Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@MEC-777

Also I forgot GFW still owns a 356.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

35 minutes ago, superfart435 ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) said:

Hallåj, I'm here again with some pics of my a-traktor (Both pics are taken before X-mas 2016)

That is one sweet car.

30 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Can it take the really high heat of a manifold? If so I might use it. I really don't want that plug coming it, as soon as it does my car sounds awful and stupid loud.

Red 271 is good up to 500F.

28 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Alberta isn't nearly as bad as BC. While their provincial economy is still strugging, they're still cashing in on oil money. Vancouver has exotics year round because so much chinese investment is there. 

Like restaurants o:

21 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Im back!

Had to prioritze school and work for a while, i will occasionally drop by but i wont be on here as much as before.

Hi!

School is good to focus on, then you'll be able to make the money to have a garage of sweet cars. :D

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Sounds like a fun project.

If it's a manageable thing then vent mount for sure. Wont find out until install day though 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I always have my CC set set to defrost and footwell. Which works out because the dashcam i got has vents on it all over the place so it runs cooler, the defrost will help with that. :) 

I've always liked having footwells for the most part, if it's summer just open the windows. That's my thought anyway

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I always have my CC set set to defrost and footwell. Which works out because the dashcam i got has vents on it all over the place so it runs cooler, the defrost will help with that. :) 

When i had the golf i had to use front defrost and footwell at the same time at all times. Otherwise my legs would be cold. 

Never had that happen before. Most other cars warm up completely. But in the golf it somehow just never warmed up in the footwell if you had those vents turned off.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I like having it on all three when it's really cold. During the summer though I just set it for the dash vents.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

When i had the golf i had to use front defrost and footwell at the same time at all times. Otherwise my legs would be cold. 

Never had that happen before. Most other cars warm up completely. But in the golf it somehow just never warmed up in the footwell if you had those vents turned off.

Probably a lack of insulation.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I like having it on all three when it's really cold. During the summer though I just set it for the dash vents.

Probably a lack of insulation.

Probably. Since my upper body would be nice and toasty. But my feet would be experiencing temperatures below absolute zero

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just had to share this guys, the greatest driver of all time, for someone to be able to tame a car like that in the dry or the socking wet, a car that didn't have that much effective downforce, weighed the same as a kitchen table with a monstrous 1200Hp engine, to go that insanely fast in a track with no run offs at all and is ringed with nothing but walls, i'm sorry, but i wouldn't be able to do that even in a video game, RESPECT Senna, no i see why F1 is so boring, because when senna died, it died with him.

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

so much want. even more if it was a manual.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so much want. even more if it was a manual.

Not sure, buddy Colin sent me the photos on his drive down to Florida to detail some cars for a huge show down there

Think I'll go with a glowshift boost gauge, I like the fact that I can set it to 7 different colors and can wire it to my dimmer switch to dim the lighting. Plus all the reviews I've seen of all their gauges have been nothing but great

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That is one sweet car.

Red 271 is good up to 500F.

Like restaurants o:

Hi!

School is good to focus on, then you'll be able to make the money to have a garage of sweet cars. :D

Havent i had a lot of sweet cars allready? :P

Btw, i might buy a car again soon, dunno what to get but it will probably be mid 80s and japasneeze

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Havent i had a lot of sweet cars allready? :P

Btw, i might buy a car again soon, dunno what to get but it will probably be mid 80s and japasneeze

Yeah but you haven't owned them all at once, now have you? :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah but you haven't owned them all at once, now have you? :P

Nope....

http://jdm-expo.com/vehicle-inventory/352-corolla-ae86-sale.html

I could spend a chunk of my savings on this, not sure if its a good daily tho xD

Well... Its really similar to what i had so i do know that it wont be a good daily.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Nope....

I could spend a chunk of my savings on this, not sure if its a good daily tho xD

Well... Its really similar to what i had so i do know that it wont be a good daily.

See and we need to change that so you can have a different ride every day.

Anything is a good daily if you're hardened enough. ;)

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

See and we need to change that so you can have a different ride every day.

Anything is a good daily if you're hardened enough. ;)

Tbh i would love to daily a race car but i cant because i lack self control... Id loose my liscense faster than you can say "a"

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

4 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Nope....

Never cared for the Levin cars really. Almost never care for non pop-up versions of cars that had a pop-up version

Other than Sil80 conversions

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

Tbh is love to daily a race car but i dont want to because i lack self control... Id loose my liscense faster than you can say "a"

I'd be concerned with getting back problems from daily-ing a racecar.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Never cared for the Levin cars really. Almost never care for non pop-up versions of cars that had a pop-up version

Other than Sil80 conversions

A pop-up hatch would be nice....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd be concerned with getting back problems from daily-ing a racecar.

I allready have back problems so i dont need to wory about getting back problems ;)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

A pop-up hatch would be nice....

That's what I'd want if I had an Ae86 or 240SX

Hatch always if an option for a car

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's what I'd want if I had an Ae86 or 240SX

Hatch always if an option for a car

Yes, honestly i think the 86 coupes look ugly.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

4 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Yes, honestly i think the 86 coupes look ugly.

I really like the one Quentyn of More Skids has, but most I don't like. I don't like S13 coupes though, or the S14, or the S15 for that matter..

S12 and S13 all day

8 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

I allready have back problems so i dont need to wory about getting back problems ;)

Well you certainly don't need to make them worse though. :P

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

No I meant so the dash cam will run cooler

Just wanted to add that tidbit about the golf being weird