Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Oh right @techswede mind swapping my user name on the front page? 

Feel free to add a witty bio cause my one was terribly cringy xD

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

it dont seem like too bad of a job tbf, id rather spend my day walking round and getting stuff instead of standing around in 1 room painting all day

I liked working logistics and order packing. There was a pleasant tedium that i don't have at my current job.

Just now, IKnight said:

Oh right @techswede mind swapping my user name on the front page? 

Feel free to add a witty bio cause my one was terribly cringy xD

Done. Couldn't come up with anything witty though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

I liked working logistics and order packing. There was a pleasant tedium that i don't have at my current job.

Done. Couldn't come up with anything witty though

Thx bb.

Edit: I see what you did....

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

45 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

get a 2.5T or a T5, they are FWD ... also if the Haldex aint working its just dead weight ... it turns itself off if there is a slight problem ... like the overheating issue xD 

I probably will stay away from Volvo in general, because it's not a luxury brand like BMW or Audi, but the cost to maintain is like one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I probably will stay away from Volvo in general, because it's not a luxury brand like BMW or Audi, but the cost to maintain is like one.

tend to be more reliable than either of those tho

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

19 minutes ago, terrytek said:

just because it looks boring to most people ... doesnt mean its not a luxury car brand....

it is a luxury brand like BMW and Audi ... they are the luxury Fords .... well now they are luxury Geelys xD 

they do last longer than BMW .... if not also Audis 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

also.... this thing continues! :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

44 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

tend to be more reliable than either of those tho

They are, but when something does go, then it's gonna get pricey.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

They are, but when something does go, then it's gonna get pricey.

any other luxury car brand is the same ... except most of them are quite a bit less reliable ... 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I typically save that feeling for people but.. it works. :P

Women<Cars. They both take your money but a car can't leave you :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You're looking at the wrong kind of women. Also give it time, even a car will learn how to leave you. :P

Ahhahaha. In all seriousness though, love for a person is the most complicated, sweetest sensation there is. I really get the 'loves a drug' saying. 

Oh god. Dilemma no.6892552; pissing of your self driving car :P

26 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Ahhahaha. In all seriousness though, love for a person is the most complicated, sweetest sensation there is. I really get the 'loves a drug' saying. 

Oh god. Dilemma no.6892552; pissing of your self driving car :P

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain. You'd think there'd be a cure by now.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain. You'd think there'd be a cure by now.

There is, it's called heartlessness.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

There is, it's called heartlessness.

That only gets you so far..

1 minute ago, techswede said:

That only gets you so far..

You still have too much heart.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

what is a heart....

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Fuck it. I'm getting an aeromotive fuel pump instead.

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

Fuck it. I'm getting an aeromotive fuel pump instead.

That's clunky.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's clunky.

The eliminator pump supports up to 2300bhp. Though if i got a paper cut i'd probably bleed out in a second..

1 minute ago, techswede said:

The eliminator pump supports up to 2300bhp. Though if i got a paper cut i'd probably bleed out in a second..

Probably less. But that would be a glorious second to watch. Also

"What's your blood pressure?"

"More than enough."

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Probably less. But that would be a glorious second to watch. Also

"What's your blood pressure?"

"More than enough."

A doctor trying to get a blood sample

giphy.gif

Question for car peoples: Does putting on a massive spoiler (like 2 feet high) on a Civic make it go faster?

looks ugly af and my co worker who owns it says it does and only “guys understand” 

oh and I guess having exhaust that sounds like someone is shitting their pants. 

-Amy Miyake