way, but now a days as long as you don't force something and pay attention to plugs and keys, you'll be fine. 

10 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Thank you, hopefully I can find a video regarding that.

18 minutes ago, Evanair said:

You refer to "connect all 3" as all of these connectors? 1) PSU Molex   2) Molex Male (Fan)   3) Molex Female (Fan)?

1 hour ago, DanielMDA said:

You refer to "connect all 3" as all of these connectors? 1) PSU Molex   2) Molex Male (Fan)   3) Molex Female (Fan)?

14-daisy-chain-power.jpg
Like this, just connect more fans to the end.  The black connector in this pic would be from PSU.  Daisy chain the rest on the end of the connector that's in the bottom of the photo.

4 hours ago, Evanair said:

14-daisy-chain-power.jpg
Like this, just connect more fans to the end.  The black connector in this pic would be from PSU.  Daisy chain the rest on the end of the connector that's in the bottom of the photo.

Thanks