Just curious,When is your first time to jump into Technology stuff? & Why?

Zhaxye

Me Personally, not too long ago, like third or the fourth month on last year, i'm looking

for some laptops, and suddenly i saw the Dell XPS 13, and i really love it (even i can't afford it),

i got curious about this laptop, and other stuff like PC's, Mac's (even i don't really like mac's), 

Setups, And much more...

LinusTechTips is one of the first Tech YouTube Channel that i saw and love. even i can't afford stuff on the videos, i still love watching the content, and i learn A LOT, form Teachquicke Channel.

few month later there's Computer Science class for 2 months in school, and i was God Like there. because i'm the smartest person in class, not only i know stuff, or products, or even market,

i'm even smarter than my teacher, because i my country, there's this bunch of lessons, and some of them contains other-more-advance or "Next Level" materials, so if the teachers is a Physics 

teacher, the governor will slip a chemistry or whatever into the materials. 

Now, if someone in my class ask me something about tech i can just answer them easily and correctly (because they are not that smart at technology, and i know even more than they can imagine of Technology). so, that was my story, how about you? tell me your story and what motivate you to get into this whole Tech Community on the internet.

-Thanks Linus, you made my life better, and more colorful, because now i'm a 16 bits color not just 2 bits.

Other Great Tech youtubers (there's 96% Chance that you already know)

1) Dave Lee

2) Ed form Techsource

3) MKBHD

4) Austin & Friends

5) Bitwit

6) Jaystwocents

7) Paul's Hardware 

8) Matthew moniz

9) Android authority & Much more (because if i have to type all of their names here, it would take 16 Hours)

I learned PC hardware in June 2016. Learned more about laptops after getting my lappy. Those days I used to create part lists for new builders in this forum and now, I provide laptop suggestions to others.

Edit: I started using PC when I was 3. Also, some YouTubers are still lacking knowledge in PC hardware as they can bring misinformation. For instance, they said 'get a Gold certified PSU' but in fact, not all Gold PSUs are good. You need to look up for reviews and know what are the important things in a PSU.

Edited by ZM Fong

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Around a decade ago i was given the old family PC, it was something from MicronPC with a 478 pentium 4 and a geforce 4 ti running XP. I had to learn how to fix it as things failed, both hardware and software.

Over time i slowly saved money and upgraded it until around 2013 where its final incarnation of a core2duo e6700 on some used 775 board with a gts 250 running windows 7 was finally getting to be a bit of a money sink, and when the PSU failed i opted to just start doing newer builds.

I was a useless nerd at age 11.

I was introduce to a PC back when I was like 6 or so (not super sure on that).  Was a Windows 3.1 on a Packard Bell.  It had a few games, but I was actually more interested in the Microsoft Works software.  Though, as usually, I wound up breaking the OS (got into terminal and started messing around).  Then I try to open the computer (my Dad learn real quick to hide tools from me).  Never got around to finding those tools to open the PC, since my Dad bought me Legos and 1,000 piece jigsaws to keep me busy.

I did not get back into PCs until three years into my enlistment as a jet troop.  Made friends with a chap who was base comms.  Saw his computer and asked him where he got it.  Told me that he put it together.  Put something together like a computer triggered my interest (I love to build things).  Read across forums boards and took my first try at it.  Enjoyed the build, so when I learned about water cooling, I took a go at that.  Then peeps started to do rigid tubes, so I took a go at that too.  Then found about servers, NAS, and big F@H/BOINC rigs.  Feel really in love with those setups, so now I build those.  No longer a jet troop, but cross train into an IT field which I enjoy, especially on network and server building/expansion.  Yeah, I just love putting things together.  My new interest is Warhammer models and painting those (I don't play, I just like putting those together and painting them).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Got my first computer around hm... 36 years ago... it was an Atari 800 XL with a tape drive. 

Due to being curious about how everything works, I took it apart half a year later but was not really satisfied by my findings, because no moving parts.

I think my dad got me into the electronic, mechanical interest... He was as hobby getting old TV sets to repair them in his little techie dungeon in the basement. I often watched what he was doing, trying to help etc... I got my own little workbench then and tool set.

Later I got upgraded to a C128 with a 1571 floppy drive. Then later again an Amiga 500, that one received over the years a harddrive, ram expansions, a turbo card, got painted... With that machine I started in the online world with a 9600 baud modem... Internet wasn't really a thing then but the BBS scene. 

Later again I got an Amiga 1200, which still runs and I still own. I moved it from its keyboard casing into a big tower, added fastscsi II, 2 CD Drives, several harddrives, 2 cpus so it is sporting now 3 cpus and it crushed a ppc 603e power mac in pure number crunching power by the factor of 11 :P

I already got a wlan card for it, because putting it onto wired lan wasn't a good idea the one time I did it... 

My first PC was a Pentium one 233 MMX. I got that from a friend due to me starting with university... 

to shorten it... I was always good with this stuff, so I stayed with it... making hobby to work. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

In around February or March of last year, I was randomly searching YouTube for ways to speed up my Wi-Fi router. I live in India so I don't have much exposure to YouTube or other media websites. I started watching YouTube. I first saw the 9000$ Laptop Unboxing(Acer Predator 21X) by Dave Lee. Then I found on play next a video of Linus rambling on some random in-understandable stuff about Processors or something. I subscribed nevertheless. Since then I have discovered Scientific Channels, Dude Perfect, Slow Mo Guys and at least 30+ Tech Channels and I watch almost all of their videos. I skipped the S9 videos because one can only watch 4-5 videos with the same content beyond that it becomes ultra boring. Apart from that I am slowly watching older videos of channels and I think before Summer ends I can watch almost all the videos of all Channels. I finished Techquickie but that is only like 450 videos.

As for tech, I have not had a PC till my dad bought one two years ago with awful specs(Intel Pentium Socket 775 and Geforce 210) for him to check his emails. However I have had three laptops sort of which the whole family uses.

My dad usually gets his own laptop from his office.

First Laptop was a HP Pavilion in 2007 bought in USA. I t did have awful specs and battery life but that thing had beautiful build quality and lasted me almost 7 years before it became too slow. Then was a cheap Lenovo B something that lasted only for 3 years or so till it died.

Now I recently got a HP Envy x360 15 form USA (a friend brought it to India) in December.

Hopefully I am able to save up to buy a really good laptop when I go to college.