Screw you, litecoins.

Idontkno23

I was a fan of the AMD R9 release, but now that Litecoins have become popular, people who don't know the first thing about gaming are snatching up all of the good cards. AMD's price/performance arguement is completely gone now with the price hike, seeing as I would have to buy a non-reference cooler as well (which are mostly out of stock). I don't have a problem with virtual currencies, but it is a little late to jump into them as a "get-rich-quick" scheme, people telling themselves that they are going to make tons of money are desperately delusional.

Ah well. I'm just angry because I'm going to have to wait to upgrade now. Any idea on when the prices will settle back down??

Funny part is that litecoins have dropped in value by half xD, used to be able to pay for a card in a month with a 7950 or 280x but not even close anymore lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

People are idiots just deal with it

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

It will never go down again,because new Coins appear constantly for people to mine.

It will never go down again,because new Coins appear constantly for people to mine.

Sir, please don't say this. Are you trying to make me cry?

The cold hard truth that is.

There are people in this world, that collect the tears of the suffering, and drink them.

cartman-tears-o.gif

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

How unfortunate would it be if the increased price of AMD's cards resulting in sales plummeting and a massive drop in AMD's stock, causing it to go the way of Blackberry.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Funny part is that litecoins have dropped in value by half xD, used to be able to pay for a card in a month with a 7950 or 280x but not even close anymore lol

it will rise again,, don't you worry...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

OP I sympathize.  Screw all that is going on with video card production, marketing and sales these days.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

it will rise again,, don't you worry...

Yea I'm sure, I'm actually hoping it takes a few weeks to jump back up so I can mine a few more coins before the difficulty goes up again when it rises. I need to make a quick turn over as I need parts for vehicle lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Yea I'm sure, I'm actually hoping it takes a few weeks to jump back up so I can mine a few more coins before the difficulty goes up again when it rises. I need to make a quick turn over as I need parts for vehicle lol

Mind explaining or give links of what Litecoin or what ever they are? I mean, when I used Google, I am seeing ATM machines related with litecoins  <_<

|MONITOR; ASUS VG248QE |MOTHERBOARD; MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING |PROCESSOR; i7 4770K 4.2GHz |G.SKILL RIPJAWS SERIES 8GB (2 x 4GB) |GRAPHIC; EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

|POWERSUPPLY; EVGA SuperNova 1000W Platinum Modular |KEYBOARD; CORSAIR VENGEANCE K70 |MOUSE; LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE |CHASIS; FRACTAL DESIGN MIDI R2

Mind explaining or give links of what Litecoin or what ever they are? I mean, when I used Google, I am seeing ATM machines related with litecoins  <_<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_mining#Bitcoin_mining

(sorry for pass just the link, i don't fully undesteand neither)  :blush: 

Meanwhile at AMD headquarters: Scrooge_McDuck.jpg

(currently on mobile, will upload later)

@Skeleknights

Lite- and Bitcoin are a new form of p2p network based cryptocurrencies. Mining is a process in which gpus are used to solve some cryptographic (rsa-256) problems.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Don't forget, the ps4 is $700 on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9WK2/

So its a combination of the Holiday season and mining that just jacks the price up.

System: CPU: 4670k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87MX D3H | RAM: 8gb 1600Mhz | Case:Corsair 350D | PSU: Corsair CX430, to be upgraded soon | GPU: HD4600, to be upgraded soon

Dogecoin: D787N1VP3JaK3wmKehWhqGXBvspZpQ4YFV

I spoke with a macro-economist and he cleared up my delusions, I was about to buy all the litecoin shit.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Prices only climbed in the US, everywhere else prices remained at their respective MSRPs.

No, it was pretty much a worldwide thing.

In the UK they went from ~£180 to £280, similar hikes in Germany and France.

I know a few friends in Ireland & the Netherlands that bought AMD cards for Christmas at their regular MSRPs.

Prices where I live were unchanged and in Australia as well.

post-37262-0-46015600-1387658262.jpg

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Wait what, when were 7970/r9 280x ever £180 unless your talking about used. Right now on scan.com they are sitting at around £250.

Litecoin and Bitcoin mining will die off.  There are only a finite amount of coins and as more coins get collected the amount gained from mining becomes harder and harder.

I support this thread and the op's message. I have found that prank calling the people buying r9 cards on my local craig'slist helps me to feel better about the whole situation. I suggest giving it a try.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.